Other Games [Round 3, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So did Walsh have a duty of care to avoid May??
I think that’s a fair call to put the onus on the tackler. There was no attempt to make a normal tackle, and it’s the second week in a row where Penrith have hit a player in the head causing a massive reshuffle to the opposition backline.
We have seen the use of the head as a weapon in defence a la James Graham, and with the emphasis on reducing concussions, players need to have a duty of care.

Looks like Walsh has a fracture in cheekbone or eye socket - can’t fly home with the team. Will be driven back today. Will have further tests when swelling goes down

A significant number of games missed if true

I think that’s a fair call to put the onus on the tackler. There was no attempt to make a normal tackle, and it’s the second week in a row where Penrith have hit a player in the head causing a massive reshuffle to the opposition backline.
We have seen the use of the head as a weapon in defence a la James Graham, and with the emphasis on reducing concussions, players need to have a duty of care.
Nothing wrong with the tackle, it could've easily been May with the busted face. No head clash and no one would've even noticed the stand up tackle.

Looks like Walsh has a fracture in cheekbone or eye socket -
A significant number of games missed if true
Its an eye for an eye in the brutal NRL game
No place for the feint hearted

We look more of an Intimidating pack this season
I like the way our Pack was Brutal in our opening two winning games
Brutality creates Fear and Respect
Respect is Earned not given and We are Earning the Respect that is given to All Great Manly teams

Respect is not only Won and Earned but it can also be lost
We dont want to Lose against the Eels and lose what we have Greatly Gained

The tackle was clumsy and reckless - I am surprised that many people are saying it was fine.

Were any of you coached to make a tackle fully upright head to head? It was more like a body check, not quite a shoulder charge.

I don't think this is an ok way to go about making a tackle, and will very likely result in injuries to one or both players.

The tackle was clumsy and reckless - I am surprised that many people are saying it was fine.

Were any of you coached to make a tackle fully upright head to head? It was more like a body check, not quite a shoulder charge.

I don't think this is an ok way to go about making a tackle, and will very likely result in injuries to one or both players.
It's definitely poor technique and resulted in injury so he will definitely cop a charge but IMO it should be less than if he had the same impact with a shoulder charge or swinging arm.

Where was Tedesco’s duty of care when he kneed Talau in the head in the act of scoring? Talau off for HIA yet not a f….ing word said by anyone! Was that an accident? How many head clashes do you see during most games & no penalty given.

Clumsy, reckless you could be right.
But it was legal.

Wow, they always say the injury doesn't effect the charge and I always scoffed at it. In a way I'm happy because there was no intent only poor technique but I'm definitely surprised.

Was just reading Kevvie's take, and as he said "well it was contact to the head" so in that regard he definitely has a point! A very grey area I guess as it wasn't foul play as such but a damaging result nonetheless

Was just reading Kevvie's take, and as he said "well it was contact to the head" so in that regard he definitely has a point! A very grey area I guess as it wasn't foul play as such but a damaging result nonetheless
Some accidental head contact is gonna happen. I guess if they punished a pure head clash things like Keary falling into Turbos knee last week would be the next thing to come under scrutiny. Unless they wanna make it touch footy a line has to be drawn somewhere.

I think the tackler, who chooses to run up like that last night, has a duty not to collide heads and not injure.

Swap Turbo for Walsh and ask yourself again if the tackle should be left unpunished.

Last week Penrith vs Eels also saw in the fist 5 minutes one of the Eels backs knocked out of the game. Wrecked the Eels interchange, mucked up their organisation and defence and Penrith spent the whole game running riot through the channel they in effect created.

If another 'Ellery Hanley' type 'accident' happens a third time for Penrith in the next few rounds, it will be hard for people to believe these are accidents.

I think the tackler, who chooses to run up like that last night, has a duty not to collide heads and not injure.

Swap Turbo for Walsh and ask yourself again if the tackle should be left unpunished.

Last week Penrith vs Eels also saw in the fist 5 minutes one of the Eels backs knocked out of the game. Wrecked the Eels interchange, mucked up their organisation and defence and Penrith spent the whole game running riot through the channel they in effect created.

If another 'Ellery Hanley' type 'accident' happens a third time for Penrith in the next few rounds, it will be hard for people to believe these are accidents.

Jeez, May basically kissed him face to face, if you think that's deliberate well .. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Phew for a moment I thought it was going to be one of those ones were the face ends up in a butt crack!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8