Other Games [Round 3, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I actually couldn't even bring that up, for $30 a month it's bs, I couldn't tell you the number of times it has dropped out and it's usually just as someone looks like scoring, the mother in law gives me filthy looks because I'm muttering words that shouldn't be used in decent company, Kayo just brings out the worst in me😠
So I'm not the only one yelling out f*&k , c*&t, sh*t, motherf***er everytime Kayo starts buffering during a live Manly game.

I find it linguistically interesting. The apostrophes are like glottal stops. There’s a hidden n before every g. Every vowell needs to be pronounced, even the ii which equals ee-ee.

There’s so much more to the world than just the standard Australian English pronunciation. Look at Ireland and Scotland, they are pretty out there too when you compare the written language to the spoken one Woodsie.

OH, I agree .. wasn't a criticism ... just pointing out that being given a typed sheet would be useless to pronunciation for a commentator ...

@Shoe1 ... also ... generally when words are translated from a foreign language to English ... they are spelt phonetically ... eg Japanese ... it just seems odd that these name have been rendered into the English alphabet ... but with strange rules ...

Gus is buffering, he’s 2 mins behind the play. Check his internet provider.
Wowwwwwwww
So I'm not the only one yelling out f*&k , c*&t, sh*t, motherf***er everytime Kayo starts buffering during a live Manly game.
Definitely not Mick, there'd be thousands of us Australia wide, we could start our own forum although the moderators would need to be fairly lenient regarding language, lol

@Shoe1 ... also ... generally when words are translated from a foreign language to English ... they are spelt phonetically ... eg Japanese ... it just seems odd that these name have been rendered into the English alphabet ... but with strange rules ...
Yeah it is bizarre. Surica is “sorsha” in Irish for example. Sinead etc why not shinayd.

And languages that use Roman script but differently to us like the French / Italian. I guess the Italians would say why do the English pronounce “c” differently when it is the same letter.

Yeah I wish they were like good ole English words which are all pronounced phonetically.
Which reminds me, on Wednesday my neighbour, a Colonel, had a knife to the throat of his daughter because there was no receipt for a salmon she got on her way back from the psychologist. Listen, I said, just relax and I'll cover the debt, but I left when he threatened to get a bomb!

:giggle:
991F5291-1B14-4931-A9A9-91CEB8EB3E55.gif

Tigers problem is the same as its been for the past decade, Luke Brooks is a dead set myth. Im just totally lost at how they've never cut him loose.

But I guess that just shows what a clusterfeck of an organization they are....

Tigers and Knights will have a fascinating battle for the spoon.

Tigers problem is the same as its been for the past decade, Luke Brooks is a dead set myth. Im just totally lost at how they've never cut him loose.

But I guess that just shows what a clusterfeck of an organization they are....

Tigers and Knights will have a fascinating battle for the spoon.

Agree. Brooks can't organise anything.

Why didn't they give him to Newcastle when they wanted him?
Nobody will want him now.

The tigers look disinterested. Sheens appointing himself coach was dumb. They have no go forward or creativity with the footy. They need to let Brooks go.
Yeah but who else, I’m not convinced bungi will make much difference, he has always been a skilled player that played his own game a bit of a one man show and had a team around him that just hung around waiting for something to happen that they could feed off. Not sure if you can coach a team from that

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4