Other Games [Round 3, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So apparently Manly has ceased to exist because as Vonnie just said the donkeys and the sardines are the only undefeated teams in the NRL. It'll be a week of non stop Brisbane wankfest up here. No other teams matter especially Manly.
I'm guessing you know she's a Queenslander ???

Best club he's ever played for !!
13 seasons of NRL and at age 33 decides to jump on the "I want my surname pronounced like this now!" bandwagon.
I’m going to propose my second rule change in two days.
You have one season to make sure the commentary and everyone else
on your Christmas card list has it locked in. No bloody changes after one season.

I'm sure Kayo will refund you all a little bit from this weekend's buffering hell.

(and that's the funniest thing you'll hear all week!)

I don’t have a problem with these players wishing to have their names correctly pronounced. We should do that.

My comment was a take on how with Tapau pronounced as it should be, ‘Kapow’ suddenly becomes a little dated.

Tried that. Buffering is actually worse.
I actually couldn't even bring that up, for $30 a month it's bs, I couldn't tell you the number of times it has dropped out and it's usually just as someone looks like scoring, the mother in law gives me filthy looks because I'm muttering words that shouldn't be used in decent company, Kayo just brings out the worst in me😠

The problem for Australian accented people is, that the Islander names are not pronounced phonetically to our vowels and syllabels .. they tend to use the hotchpodge of Kiwi and Islander phonetics ..

So having a typed list of names is 100% useless as a guide to pronunciation .... the written and the verbal are not in synch ....

I actually couldn't even bring that up, for $30 a month it's bs, I couldn't tell you the number of times it has dropped out and it's usually just as someone looks like scoring, the mother in law gives me filthy looks because I'm muttering words that shouldn't be used in decent company, Kayo just brings out the worst in me😠
I blow up deluxe when Kayo craps itself - which it has been doing a lot lately. As mentioned by others I resorted to streaming it from my phone to the tv on Friday night. It’s a joke for what it costs.

The problem for Australian accented people is, that the Islander names are not pronounced phonetically to our vowels and syllabels .. they tend to use the hotchpodge of Kiwi and Islander phonetics ..

So having a typed list of names is 100% useless as a guide to pronunciation .... the written and the verbal are not in synch ....
I find it linguistically interesting. The apostrophes are like glottal stops. There’s a hidden n before every g. Every vowell needs to be pronounced, even the ii which equals ee-ee.

There’s so much more to the world than just the standard Australian English pronunciation. Look at Ireland and Scotland, they are pretty out there too when you compare the written language to the spoken one Woodsie.

the Islander names are not pronounced phonetically to our vowels and syllabels .. t
Yeah I wish they were like good ole English words which are all pronounced phonetically.
Which reminds me, on Wednesday my neighbour, a Colonel, had a knife to the throat of his daughter because there was no receipt for a salmon she got on her way back from the psychologist. Listen, I said, just relax and I'll cover the debt, but I left when he threatened to get a bomb!

:giggle:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8