Other Games [Round 25, 2021] ~Final Round~

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So I’m guessing if we lose to ordinary reffing / bunker on Saturday , Des should absolutely lose his **** , we pay the $40k and that guarantees our next few wins ?!
It’s business as usual for us we always have to beat the 17 men on the other side plus thier 18 th man .
We have to be good enough so the 18th man can’t influence the result
Go Manly

47MVEagle

Bencher
Teddy trying to use the challenge as an all-encompassing tactic, obviously hoping something that would go the Roosters' way in that passage would be picked up by the bunker.

The ref should have simply said it wasn't a challengeable occurrence & moved on.

At best the bunker may have found something in the Roosters' favour, at worst they got a rest.

Such a joke when players start using these things cynically.

47MVEagle

Bencher
What else is a joke is how the Roosters got away with 2 knock ons in the game that were obvious to anyone watching - even Anasta & Brandy commented on them - yet the ref, touchies & bunker all apparently missed them.

Roosters were under much less scrutiny last night than every other team has been this season.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Game over now. Gee these Raiders players don’t give a rats. Fair go is Wighton the most overrated player going around. See ya later raiders, hopeless.
They should be fined big dollars for that performance.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What else is a joke is how the Roosters got away with 2 knock ons in the game that were obvious to anyone watching - even Anasta & Brandy commented on them - yet the ref, touchies & bunker all apparently missed them.

Roosters were under much less scrutiny last night than every other team has been this season.

If the ref misses an obv knock on, can the defending capt yell out "challenge!!" or not because the play hasn't actually stopped?

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member

You can forgive the Ikavalu one as that happened so quick, but the Lam one? no way. That was an outrageous miss.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Couple of shoulder charges too, some awkward moments as the commentators avoided mentioning them.
$40 K well spent indeed.

Rafferty

Mug punter
Teddy trying to use the challenge as an all-encompassing tactic, obviously hoping something that would go the Roosters' way in that passage would be picked up by the bunker.

The ref should have simply said it wasn't a challengeable occurrence & moved on.

At best the bunker may have found something in the Roosters' favour, at worst they got a rest.

Another small point, Sutton told Teddy his time to challenge was over, then folded when Teddy stated he was after a challenge from the start, (after the benefit of on field coaching from sutton) teddy then had the influence to get Sutton to change his call and challange something that he supposedly couldn’t challange, which he then lost the challenge, but retained his challenge because the challenge he challanged wasn’t a challange.
Question, why was he allowed to challenge then, absolute farce. I guess you nailed in your opening sentence as he benefited from a similar incident a couple of weeks back, by having another incident picked up during a challange.

Last edited:

The Who

Journey Man
Has the Captain's Challenge improved the sport?
Definitely not, in my opinion. It has become messy and frustrating because you can only challenge on certain things.
I thought the CC was introduced to stop 'howlers' such as an obvious forward pass (or visa versa) which costs a team a match, such as us V Doesn'tmatta in 2020, but no; you can't challenge a forward pass....

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member

At the very least the challenge should have been taken off them for time wasting. Teddy knew exactly what he was doing by arguing with Sutton to buy time for his defence to reset after giving away a penalty

The Who

Journey Man
At the very least the challenge should have been taken off them for time wasting. Teddy knew exactly what he was doing by arguing with Sutton to buy time for his defence to reset after giving away a penalty
Little by little the NRL is sapping the authority of the on-field referee. Giving captains the opportunity to challenge is just the latest, and further undermines the decision-making of the ref.
Let's not forget that the NRL is the only level of RL that has both a Bunker and a CC. The layers under the NRL seem to cope with one referee in charge.

Shoe1

Journey Man
It's almost like the raiders threw that game.

There were quite a few sets of 6 where Wighton didn't even touch the ball, which is ridiculous for their most dangerous and creative player.

47MVEagle

Bencher
You can forgive the Ikavalu one as that happened so quick, but the Lam one? no way. That was an outrageous miss.
I was actually thinking of the Tupou & Lam knock ons.

Did Ikavalu knock on too?

So that's 3 they got away with, at least one of which was immediately prior to them scoring a try.

47MVEagle

Bencher
If the ref misses an obv knock on, can the defending capt yell out "challenge!!" or not because the play hasn't actually stopped?
I think play has to have stopped BUT how many times this season have we seen the bunker call out a high shot several tackles after it happened & the ref to place the offending player on report & award a penalty?

Surely knock ons can be called back too?

cc eagle

Bencher
I think play has to have stopped BUT how many times this season have we seen the bunker call out a high shot several tackles after it happened & the ref to place the offending player on report & award a penalty?

Surely knock ons can be called back too?
Bunker can't get involved in general play only illegal or foul play

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18