Other games [Round 11, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If there isn't currently discretion for a ref to penalise a player feigning injury -- particularly for those phantom "crusher" tackles -- then there should be. The current rules have set off an epidemic of soccer-like histrionics.
Every tackle these days is likely to ruin an even contest. It's not the sport I love watching any more because it really is a lottery.
As well as wrestling classes the wealthier club will soon be employing acting coaches. Souffs already have an actor in place.

Sometimes its easy to see why Ch.9 cherry pick the late season games to show on Thursday and Friday nights. Showing Finals contenders as opposed to two teams racing to the bottom of the ladder is usually better for ratings.
I'm amazed the Donkeys weren't on Channel nein. In fact, I reckon they would have had their third win of the season had they played Illawarra or Cronulla.

Vaughan getting binned for the attacker getting tackled into his arm was ridiculous.

Vaughan then getting a penalty for a non existant crusher, that he play acted for, was even worse.

NRL really sucks at the moment.

Hughes and Kenny Bromwich ruled out for the Storm, Cooper Johns to play 7.
So the Storm are without their whole first choice spine - Grant, Hughes, Munster and Papy. Be interesting to see how they go. If that was us it'd be considered excuse enough for a 50 point flogging by some.

You know, just watching this Chooks vs Donkeys game, it got me thinking. Brisbane right now are having mass problems finding anyone decent in the halves, to the point where they are actually recycling Albert Kelly some 7 years after his last NRL game.....

Yet if the coaches and talent scouts at the Broncos had been doing their jobs properly, right now they could have easily had Sam Walker and Reece Walsh as their 7 and 6.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8