Other consequences for Benji Marshall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
While Gallop continues to argue the unarguable in relation to the suspension, the NRL has as far as I am aware remained silent on any other consequences Benji Marshall may be subject to as a result of the assault charges.

Brett Stewart was:
  • removed as the face of the game
  • removed from all NRL advertising
  • removed from an Australia Post stamp collection
  • removed from the Avocados Australia promotion (Snake Salsa recipe)

I recall that the NRL's reasoning for at least some of these was "image concerns", so will Benji Marshall be subjected to the same treatment while his charges are pending?  The face of the game being accused of punching someone in the middle of the city cannot be good for the NRL's image.

Of course Benji won't be removed as the face of the game, from NRL advertising, from other collections and promotions.  Nor will Carney.
Gallop wants the image of Rugby League to be associated with 3am physical assaults on members of the public in known trouble-spots, habitual DUI offenses, etc.

Gallop has made clear that peacefully and responsibly catching a cab home after drinking "brings the game into disrepute". Law-abiders and gentlemen no longer have a place in this great game.

Moved to the have a whinge forum?  That's a bit rough.  I just asked a question.

But since I am now in the have a whinge forum, I may as well have a whinge about being moved to the have a whinge forum...   :p

Much better, but its only my code, the rest of the plebs are borderline illiterate, especially Dan :)

I'm questioning the use of 4 commas in one sentence Fro, and being used that way. But this is the whinge area. Try a few full stops instead. :p

I'll give that suggestion the consideration it deserves.

Where would you suggest I place one?

P.S. spelling is my preferred area, grammar has been tacked on the end by those less able to comprehend :)

Fro link said:
I'll give that suggestion the consideration it deserves.

Where would you suggest I place one?

I guess I could say anywhere when your fingers start to approach the keyboard. hehe Keep up the good fight :)

Gallop is worried he'll look more like a goose if he has to ditch the face of the game that HE chose.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2