Origin teams taking shape

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/the...t/news-story/3f8321e79225526f0669c22b9e756b5f

Nsw backline set to be

1 Tedesco
2 Trbojevic
3 Hayne
4 Dugan
5 Ferguson
6 Maloney
7 Pearce (Moylan an outside chance)

And myles certain to play.

I know duggan plays centre for Australia but i dont rate him. On form this year Walker has been brilliant but they wont choose him (better for Manly I guess)

Most interesting will be the forward and hooker positions. Cordiner, Jake, Graham, Tyson, Jackson, de bellin i think will be fighting for 4 of those positions in the back row. Leave Merrin out.

Front row Vaughan and Fifita possibly Boyd on the bench. Definitely Jack Bird to have the utilty position as he can cover pretty much any position on the park.

Hooker Cameron Mcinnes

I like that backline, except for frigging Pearce.

He will have another terrible series, and we will lose. If we win it will be because some heroics from Maloney.

I hope I'm wrong, I guess this is the first time he will have played origin since his "I wanna root dogs and that" fiasco. Maybe he's turned a corner.

I wish NSW had a halfback other than Pearce whose form was irresistible.

I know duggan plays centre for Australia but i dont rate him. On form this year Walker has been brilliant but they wont choose him (better for Manly I guess)

Most interesting will be the forward and hooker positions. Cordiner, Jake, Graham, Tyson, Jackson, de bellin i think will be fighting for 4 of those positions in the back row. Leave Merrin out.

Front row Vaughan and Fifita possibly Boyd on the bench. Definitely Jack Bird to have the utilty position as he can cover pretty much any position on the park.

Hooker Cameron Mcinnes
I'd have Bird in the centres with Hayne and have Peats in the 9, with Wade Graham as the utility, otherwise Blake Austin could easily fill that role.

Pearce........I'm no ironstine but we've lost every series he's played in and won the only one he didn't...... simple maths unless you're Laurie Daley.
To be fair there are a lot of NSW players who have never played in a winning series

Origin? Does anyone even care about it.

Game one of the 2016 State of Origin smashed all records on Wednesday night, with some four million people tuning in around the country to watch Queensland thump New South Wales, 6-4.

Channel Nine’s coverage blitzed the night’s viewing, with the match itself recording the highest audience figure for any State of Origin match since the competition began.

At its peak, some 4.423 million viewers had tuned in (taking into account city and regional viewers) while it averaged 3.951 million viewers across the telecast.

Across the five major metropolitan centres, the match hit a peak audience of 2.929 million and an average of 2.708 million viewers.

Yeah but does anyone care about it.

People actually listen to Ray Hadley on the radio too, hasnt he won 100,000 straight ratings periods. There must be a lot of radios out there with broken knobs.

Game one of the 2016 State of Origin smashed all records on Wednesday night, with some four million people tuning in around the country to watch Queensland thump New South Wales, 6-4.

Channel Nine’s coverage blitzed the night’s viewing, with the match itself recording the highest audience figure for any State of Origin match since the competition began.

At its peak, some 4.423 million viewers had tuned in (taking into account city and regional viewers) while it averaged 3.951 million viewers across the telecast.

Across the five major metropolitan centres, the match hit a peak audience of 2.929 million and an average of 2.708 million viewers.

First, how is a 6-4 a thumping......

Second, 4.423million viewers in a nation of roughly 24million people is not ideal. Means that roughly 20million people could give two sh*ts about SOO (myself included) based on its current format. Yes, premiership season game, but it is hardly something that should be held in high regard.

For comparison sake:
2016 AFL Grand Final: 4.1 million
2016 NRL Grand Final: 3.7 million
2016 A-League Grand Final: 297k
2016 Superbowl (US only): 111.9 million

Considering the US population is 324 million, roughly 1 in 3 people watch the Superbowl. In Australia, less than 1 in 6 people are interested in SOO or either GF. To me, that says a lot about the ability of both the NRL and AFL to actually encourage people to watch.

So in reality, based on the current format of SOO and the NRL in general, only a small portion of the population are actually interested.

Canada's victory against Team USA in the Olympic gold-medal game Sunday night (2010 Olympics) was the most-watched hockey game in the United States in 30 years.

It was the most-watched television broadcast ever in Canadian history, with an average audience of 16.6 million viewers.

Nearly half of the Canadian population watched the entire game on average, while 80 percent of Canadians watched some part of the game (26.5 million).

The game aired live on nine television networks in eight languages via Canada's Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium.

Now that's giving a damn!

Over the last few years i haven't cared as much about state of orgin as i use to - mainly because of the way it is portrayed on channel 9 and the woeful commentary and appalling refereeing! We have also picked a few very avg players.

With a talented bunch of nsw players now emerging im looking forward to seeing how they go, even though we still dont have a half back. But im also just sick of hearing about qld and their culture and how much better they are. They have their own fox show for crying out loud. It would be good to see the young blues absolutely give it to Cameron smith and slater and cronk and co.

One game a year played on foxtel would be ideal. No NRL matches played during that week to be fair on all nrl sides.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8