Origin teams taking shape

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
mainly because of the way it is portrayed on channel 9 and the woeful commentary and appalling refereeing!
admittedly SOO does play an important role for testing various officiating scenarios in front of large parochial audiences.

I think the last 2 SOO games I watched, several years ago, was when they were testing how a series of appalling decisions in the first few minutes can destroy one teams chances, even if they have lots of talented players......and of course the testing was such a howling success that we now see this scenario employed on a regular week to week basis. :eek:

Last edited:
team they should choose
turbo
Dugan
walker
Roberts
tupou or Ferguson
Maloney
Reynolds Adam
Ryan James
Wallace
Vaughn
wade Graham
cordner
Jake t

fifita
debelin
gallen
Shannon Boyd

the halves is hard Maloney has been average this year but he has been there before and is a big game player. hooker only Wallace stands out but not by much lol.
fritzel Merrin 18th and 19th man

Game one of the 2016 State of Origin smashed all records on Wednesday night, with some four million people tuning in around the country to watch Queensland thump New South Wales, 6-4.

Channel Nine’s coverage blitzed the night’s viewing, with the match itself recording the highest audience figure for any State of Origin match since the competition began.

At its peak, some 4.423 million viewers had tuned in (taking into account city and regional viewers) while it averaged 3.951 million viewers across the telecast.

Across the five major metropolitan centres, the match hit a peak audience of 2.929 million and an average of 2.708 million viewers.

But what was it up against? It's a Wednesday night, bugger all on TV anyway. And half the time the rival networks put a crappy movie or rerun on instead of their normal Masterchef/My KitchenHouse Rules or whatever.

It's a dated concept that I have little interest in these days. Let's be honest it's not competing with much in terms of ratings on a wed night.

team they should choose
turbo
Dugan
walker
Roberts
tupou or Ferguson
Maloney
Reynolds Adam
Ryan James
Wallace
Vaughn
wade Graham
cordner
Jake t

fifita
debelin
gallen
Shannon Boyd

the halves is hard Maloney has been average this year but he has been there before and is a big game player. hooker only Wallace stands out but not by much lol.
fritzel Merrin 18th and 19th man

are you on Marks mailing list for the QLD fans get together?

waaaaaah? you don't like that team? Who would u choose good sir

This is what I don't like
Turbo at 1 - his fitness/positioning and organizing skills are not the best, may also be over awed. needs to play on the wing. Replace with Teddy or Hayne
Dugan - injured Replace with Bird or Hayne
Roberts - injured and can't tackle, replace with Fergo or Hayne
James/Wallace/Vaughen - no experience at SOO for a starting front row. Need at least one hard head experienced player up front to guide the tempo in the first 20. Took Fifita a couple of years to settle down, now he can start. James does not make my origin team, much rather Klemmer as impact.

Backrow is good but I would drop Wade to the bench, bring in Frizel to start - that guy is too good to be watching the game. Graham can also cover utility then if Bird is in the centres.

Bench - Gallen has retired so picking him to just watch the game from the sideline is a waste of a bench spot.

Bird must play in the centres or off the bench, like Hayne he plays his best for SOO. If he gets the bench spot then Debellin goes.

You just dont want Manly players being risked in SOO Fluffy. Actually I can sympathise with that position but experience in SOO actually seems to lift a players quality once they've experienced the chance.

Girdler has picked Jake as the Blues Captain.
He says that he will be there for the next 10 years, so make him the captain now.
Jake plays the game the right way and he has the right temprement :)

NRLTonight

He says that he will be there for the next 10 years, so make him the captain now.

NRLTonight
way too early for him to captain the state. He should come off the bench at best and get a taste. Why start him, smash him with pressure when there are plenty of other forwards that can do the job just as good. Can't rush young fellas into Origin.

Yep he will be skipper if we get a good coach for nsw. Jake is in my opinion the best forward nsw have at the moment, best defender and one of the best ball players.
NRLTonight

True

But it was interesting to hear Girds' rationale of blooding Jake now, as he sees him as a long term SOO player :nod:
No arguments here, he certainly is on track for a long SOO career. (I'm one of the selfish ones who want him all for Manly @:smirk:)

NRLTonight
As much as I love Jake I don't think he's the right person to captain a side in the modern game. A few years back and he'd have been perfect but these days you need someone who can talk impartially to the refs and Jake's too passionate to do that. Co-captain him with someone that has a good track record with refs and you've got a winning combination.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8