Origin II - 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ohhh FFS. sent to the bin for touching the guy's head.

NRL has lost the plot managing our game
Can you imagine taking someone to the game last night who hadn’t seen a game of league before ( with 90,000+ there, I reckon there’d be quite a few). And having to explain that the first guy got sent for touching someone’s hair, and fk nose about the second one, because there was no replay.:eek:

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Klown has just been embarrassing this half... how he is the best ref available... wow!
Round 15 he was the ref for the Tigers v Titans game, and I thought finally Sutton has put him in charge of two teams that were 2nd and third last, which is where his refereeing capabilities comply.

But no. He gets a week off, then gets a gig in front of 90,000+ ppl.
It’s just embarrassing. I would’ve given it to Todd Smith. But he’s not part of the Sutton cartel, so we end up with the clown.

ps. then again, we all had to cop the Nein knobheads. How the fk does Lockyer get a gig with his voice (what’s left of it). He makes Seibold sound like a choirboy.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I think sometimes we over play the ref gripes (me included).

Sometimes 6 agains and penalties are deserved......sometimes.

Ashton Davis

Reserve Grader
What NSW produced in the first half last night is why they have been generally referred to as the better team on paper for about the last 5 or 6 years. Unfortunately they’ve let a few series slip in that time.

The Blues have to get their heads right for game 3 otherwise it will be another series that slips away

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
At 34–0 up, even 34–12, there is no excuse to leave your team captain on the bench for 34 minutes of the 2nd half. It wasn't anywhere near like the first game where NSW were in desperate need of more mobile forwards.

And if that's actually Maguire's game plan with how to use Jake, then why bother picking him and making him captain in the first place?? Unless they're off injured or they get an early mark for a job well done in a good win ... especially in representative football, your team captain should be an 80 minute player. So far Jake has not even played enough minutes for 1 full game this series.

Isaah Yeo has spent more time as the on-field NSW captain than Jake has so far, and he's started on the bench both games.
Mulling it over with the daughter post game, and we couldn’t come up with anything positive about leaving him on the bench for so long. And being Captain just made it even more mind boggling.
If Jake gets picked for the last game, I’d be handing McGuire a list of demands ie. I get to play at least 60minutes, break it up to 30+30 in each halves, whatever, it’s 60 or shove it. And give the captaincy to Yeo. I get sidetracked when I’m captain, because I love everyone (even the ref). Just let me go out there and fold blokes in half….for 60minutes!:devil:

eaglebuzz

Bencher
I think sometimes we over play the ref gripes (me included).

Sometimes 6 agains and penalties are deserved......sometimes.
Some of the penalties QLD were getting at the start of the second half were softer than NRL level, let alone Origin. He was clearly rubber banding it to try to keep the result close. Robbed NSW of a legitimate chance to put on an all-time thrashing of QLD

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Some of the penalties QLD were getting at the start of the second half were softer than NRL level, let alone Origin. He was clearly rubber banding it to try to keep the result close. Robbed NSW of a legitimate chance to put on an all-time thrashing of QLD
Not specifically talking last night as I was watching at the pub and its always harder to properly review a match.

Just in general. I don't buy the managing results conspiracy. I buy the much more plausible, incompetence theory.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Mulling it over with the daughter post game, and we couldn’t come up with anything positive about leaving him on the bench for so long. And being Captain just made it even more mind boggling.
If Jake gets picked for the last game, I’d be handing McGuire a list of demands ie. I get to play at least 60minutes, break it up to 30+30 in each halves, whatever, it’s 60 or shove it. And give the captaincy to Yeo. I get sidetracked when I’m captain, because I love everyone (even the ref). Just let me go out there and fold blokes in half….for 60minutes!:devil:
You could see his work in the first 20 min which allowed Haas to carry the ball forward like he did

Interestingly his play the ball speed was the second quickest of all the NSW forwards only behind Martin. He made 15 tackles in his 30 odd minutes Haas did only 31 in 50 minutes and that was when QLD had the ball.

As James Graham said there was intent from the first tackle when Collins was folded - that was Jake. In an open game they do not see the need for him

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Jake Trbojevic's biggest problem as a representative forward is that he isn't the metre eating style of prop forward. Hell, there are outside backs (some playing for Manly) who have more post contact metres per game than Jake, and that's even before you factor in tackle breaks that turn into line breaks.

FMD rugby league stats have become more complicated than the Federal Budget.

Most of Jake's worth in rep footy has been as a defender and because he's really been the glue that's held NSW together over the past few years just because of the person and player he is. I still say the biggest mistake of Mal Meninga's coaching career was dropping Jake for the Pacific Championships Final last year. In the previous game he had dominated the Kiwis in the middle largely through his tireless defence. In the Final, there was none of that to stop them rampaging through the middle, which they did straight from kick-off. It was a tactical blunder and we all know the end result.

Yes Jake is 30 years old so he's no spring chicken. But he's proven 80 minute Origin player. For Maguire to play him less than a half of each game defies logic, especially seeing as he made Jake the team bloody captain.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
The good thing is that its probably going to be a Manly player holding the Origin trophy up high as their state's winning team captain at the end of Game 3.

If Cherry does it will be his 4th series win as Qld captain, adding to 2020, 2022 and 2023. If Jake does he will be the first Manly player to captain NSW to an Origin series win since Tooves in 1997.

Pete W

Bencher
Why is everyone getting worked up over Jake's minutes??

By naming Jake our state's captain, NSW is sending the message to all our players that these are the traits and attitudes we must aspire to. This is no accident, and his number of minutes do not have to equate to his designated role, and significance to the team.

The first 20min of a rugby league contest is critical. Even more so at Origin level. It is particularly brutal.

By sending him out for the opening 20, NSW is relying on his strengths as a player: his tremendous ability to hold firm a team's middle. This is the foundation of success. Without this, you have nothing.

NSW broke QLD and ran riot. But this is only possible if the middle forwards win the battle early. Jake had a huge part in this. Once his role was completed, the quicker and flashier superstars took advantage on the scoreboard. But, in Jake we trust

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

By naming Jake our state's captain, NSW is sending the message to all our players that these are the traits and attitudes we must aspire to. This is no accident, and his number of minutes do not have to equate to his designated role, and significance to the team.

The first 20min of a rugby league contest is critical. Even more so at Origin level. It is particularly brutal.

By sending him out for the opening 20, NSW is relying on his strengths as a player: his tremendous ability to hold firm a team's middle. This is the foundation of success. Without this, you have nothing.

NSW broke QLD and ran riot. But this is only possible if the middle forwards win the battle early. Jake had a huge part in this. Once his role was completed, the quicker and flashier superstars took advantage on the scoreboard. But, in Jake we trust
Agree, NSW executed their game plan and won very well, when your backrowers play the full 80 or 70 in Martin’s case due to the sin bin there were 6 middle forwards to have game time.

When you play at that level their are numerous captain options, Jake got chosen and he has done a fine job.

The 33 minutes Jake played Queensland scored zero points when he was on, coincidentally maybe, though Yeo did a good job when replacing Jake after his first 25 minutes.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!

Totally! I watched Jake closely in his first stint and trust me he did 40mins work in that period. He was always there making the tackles on the kick chase with the backs! I agree his captaincy is all about standards and attitude. That said I’d still like to have seen him out there longer than what he got. Min 40mins.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Round 15 he was the ref for the Tigers v Titans game, and I thought finally Sutton has put him in charge of two teams that were 2nd and third last, which is where his refereeing capabilities comply.

But no. He gets a week off, then gets a gig in front of 90,000+ ppl.
It’s just embarrassing. I would’ve given it to Todd Smith. But he’s not part of the Sutton cartel, so we end up with the clown.

ps. then again, we all had to cop the Nein knobheads. How the fk does Lockyer get a gig with his voice (what’s left of it). He makes Seibold sound like a choirboy.
Agree 9 is shocking. I almost found myself saying get Vossy on somehow! Almost……

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18