Orfords signed......... let's talk Jamie Lyon!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blunty

Reserve Grader

2GB sideline reporter Tony Mcgae claiming Lyon is seeking a release again to play with Manly in 2006.

1 - Fitzgerald won't budge will he?

2 - Where's this cap room coming from? (Hopefully King, maybe it was Harris and Orford was always under the cap)

3 - ****in' ripper backline would we not.

4 - There's our wing problem solved, Alberts pushes out.

5 - ****in' ripper backline would we not.

6 - Pity our frontrowers would still be powderpuffs.

P.S. - If Lyon becomes available, it is a must that we get him, the best centre in the world. Release whoever you want but get him IMO.

I agree with that Blunty. He is carving them up over there.

What an awesome get that would be. That would really send the RL world in a spin!

Hey wait everyone, there's a pink pig flying over brookvale oval. No way Parramatta will allow him to play for us, not until he's Terry Hill's age that is.

Hey wait everyone, there's a pink pig flying over brookvale oval. No way Parramatta will allow him to play for us, not until he's Terry Hill's age that is.

He's only 24 mate. Even when he is eligible to come back to the NRL he will only be 26 or 27, still a lot of years in him.

2GB sideline reporter Tony Mcgae claiming Lyon is seeking a release again to play with Manly in 2006.

1 - Fitzgerald won't budge will he?

2 - Where's this cap room coming from? (Hopefully King, maybe it was Harris and Orford was always under the cap)

3 - ****in' ripper backline would we not.

4 - There's our wing problem solved, Alberts pushes out.

5 - ****in' ripper backline would we not.

6 - Pity our frontrowers would still be powderpuffs.

Imagine the media frenzy and cap rorting speculation if that happened. But I would love it!!! I'm sure it will not happen, we have heard it all before, but wow wouldn't our backline look good next year if it did happen

With the whole cap issue though, I don't really think we should be struggling that much with the cap, as claimed in the media. Our squad on paper isn't as strong as a lot of teams in the comp (even with Orford and Bell). I mean we have a lot of average players in our top 25 who do a good job but would not be on big money (e.g. Hicks, Witt, Hecks, Lulu, Williamson, Dunley etc) and also a lot of young blokes with big futures who wouldn't be earning now what they will be capable of earning in a few years time (e.g. Watmough, Stewart, Alberts etc). Really the only big earners in the team would be Orford, Bell, Monaghan, Kennedy, Kite and Menzies, with Kennedy and Kite earning massive sign on fees which was counted under the 2004 cap which we were well short of breaching and Menzies having a massive discount due to his amazing 10 years + service for the club.

I said this could happen during the week when I explained my experience with Zorba. Masterful timing I must have.

It would be fantastic if true, from a salary cap point of view I suspect his contract would be loaded for the latter years of the contract and lower for 2006-07, at which time players like Beaver & BK1 will have presumably retired and freed up salary issues.

Greetings from Phuket !!

Just now I've learnt about the Orford signing . Great news & if Lyon was also to join us we will be a top 4 side next season. I also would be surprised if Parra agreed to let Lyon join the Eagles. What's happening with Randall ? Is he staying ??

Hope to be back in Sydney for Sundays "must win" game !!

Randall is goooooooooone hopefully.

There's no bidding war or queue for his services surprisingly. :roll:

Randall is goooooooooone hopefully.

There's no bidding war or queue for his services surprisingly. :roll:

Maybe we've struck a deal with the Eels.

Stephenson, Randall, King and Moorwood so they'll release Lyon.

We'd miss them, but it is a close call.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4