Orfords kidding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I assume your post is directed at me Biscuitits.  Yes?  I comment on plenty of players.  I give plaudits when they're deserved and heap brickbats when they're not.  I also don't live in the past.  And I assume the game is won or lost by more than one person.  If you can convince me that Orford won us the game tonight then fine.  Don't tell me more drivel about 07 and 08.  That's in the past.  Imo Orford had a poor game tonight, full stop.  Mattai was mom in my opinion.  If you think Robbo was a fullback then you're in lala land.  I don't know about the Williamson players , but I always had a sofft spot for Willo.  If that's who you're referring to.  Bailey I haven't talked about, but Perry is soft so far this season.  Neumann?  I don't think I've mentioned him, others have.  You're a cock Biscutits and you should join your mate Cliffy in the toilet.  

i never said he won us the game, but he wasnt the crippled lepper you make him out to be. Nice of you to call me names too. Clasyy way to make your point

DSM5 link said:
I assume your post is directed at me Biscuitits.  Yes?  I comment on plenty of players.  I give plaudits when they're deserved and heap brickbats when they're not.  I also don't live in the past.  And I assume the game is won or lost by more than one person.  If you can convince me that Orford won us the game tonight then fine.  Don't tell me more drivel about 07 and 08.  That's in the past.  Imo Orford had a poor game tonight, full stop.  Mattai was mom in my opinion.  If you think Robbo was a fullback then you're in lala land.  I don't know about the Williamson players , but I always had a sofft spot for Willo.  If that's who you're referring to.  Bailey I haven't talked about, but Perry is soft so far this season.  Neumann?  I don't think I've mentioned him, others have.  You're a cock Biscutits and you should join your mate Cliffy in the toilet.  

Mate - I thought you were better than that. I always respected your opinion, because you mostly have interesting, astute and well thought out things to say.

But dude - that last sentence wasn't cool. Regardless of what or whom your arguing for or against.

Ryan, what's with the santimonious tone of your post?  OK, I think Orford should go.  There, happy?  Give the guy from the U20s a go.  He constantly annoys me with his poor options, on display again tonight.  We should have won by thirty.  Is 'just a win' good enough for you?  Yes?  I expect great things from this team and Orford is standing in the way.  And Swoop, I haven't bagged Bailey as others have.  Take a look you  wanker.    

So if Cherry Evans plays or Hodgkinson does we win by 30?  Fark me you are passionate but jesus you are stupid. 

you would rather stick a 19 year old that has never played outside his age group in the key spot than a bloke that has played 200 first grade games, 50 plus with most of his current team mates, won a dally m, played in 2 grand finlas in the past year and a half, one of which was the largest winning margin in a gf ever. If you are talking Hodgkinson, he is not a part of our 20s, he is older than that.

Go suck on it Ryan.  Your expectations of this team are so low.  I expect excellence from all the players, each week.  Sorry, I don't expect it, I demand it.  I post when I see weakness.  Quote, 'Mate, I thought you were better than that'.  Get a grip Ryan.  I'm under attack for my opinions from little people, I respond, and I actually don't care whether you respect my opinion or not.  I'll continue to give it as I see it.      

DSM5 link said:
Ryan, what's with the santimonious tone of your post?  OK, I think Orford should go.  There, happy?  Give the guy from the U20s a go.  He constantly annoys me with his poor options, on display again tonight.  We should have won by thirty.  Is 'just a win' good enough for you?  Yes?  I expect great things from this team and Orford is standing in the way.  And Swoop, I haven't bagged Bailey as others have.  Take a look you  wanker.    

Who would you put in, in his place mate, and why?
Hodgkinson has been very hot and cold in the QLD cup (I've only seen one game, read the reviews in the rest);
Cherry-Evans has a very slight build and would get smashed.
Foran - Ill give you that, but he's played 5/8 for the past 30 odd months.

We are very lucky, and I am personally counting down the days until he inks another 2 year deal with us.

as of today, there ar only 2 half backs i would swap him for. Get me prince or cronk and ill pack orfords bags myself

DSM5 link said:
Mattai was mom in my opinion.  

Over Lyon your kidding yourself.

Was mentioned in the coverage that Ox has the best repeat sets stats of any player in the comp (that is drop outs from last tackle options) considering we were 0 and 4 last week that is pretty good.

His pass to Lyon for his 2nd was beautiful and he was a terrier in defence.

He has played poorly in the past but not tonight.

It's an interesting thing that I've been posting for ages that Orford should not be the kicker in the squad.  Hello! now he's not, and we are kicking goals and gaining yards in the penalty area.  Go figure.  Garts, tell me if you think Orford was good tonight and if so how? please.  Biscuits I can't repeat endlessly my response to your comments on Orfords past 'achievements', I'm tired of commenting on them..    

DSM5 link said:
Go suck on it Ryan.  Your expectations of this team are so low.  I expect excellence from all the players, each week.  Sorry, I don't expect it, I demand it.  I post when I see weakness.  Quote, 'Mate, I thought you were better than that'.  Get a grip Ryan.  I'm under attack for my opinions from little people, I respond, and I actually don't care whether you respect my opinion or not.  I'll continue to give it as I see it.      

My expectations are most certainly NOT low. I'm one of the hardest critics there are. You weren't around in the early years when things for The Eagles weren't crash hot on the field on this site.

That being said, we have a full team to be proud of right now. That includes a player and 1/2 back that is great.

Little people.  Nothing wrong with little people Ryan, I am about Tooves height.  Deadset DSM5 you bag Orford with no solution.  If you think our junior halves are going to do better for us you are seriously simple.  How many games have you seen Hodkinson play?  Do you fly to Qld each week and see how he goes?  Or should we we just drop Orford like we should have dropped Matai and Watmough like you suggested last year?  How much of a master stroke would have that been?

DSM5 Orford took on the line, he tackled well. put on a couple of repeat sets, set up Lyons try.  Basically he did well.  I am not a Orford lover but I am not blinded by retardation either.

So how has Hodgkinson being going?

Good night all.  Drop players when their form warrants it.  Show me my post when I said that Choc should be dropped.  He drops balls and give away penalties but that's just his go.  Matai was our best tonight.  We were floundering until he got the ball and charged into it.  That got us going.  Jamie Lyon is a matchwinner that's for sure, as is Brett.  A  win, but not a great win.  We needed to put them to sleep in the second half and didn't.  Who's to blame for that?    

DSM5 link said:
Good night all.  Drop players when their form warrants it.  Show me my post when I said that Choc should be dropped.  He drops balls and give away penalties but that's just his go.  Matai was our best tonight.  We were floundering until he got the ball and charged into it.  That got us going.  Jamie Lyon is a matchwinner that's for sure, as is Brett.  A  win, but not a great win.  We needed to put them to sleep in the second half and didn't.  Who's to blame for that?    

The teams I reckon.

its not about past acheivements, its about experince, and what you are capable of, One top mtach doesnt make you a star and one poor match doesnt make you a bum. If you are considred the top choice at the club then why would 1, 3 or even 6 sub par performances chage that. it is generally agreed that the less players a club uses throughout the season the bettter. If dsm5 was picking the team one issed takle, poor pass, kick would have you banished and by may we would be selecting th best performed A grader from the local comp in first grade. Having the confidence of your coach and team mates goes a long way to performing well and is what i beleive was the making of glenn stewart as a first grader. When he was a bit player he played like a fill in. When Kennedy left and stewart was told that the position was his he played like he owned it and always had.

I am not searching for posts which you said that Choc should be dropped.  I am not searching for posts when you said Matai should but you have on numerous times.  You are passionate but so farking irrational.  

Who is to blame for not putting them to sleep in the 2nd half?  Many things but it is not all Orford faults.

As many have asked, would Hodginkson or Evans made us win by 30?  Why do you keep ignoring those questions DSM5?  Have u seen Hodgkinson play?  On tv in the 20's last season for 2 games does not count.

Biscuits link said:
clowns like you look for someone to kick every week. No T williams, no nuemann, who else can i have a crack at. And you come up with the man that handles the ball more than any other and kicks more than any other. Heres a tip idiot. More involvement invariably leads to less precision. blame for passes that go behind the runner can be shared by that runner. Kicks that dont start our defensive set also can be attributed to poor play on the leading 5 tackles. This bloke you want to rubbish has led us as cxaptain to two grand finals and a premiership. His team mates have started to produce and now he can start to capitalise. Instead of looking for a scapegoat how about looking at the factors for us starting to climb out of the sh!t and ask yourself if the skipper could be a big factor. If you think he isnt you are delusional.
So tim tam what you're saying is let's blame the players for supposedly instigating ox's **** up's.

And Garts, I have never suggested that Matai should be dropped.  I've suggested many things that were wrong with his defensive structure, and they seem to have been addressed.  Good for him.  Biscuits, Glenn Stewart came up through reserve grade and played NRL a few times and earned his position.  It wasn't his, but his to earn, and he did that.  Ryan, it's a bit specious to reply that it's 'the team's' fault that Souths weren't put to bed.  You can do better.  Look within your heart, and then watch the replay.  Goodnight.        

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6