Orfords Goalkicking

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PEPSI

Bencher
Considering he is our second string kicker, and the three he missed where all pretty much from the sideline Im not going to get to upset about his efforts.

I think he needed a few kicks under his belt so last night will do him some good. Just to dust the cobwebs off the radar.

Plenty ( mainly on MSE ) have caned him about his goalkicking and why Willow/Hicks/Travis etc etc didnt take them. Unless D Halligan is posting on MSE i dont think we need to take too much notice of them.

I think burns should be our number 2 kicker and thought he should have kicked last year. When in PL he was an 80% kicker and good from both sides of the field.

Yeah you're probably right pepsi..............It's not like he's a professional footballer.

I think burns should be our number 2 kicker and thought he should have kicked last year. When in PL he was an 80% kicker and good from both sides of the field.

I didnt Know Travis was a kicker of that quality ( admittedly i dont get to see much PL )

Orford kicked ok last year, it was never an issue, saw him limping again towards the end of the game, hope it was minor.

Byso, there where plenty of proffesional footballers out there last night , not sure how many can kick goals.

Every post you make now seems to come with lack of substance apart from a smart arse remark. Is it the wrong time of the month for you or have you just not had much time at home alone with your cheergirl pics ?

No need to get cut Pepsi. Just pointing out that he's a professional player that kicks goals and not being able to bust eggs is hardly acceptable.

Since when have you applauded mediocrity?

since we have been mediocre enough to be leading the comp after 10 rounds, I wish we could be this mediocre more often.

I think it points out the fact that his leg is still 100% becasue he didn't have much "oommpphh" in his kick.

What it did do was give Jamie the kicking dutires for the rest of the season

Obviously he put his hand up to do the job, surely you aren't suggesting that Jamie is the only bloke that spends time practising goal kicking.

If he wasn't up to it Burns or Hicks should have kicked especially if he has a bad leg.

Im sure they all practice their goalkicking but kicking at practice is very different to getting kicks in during game time, kicking at practice is like batting in the nets or hitting golf balls at the driving range id be on the PGA tour if driving range form came into it.

And mayby with Ox and Lyon being recognised kickers Travis and Hicks dont bother ? who knows, but my initial point was , being our #2 kicker a few misses from the sideline should not cause the hyperventilation as it has with some. as simple as that.

Maybe so, but I'm sure Burns would be up to speed in kicking with some length and not kicking wider than Harmerson with his first ball delivery in the Ashes.

its the first time Orford has kicked "Badly" from my recollection, he did the job last year no dramas, its not like anyone knew he would miss three conversions.

Lyon missed far easier kicks against Parra, or isnt that an issue because he is not in Monaghans position ?

Im sure they all practice their goalkicking but kicking at practice is very different to getting kicks in during game time, kicking at practice is like batting in the nets or hitting golf balls at the driving range id be on the PGA tour if driving range form came into it.

And mayby with Ox and Lyon being recognised kickers Travis and Hicks dont bother ? who knows, but my initial point was , being our #2 kicker a few misses from the sideline should not cause the hyperventilation as it has with some. as simple as that.

agreed. And if we want to start picking fault with kickers I'd advise anyone to sit through an AFL game. They miss some bloody sitters which astounds me sometimes. It is usually the higher profile players that have the shockers as well, for example Matthew Richardson- not sure what's percentage of kicks he puts through the posts but it aint that high that's for sure- beats me why the clubs persist with them!

He kicked at 71% last year which is not good and is 3/8 this year.

I would be very suprised if travis couldnt kick more than 75%

I agree with you fluffy- I think Travis is a better kicker and would have preferred to see him kicking last night.

[quote author=Fluffy]

Every post you make now seems to come with lack of substance apart from a smart arse remark. Is it the wrong time of the month for you or have you just not had much time at home alone with your cheergirl pics ?
[/quote]

Wait, wait, wait - let me ---- ;)

its the first time Orford has kicked \"Badly\" from my recollection, he did the job last year no dramas, its not like anyone knew he would miss three conversions.

Lyon missed far easier kicks against Parra, or isnt that an issue because he is not in Monaghans position ?

Maybe this is why you support The Ox so much, I'm sure if Monas made the same mistakes we wouldn't here the end of it.

Don't be so closed minded, not everyone has to agree with you Little miss sunshine ;)

I would guess with the leg inury he had he wouldnt have done any goalkicking practice for a long period of time. Was a worry but not a huge deal, unless we miss a home semi by 4 pts :)

I thought Hicks was awful when he had the job

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4