Orford wins, you are kidding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 link said:
Let's all pray that Saint Matty brings home the bacon for all of us. 

Well we pretty much have to because he's our only real option at the moment! Hence the fact that some people WANT to support and show faith in him.

Hey lads....back from holidays. Smiths Lakes. Just awesome ! Dirty weekends always are.
The place we stayed at had Foxtel (thank goodness), and I reckon 1/2 of you may have heard me cheer when Matty won the Dally M player of the year !

People forget that Matty has had to go through mountains of 5/8's here at Manly. The one steady 5/8 we DID provide him was and is getting better all the time, but wasn't so crash hot to begin with.

A few people have touched in this already, but my thought's on Matty are this:- When he's on, he can tear the opposition apart by himself (we have seen it), but at other times he's really, really flat - and unfortunately, that seems to come in big games for him.

If you look at Andrew Johns (probably the benchmark in his time as much as I hate to say that !), his best game wasn't that far different from his worst. For some reason, anytime Matty has an opportunity to break into a rep side, or win a really important game, the opportunity may have gotten the better of him.

That said, and with COMPLETE bias on my behalf...I wouldn't swap him with any other player in the NRL (halfbacks).

Ryan = dykhed.  'Wouldn't swap him for any other player in the NRL'.  Thurston, Prince, Cronk spring quickly to mind.   

DSM5, did you catch Orford in bed with your wife or something??? Give it a rest mate, your constant ramblings about his deficiencies are getting tiresome.

He's the only option we have at half and a Dally M winning option at that. Apart from that in 3 yrs he's taken our team to 5th, a GF, and almost the minor premiership (and hopefully another GF). The facts speak for themselves.

No doubt he makes mistakes and goes missing in some games?  No one is saying he is the best of all time, or even the best in the comp. However he is Manly's captain and we should be proud of his achievements - not continually bag him.

In addition, over the last few weeks he has been asked to do it all himself and teams have (successfully) targeted him. Having Lyon back will hopefully help alleviate that...

DSM5 link said:
Only praise from here on in.

Well, dont be shy. Feel free to start right now.

An insight into the fine footballing qualities of our Ox........By DSM5 :

1)
237)

I'm just wondering who Nappa really is.

his reference to "constant ramblings" etc. leads me to think he might in fact be another poster playing with a 2nd login.

and Jatz I'll get the ball rolling

1) Can tackle better than Watmough.

Fro link said:

his reference to \"constant ramblings\" etc. leads me to think he might in fact be another poster playing with a 2nd login.

and Jatz I'll get the ball rolling

1) Can tackle better than Watmough.

Could it be Nutzcraw. Havent seen him around for a while. Hey Nutz you old rascal, where the bingle are ya ?

Good to hear DSM - sanity prevails!

In all seriousness, he's far from the perfect player, and no doubt there are better halfbacks out there (Thurston, Prince, and perhaps Cronk), but he's won us plenty of games and we wouldn't be in the position we are in if it weren't for him. Monaghan couldn't do it and no one else we have now (including L'Estrange) could either.

On top of that, we can't afford to buy one of the abovementioned halves so there's no point even talking about them anyway....

Fro link said:

his reference to \"constant ramblings\" etc. leads me to think he might in fact be another poster playing with a 2nd login.

Nappa posted a bit on DVS Matts Brookie site awhile back

and as for other Ox good points

3) His jumpers cost a lot less to make than George Rose's

it's a different Nappa

the one from the old site doesn't string a sentence together nearly as well.....He was Napper85 or something

DSM5 link said:
Ryan = dykhed.  'Wouldn't swap him for any other player in the NRL'.  Thurston, Prince, Cronk spring quickly to mind.   

It takes any 1/2 back a season to a season and a half to gel with their respective squads. Given what I believe to be Orford's strengths, and where our team is, I believe we would currently be (WITHIN the next two years) a chance to win the premiership.

We get, hell, I'd say Andrew Johns to prove the point I'm trying to make, I still don't reckon he could deliver a premiership within probably the next three years.

So yeah, right now I wouldn't swap Ox, the Dally M player of the year for any other 1/2 back in the competition.

As for your dickhead comment - you may be right - I hear dicks of various types are your forte. Enjoy.

the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Back To back Dally M's anybody???

he was a joke then, and we still havent got the punchline yet..

He's being paid eight thousand dollars per week! to deliver 80 minutes of pure ****e.  Go figure.

I couldn't then, and I can't now.

Contract negotiations should be cancelled after that effort.

Why can't he kick for touch like the kick that went over the dead ball line? 

Our attack is going too much sideways and not enough forward at the moment.  We miss beaver and his backing up becaus eno-one is doing ti at the moment.

Piss off orford and sign beaver next year.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6