Orford to sign for..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
hopefully Melbourne. He has been really bad over the last month.

If Monas played like this he would get absolutely smashed on these boards. Shame noone talks about Orford being in horrible form of late... :drunk:

I'd say Orford would be wishing he could play behind the 2 BKs, Menzies and Blue arsed too.

How good did Monaghan look when Donnely was his prop?

Some people will find a way to justify the unjustifiable. Obviously he’s not a $450k player. The Storm have many quality players around him. No excuses really.

btw Mata Donelly didn’t play so you'll have to find another reason to excuse another loss for the Messiah :lol:

If you listeded to the radio commentary Melbourne were playing the ref as well and he cost them 18 points to Penrith with diablocal decisions. Orford did well and played okay.

im with Mata, without opening up an old argument, behind our forward pack Orford would be awesome. Forget the games we have lost, if you just look at the games we won Monaghs still looked pretty pedestrian behind a pack that completely dominated. ie v dogs / roosters etc

If you listeded to the radio commentary Melbourne were playing the ref as well and he cost them 18 points to Penrith with diablocal decisions. Orford did well and played okay.

Obviously Not watching the same game as me , Storm were Robbed Twice with 2 terrible decisions
But Orford 5 out of Ten , He threw a Kimmorely Special to Campbell to finish the Game
There is no way I would pay more than 300k for Orford and if Billy Slater isnt the most over rated Footballer
Fair Dinkum this Bloke couldnt catch a Cold , Did Rhys Wesser teach him how to catch Bombs ?

Storm seem to excel at Finding ways to lose

im with Mata, without opening up an old argument, behind our forward pack Orford would be awesome. Forget the games we have lost, if you just look at the games we won Monaghs still looked pretty pedestrian behind a pack that completely dominated. ie v dogs / roosters etc

Ummm Didnt Mona's get Man of the Match against the Roosters ??

yep his kicking was outstanding as was his defence, hes a good leader. I must also say that his man of the match award wasnt a view shared by many commentators, but thats not really the issue,

Stats also suggest he didnt create one line break and the week before he only created one against the panthers who we completely dominated. thats worries me from the point of view of trying to win a premiership and considering these where games where our forwards gave him plenty of opportunities.

There was one 15 minute session against the dogs early in second half where we litrally camped in the dogs quarter to the extent that , that part of the field was going to become part of the peninisular! we had all the ball yet we crabbed, funbled, stuffed around and didnt look like scoring. Any of the top ten halves in the comp would have found us a try.
Basically he plays like an outstanding hooker.

Tough, great defence, good short and inside passing game, solid kicking game without being outstanding.

with the backs melbourne have monahan would be awsome. No doubt about it. they actually run at holes as opposed to ours who run at the defender. Orford also has the luxury of having a genuine 5/8th outside him, monas unfortunatly has not.

Honestly there is no way you can justify his 450K+ price tag. Thats the money you pay for origin/internationals - orford isnt deemed fit to play either, at 27.

And dont bring out the blaming the ref crap - if he was good enough to make an impact and turn the game against penrith like another hlaf back who is a much better leader the he would have.

Please explain to me why the excuses out up for orford are the same ones that were shot down for monas.

Give it up - he is obviously not the messiah

great comment fluffyl

Honestly there is no way you can justify his 450K+ price tag. Thats the money you pay for origin/internationals - orford isnt deemed fit to play either, at 27.

and also pepsi, witt hasnt shown anything as a 5/8 excpet kicking the ball

keep the cash 4 an international, orford isnt worth that much

if it was lockyer anasta id say yes

In the last week I've read several articles how REAL half backs were slighted by the selection of Barrett at Number 7.

Orford's name was mentioned in every list. Funnily, I didn't see Monaghan mentioned once.

At $240k he's the cheapest half back in the comp. Go figure :roll:

And for those that can't read between the lines - yes, I am saying you pay peanuts and you get a monkey.

How many times are we going to have this futile, ridiculous argument.

Mata, dont you have some cows to Milk??

with the backs melbourne have monahan would be awsome. No doubt about it. they actually run at holes as opposed to ours who run at the defender. Orford also has the luxury of having a genuine 5/8th outside him, monas unfortunatly has not.

And dont bring out the blaming the ref crap - if he was good enough to make an impact and turn the game against penrith like another hlaf back who is a much better leader the he would have.

Please explain to me why the excuses out up for orford are the same ones that were shot down for monas.

Give it up - he is obviously not the messiah

Fluff, 100% correct re Orford and the melbourne backs, there is no question that they are pretty awesome.

in regards to the ref, can i remind you of one of your most memorable posts titled...

"who knows the email where we can write in and abuse the ref!" mmmm good to see we are not blaming refs around here !! hehehehe :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

In the last week I've read several articles how REAL half backs were slighted by the selection of Barrett at Number 7.

Orford's name was mentioned in every list. Funnily, I didn't see Monaghan mentioned once.

At $240k he's the cheapest half back in the comp. Go figure :roll:

and you pay over the odds you get a Kimmorley from the Northern Eagles saga.

So what if hes 'mentioned' in every list. By who? some dud journalists? Did he get picked? no.. as far as im concerned Orford should be on 300 max.

450? haha right...

Orford better behind a good pack? Probably... but he would also struggle to create anything with our backline.

You always say he would be better with a good forward pack but if Monas had Melbournes backline he may set up a 'line break' or two... Simple fact is we dont have any linebreakers in this side.

I think he is worth up to 350K but i cant see us getting him for under 450K.

I would prefer that extra money to be spent on a superstar centre and sure we will get better value for the dollar.

Mata do you think monas is cheaper than Mick moran at souths or is Joe Williams a 300K PL player

something else i find odd.. is that people can stick up for Orfords bad performances because of a lack of forwards...yet Monas gets slammed when BK Beaver Hecks and Lulu are all out....

Clontaago, do you have an English class to attend?

Did I begin or extend the argument?

A agree that it is futile for you fools to see reason beyond sentiment.

2 trys
2 assists
4 line breaks
1 try saving tackle

Not a whisper tonight.. ill sleep easier tonight

can someone explain what an assist is because i didnt see monas assist any of them,i'm not bagging him i thought he was ok but i just wouldnt mind knowing which were the ssists so i can comprehend what an assist is.gee that was a mouthful.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2