Orford knockers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
this is off the roosters forum website.....

I bumped into Noel Cleal a couple of weeks ago...I said something along those lines about the loss of BK and his drive etc etc...but Cleal said it was a bit of a negative with BK as well before because he took so much ball all the time and restricted the amount of ball Orford and the backs got...Orford should have had more possession...they will be going that way this year..giving Orford and Lyons more possession...they've got heaps of speed in their backline ...packs not bad either...

I dont think crusher meant it in a bad way of what he said about BK........ just that he how he feels about Orford this season

it was a bit of a negative with BK as well before because he took so much ball all the time

This is why I don't think the loss of BK is as fatal as a lot of people believe.

BK because of his rep & work ethic would have recieved more ball than the other forwards and in many cases over called them.

Hopefully the forwards willl now recieve a more even amount of possession so that the workload is shared.

[quote author=DUFFMAN]
it was a bit of a negative with BK as well before because he took so much ball all the time

This is why I don't think the loss of BK is as fatal as a lot of people believe.

BK because of his rep & work ethic would have recieved more ball than the other forwards and in many cases over called them.

Hopefully the forwards willl now recieve a more even amount of possession so that the workload is shared.

[/quote]

Definately the case. during the loss to the Broncos I was sitting on the benches next to the fence and he was pushing players out of the way to take hit ups.

I can think of one forward who would be dreading getting more ball time.

Does this mean that we will see the real jason king stand up this year? No injuries and no Bk means that he has run out of excuses for lack of metres (forward) and hit ups.

I have heard that some of the players share this view as well however some maybe badly exposed if BK isn't there to take the heat for them.

there were many times that BK2 and JK started their run only for the ball to goto BK last year, if he wasnt as good as he was he would only be remembered as a hog.

im sure the pack can take 1 more hit up each this year - and willo's bench position can play for more than 15 minutes taking up the time on the field.

also i cant wait for the OX and cliffy to play together

- and willo's bench position can play for more than 15 minutes taking up the time on the field.

I agree but as long as it ain't willo I will be happy !pray:

Guys, as much as I loved BK, it is my honest opinion that he was no way near as good in 2006 as he was in 2005, especially on offense. In 2005 he was breaking tackles and offloading at will, last year it just wasn't the same. We can cover for him if each forward takes it upon themself to be just as aggressive and enthusiastic as BK was - that's where the genius of the man lay last year. I think Choc in particular is gonna have a mega year this year.

Guys, as much as I loved BK, it is my honest opinion that he was no way near as good in 2006 as he was in 2005, especially on offense. In 2005 he was breaking tackles and offloading at will, last year it just wasn't the same. We can cover for him if each forward takes it upon themself to be just as aggressive and enthusiastic as BK was - that's where the genius of the man lay last year. I think Choc in particular is gonna have a mega year this year.

Unfpotunately I expect that you will saying the same thing at the end of the year about Beaver - that his 2007 form wasn't as good as his 2006. Hope I am wrong but all the talk is at the moment is that he is struggling.

Not sure about Choc in 2007. My spies tell me that he has been seen in the offseason at harbord chicken shop several times chain smoking while talking to the owner. Not the best preparation for the new season I would think

Tookey - I have seen Choc out with his kids and missus @ Narrabeen around December. The bloke looked like a pro wrestler !!!Nobody should have shoulders that wide !!! Additionally, for the few hours he was there, not one cigarette? I personally don't believe he smokes. You see him having beers after the games in the smoke infested Leagues Club, and he doesn't there either.

Definitely looked fitter than I have ever seen him.

[quote author=DUFFMAN]

[/quote]

Yippeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Now King can be pushed backwards for 5 metres 10 times every game rather than the current 5.

In all truth, I worry about Jason King this year. Honestly - is he up to 1st grade standard? If not, then who takes his place? Glenn Hall? Phil Moorwood? Additionally, we often have two props out injured throughout the season. That means Rose / Hall / Bryant / Moorwood will all get lots of game time. Espescially around SOO with Kite out.

It's a shame that $$$ being spent on players could not have been spent in a more appropriate way.

Imagine a Hooker like Ballin on $70k. That's an extra $150k into a front line prop !!!

It's a shame that $$$ being spent on players could not have been spent in a more appropriate way.

Imagine a Hooker like Ballin on $70k. That's an extra $150k into a front line prop !!!

Imagine if we hadn't paid orford so much we could have probably bought 2 props and 2 backrowers. Orford should play like Lewis/meninga/webke/johns in one to justify his salary. We paid way too much for him unless he can win us a GF.

Don't forget Sione alphabet as a potential fg front rower. Couldn't be any worse than JK.

[quote author=Ryan]

Imagine if we hadn't paid orford so much we could have probably bought 2 props and 2 backrowers.

Don't forget Sione alphabet as a potential fg front rower. Couldn't be any worse than JK.
[/quote]

Every cruise ship needs a working motor. He is ours.
Monnas unfortunately isn't that important to our chances.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4