Orford knockers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would have, could have, should have. The deal has been done with Monas, no point dwelling on it, things wont be changing no matter how much we whinge and moan about it.

All of this has been debated right here before. One of the wiser posts indicated that while we have paid more than we should for Orford & Monas, this club was rebuilding & needed to make some major signings to ensure we lifted our success quickly. Major signings also helps attract future major signings. We had to do something to pull us out of the bad era and we have done that remarkably more successfully than teams such as Souths.

The fact is we have talent coming through in the very near future in the key positions of 7 & 9. Once Groom and Ballin are established in 1st grade and we are out from under the higher costs of the incumbents, there will obviously be a freeing up of cash for other areas. Its fairly cyclical and is juggled by clubs via the staggered annual payments to players. Orford is a case in point.

Good post jatz, from memory orford is on approx 550K this year and next and his final year is 350K or so.

We also have a PL side this year with plenty or new players stepping up from Flegg such as groom, trembath, key, offerdahl and grieves

We also probably paid more for Orford so that we could also get Bell, the talk at the time was that they were a package deal which would have given Ox more leverage

Would have, could have, should have. The deal has been done with Monas, no point dwelling on it, things wont be changing no matter how much we whinge and moan about it.

Incorrect Garts. I bet things WILL be changing, and directly with what is being discussed in this thread. I Gtee Monaghan won't be an Eagle come 2009 (or he will be disastrously reduced in contract price). Call it an inkling. In fact, as we have missed out on other big name players like Creagh and co., I wouldn't be surprised to see Monaghan's contract frontloaded, to release him 2008. That would free up ANOTHER $150k (for props for example), and Ballin could cement his spot with Burns on the bench.

[quote author=Garts]

Incorrect Garts. I bet things WILL be changing, and directly with what is being discussed in this thread. I Gtee Monaghan won't be an Eagle come 2009 (or he will be disastrously reduced in contract price). Call it an inkling. In fact, as we have missed out on other big name players like Creagh and co., I wouldn't be surprised to see Monaghan's contract frontloaded, to release him 2008. That would free up ANOTHER $150k (for props for example), and Ballin could cement his spot with Burns on the bench.
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: Yes come 2009, when his contract expires. But at the moment he is with us for the bargain price of $240k.

You were saying we could have Ballin on $70k with another $150k to spend on other players, ie forwards for this year. No point going on about what could have been.

does anyone else find the post title amusing?

People are talking about Ballin like he is Danny Buderus.......but as of this moment he is unproven

Sure he could be great but alot of people on Manly forum's thought the following youngsters would be superstars

Sam Murphy
Tony Jenson
Malangi Styles (had as many wraps as Groom does)
Luke Dorn
Alex Moore

and probably 10 more im forgetting

There are some name on that list I don't want to hear again - too may bad memories - particulary Murphy & Dorn.

true......we just needed "orford's Knockers" to make it even better

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4