Open your eyes, ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
THEY’VE been in the Manly Daily, a bunch of major metropolitan newspapers, heck they’re even on the internet - but Sports Minister Graham Annesley says he still hasn’t seen any plans for the redevelopment of Brookvale Park.

Read the full article

Still haven't got over that try he gave the Broncos' Kerrod Walters at Lang Park against Manly. When was that? About 1993 or something? The ball must have been dropped about 1 metre. Was it Toovey or Matt Dunford that blew up? Can't remember if we still won. Probably not.

Brissie Kid said:
Still haven't got over that try he gave the Broncos' Kerrod Walters at Lang Park against Manly. When was that? About 1993 or something? The ball must have been dropped about 1 metre. Was it Toovey or Matt Dunford that blew up? Can't remember if we still won. Probably not.

We lost. The Walters "try" won it for them.

Hardly surprising the Brookvake plans don't seem to have made their way to the appropriate place. Management have been putting out fires elsewhere.

Hand over the site to the state government? Never heard of that one before. Quite interesting, least of all it would help get rid of that annoying Kirsch lady

ManlyBacker said:
Sports Minister Graham Annesley says he still hasn’t seen any plans for the redevelopment of Brookvale Park.

If this little black duck was the COO I would read that as the perfect opportunity to pick up the phone and make an appointment.

We cant have the Minister being not up to speed with important issues relating to his portfolio, now can we.

eggson, that has been the preferred option for the club for the last couple of years. Turn the oval into a Trust similar to the Cricket Ground. Then the State Govt has to be involved. The redevelopment is just to expensive for a cash strapped tinpot local council.

I'm not to good at ranting but I feel the council should be ashamed of itself. If they don't want Brookie upgraded get of there sorry butts and look at allocating a suitable site that won't effect the poor hard done-by locals a dozen times a year.

I don't want to apportion blame on the club in this instance, but this whole debacle only serves to make us look like amateurs.

Surely between the state and local governments something could be sorted out.

If we have plans and options costed forward them to the relevant authorities for goodness sake. You can't expect them to fish through local papers to find them.

I understand this council came tripping over themselves to provide a ground for the sea eagles back in the forties which proved a great initiative, great benefit to the shire, one like me must wonder what has changed? i think this current council takes for granted or doesn't realize the benefit of such a gem as a nrl ground in their neighborhood. check Townsville V,s Cairns.

Seeing as though Warringah Council lacks the guts to make anything even remotely resembling a decision on Brookvale OVAL (I hate "Park"), it probably is best that they offload it to the state government. However, if that really is the preferred option, they might want to let said state government in on the plan. The only certainty is that they'll do their best to stuff it up.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6