One win from second place

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
F2148336-39EB-43ED-A7D3-ACB781FFE05D.jpeg
Loving this

So proud of the boys who would have thought !!!

We have a very tough run home Out of our next 9 games 7 are against top 8 teams !!
Souths (3)
Eels (7)
Storm (1)
Knights (6)
Warriors (11)
Tigers (9)
Raiders (4)
Storm (1)
Eels (7)

If they are going to be good enough then this isn’t a concern!!

6/9, no worries !!

We have a very tough run home Out of our next 9 games 7 are against top 8 teams !!
Souths (3)
Eels (7)
Storm (1)
Knights (6)
Warriors (11)
Tigers (9)
Raiders (4)
Storm (1)
Eels (7)
So far we have only lost to one of the sides in the 8 and beaten 4 others. We can beat any of those sides on our day. As an aside I go into every year believing we can make the 8 and expecting to play finals footy. Top 4 however I probably thought would be a reach.

Several astute judges said before a ball was kicked this year ... (check pre season predictions) ... that any thing less than 6th would be a fail ....

Having said that ... anything better than 6th is a massive effort from Dessie, his team and the boys .... and can only be considered a victory .... certainly setting themselves up .... given a couple of astute imports .... for a genuine crack at the title over the next few years ....

Hardest decision for mine will be the way Dessie balances the future "potential" impact of players such as Hoppa Schuster, Burbo, Guacamole et al over say the next 3 years .... and the immediate impact of importing a couple of current stars ... the salary cap is only so big .... and hard decisions are going to have to be made ....

But we live in interesting times ... Go Manly!

We sure do .... Go Woodside !

Souths (3)
Eels (7)
Storm (1)
Knights (6)
Warriors (11)
Tigers (9)
Raiders (4)
Storm (1)
Eels (7)

Nothing is a certainty but of the 5 teams in that list who we've already played this season, we've beaten 4 of them.

Of those 4, we beat 3 of them (Knights, Warriors & Raiders) quite handily so hopefully we'll bear them again & also square the ledger against the Tigers.

We also have lost to 4 of the teams in the bottom 6 so as good as it's been I still want to see how we handle the next 3 games. Still a long way to go before getting too excited but we're well in the game this year. Defense wins finals games and I think we have a team capable of playing finals type defense.

Souths (3)
Eels (7)
Storm (1)
Knights (6)
Warriors (11)
Tigers (9)
Raiders (4)
Storm (1)
Eels (7)
We’ve already beaten Souths, Knights, Warriors & Raiders! If we beat them again, which I think we will, that puts us on 28 points! I think we can beat the Eels & Tigers & jag a win against the Storm......my prediction is we finish on 36 points!

A bit of a long shot but if things fall our way then we could win the competition this year. It would help a lot if Walker could somehow regain anything close to his career best form. A backline with DCE, Tommy and Dylan firing would really enable us to trouble even the best sides

I could be wrong, but if memory serves me correct, those who were banging on about anything less than a sixth place finish being considered a failure were the Barrett sympathisers.

In other words, setting the parameters of what is deemed to be a successful season by upholding super coach’s 2017 finish. However, most on here were still haunted by last season’s effort of coming oh so close to collecting our first wooden spoon.

The train wreck of 2016 may have also formed part of their thinking as well.

Again .. that is 19 out of your last 20 posts that you have brought up Baz ..... Not everything is about barrett .... surely time to grow up and let go .... you are taking obsessional numbnuttery to an all new level ...

When Des signed I was dreaming of finishing in the 8 but never imagined we were a chance at the 4. Anything can happen from this point fingers crossed. We are still not guaranteed a spot in the top 8 yet there is still a lot of hard work to be done! Go Manly!

When Des signed I was dreaming of finishing in the 8 but never imagined we were a chance at the 4. Anything can happen from this point fingers crossed. We are still not guaranteed a spot in the top 8 yet there is still a lot of hard work to be done! Go Manly!
It really is amazing the way in which great coaches can impact a teams performance. It has been a great year thus far.

I love the way Des builds into a season. After our opening two games, we have gone 9 wins and 4 losses. Super effort all round.

I had us anywhere from 5th to 12th to start the the season and I think that still rings true

We have a tough run home and that 4 point break to 9th is vitally important.

Again .. that is 19 out of your last 20 posts that you have brought up Baz ..... Not everything is about barrett .... surely time to grow up and let go .... you are taking obsessional numbnuttery to an all new level ...
Des is clearly a superior coach but to me is obvious that the club as a whole has made huge improvements this season. The place was a rabble last year; with nothing but negative news stories, players who threw the towel in whenever it got tough and constant off field drama.
Des had a big part to play in this but full credit to the Penn's and the club as a whole for accepting they made mistakes, listening to the fans and getting us back to the heart of Manly. It's easy to scapegoat a single person but the problems last year were far bigger that. Thankfully the club has moved on - it's time we do to!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8