One win from second place

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Screenshot_20190706-160345_Watch NRL.jpg
Take it in boys and girls.

One win from second place not taking into account the for and against after 15 rounds.

How many of us predicted this. Des you are a dead set manly Legend.

Several astute judges said before a ball was kicked this year ... (check pre season predictions) ... that any thing less than 6th would be a fail ....

Having said that ... anything better than 6th is a massive effort from Dessie, his team and the boys .... and can only be considered a victory .... certainly setting themselves up .... given a couple of astute imports .... for a genuine crack at the title over the next few years ....

Hardest decision for mine will be the way Dessie balances the future "potential" impact of players such as Hoppa Schuster, Burbo, Guacamole et al over say the next 3 years .... and the immediate impact of importing a couple of current stars ... the salary cap is only so big .... and hard decisions are going to have to be made ....

But we live in interesting times ... Go Manly!

I don't have expectations of Manly winning the comp this year, but maybe Des does? In one interview, he was asked if this was a rebuilding year and he said no, he is here to win. He also mentions top 4, not top 8. He is concerned about for & against and apparently wasn't happy when a couple of second half tries were let in last week. To my understanding, he believes if the team plays to their potential, it is possible to beat every side. In the next three weeks, we play Souths (away), Eels (home) and Storm (away). This should be a good indication of how we may fare in finals games. I prefer the mind frame of winning every single game rather than aiming for a finals cut off number of wins which I consider a somewhat defeatist attitude. It was alarming last year to hear both our coach & players talking about cut off number of wins. By the way, last year teams 5-8 were on 32 points and teams 1-4 were on 34 points - don't think it will pan out exactly the same this year...

Last edited:
I had strong belief that we could make the top 4 this year long before the season started. The team was already good on paper and once Des worked his magic with it, we were always heading in the right direction.
Anything is possible, stay injury free and keep playing the way they are they can beat any team, anywhere. #9 is a possibility!

Manly have been through a period when the teams they played tended to be below them. In the next two months most of the teams they will be playing will be equal to or above Manly. It will be a tough period and I still think at this stage that 6th to 8th will be an excellent finish. But who knows. With most of Manly's top side back, if injuries don't hinder, they could be much further up the table. Fingers crossed.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8