One ref again to save millions?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll say yes...but I have no idea what you are talking about.

Have you ever seen a yowie? The most sightings in Australia come out of NSW. That's odd, hey?

@globaleagle ... the views and opinions of the poster known as Mozzie do not reflect nor are they approved by the writer ... his inability to stick to the task at hand was identified early as witnessed by the number of times Mrs, Willyflogger penned easily distracted on his report cards in year 4 ...

@globaleagle ... the views and opinions of the poster known as Mozzie do not reflect nor are they approved by the writer ... his inability to stick to the task at hand was identified early as witnessed by the number of times Mrs, Willyflogger penned easily distracted on his report cards in year 4 ...

Jeez you're a dobber! Your not a bloody touchie anymore!!

I saw Marcel perform some years ago. People... well sitcoms and comedians make fun of mimes but this guy was amazing.

That's all.

~moonwalks off stage right while battling a strong wind~

I saw Marcel Marceau perform at the Adelaide Festival Centre in 1989. You're right, he was amazing.

Bill Harrigan and NRL head of football Graham Annesley both backed the current group of NRL officials to handle the increased strain of a one-referee system after an advisory group commissioned by the code said it was a mistake to ditch the two-whistleblower model.

Some of the sharpest minds in the game, including Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson and Wests Tigers counterpart Michael Maguire, Canberra boss Don Furner and Manly skipper Daly Cherry-Evans shared a phone hook-up with the NRL to discuss the merits of a one-referee model.

Not even sure what the reasoning was for introducing the two ref arrangement but can not see how going back to one is going to have any particular negative effect . Can only see how it goes and with the expectation that any ref who is appointed for a solo role takes it entirely seriously and with complete professionalism .

Not even sure what the reasoning was for introducing the two ref arrangement but can not see how going back to one is going to have any particular negative effect . Can only see how it goes and with the expectation that any ref who is appointed for a solo role takes it entirely seriously and with complete professionalism .

In the article hollywood said the introduction wasn't to fix the ruck but to make it so the refs weren't too tired towards the end of the game so that mistakes wouldn't be made.

Harrigan said the only reason the two-referees model was introduced was to give whistleblowers a breather late in the game - but they were more than able to handle the pace of flying solo.

"I heard some people say over the weekend the reason the two refs were brought in was to police the ruck. That's completely false,'' Harrigan said.
"Two refs were brought in to reduce the fatigue on the [lead] referee, so when it got towards the back end of the game he was not fatigued and making mistakes.

In the article hollywood said the introduction wasn't to fix the ruck but to make it so the refs weren't too tired towards the end of the game so that mistakes wouldn't be made.

Harrigan said the only reason the two-referees model was introduced was to give whistleblowers a breather late in the game - but they were more than able to handle the pace of flying solo.

"I heard some people say over the weekend the reason the two refs were brought in was to police the ruck. That's completely false,'' Harrigan said.
"Two refs were brought in to reduce the fatigue on the [lead] referee, so when it got towards the back end of the game he was not fatigued and making mistakes.
Only watch the occasional English super league matches and not quite the same intensity of the average N R L games but get the impression that the one ref system there allows for or contributes to a more open and free lowing game there . Probably could suit Manly "s general style of play with one ref and with their share of good attacking and mobile playing personal .Does not seem to be any particular issue with the one ref arrangement in international contests .

Only watch the occasional English super league matches and not quite the same intensity of the average N R L games but get the impression that the one ref system there allows for or contributes to a more open and free lowing game there . Probably could suit Manly "s general style of play with one ref and with their share of good attacking and mobile playing personal .Does not seem to be any particular issue with the one ref arrangement in international contests .

I've haven't watched as much as many... but it seems as if the players are also more inclined just to get on with it. No bleating at the refs for minutes on end. I've said before...it's like if the ball player isn't perfectly straight on, the refs don't care. You almost have to be at 50 or more degrees before the ref uses the whistle. Refs being less whistle-ho may be a good thing as well.

It seems players are coached here to push every envelope possible, but the SL- players are coached to play footy. (over-simplification but I hope you know what I mean)

One ref naturally will miss more crap in the tackle, or even in back play, so they really would need the MRC to step up big-time. If they don't it will fairly quickly become a free-for-all.
(Hey can you let your bro know @The better Robbo )
:)
Just need to get Mozgrame as the touch judge appointee for some adequate rule enforcement and to compliment a one ref format . Problem solved ..

The unfortunate thing for the refs has been the continual changing of rules. Every code has changes from time to time but rugby league seems do it like it's expected. It must be hard for the refs to fall back on instinct in split second decisions. I would expect this to also impact on their confidence to some degree.

The referees should not be permitted to decide what the correct interpretation of the rules is. This is a matter for the commission with due process and systems done during the off season and not mid season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4