• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is yet another year ruined by injury. DCE seems to have lost his way. We have a serious lack of speed so we can’t compete with most other teams in the new, more free-flowing game..

BUT we already have 4 wins and we only need a couple more to be well clear of the spoon. Tommy, Dylan and AFB will come back. Cust is gaining experience and getting better game by game so in a couple of weeks we should have a play maker who is a genuine threat. We have some young, skilled, fast players coming through. All up things could be a lot worse.

We’ll bounce back , we always do but I fear we are in for some mighty hammerings before we get to rock bottom.

The next three games are going to be very VERY ugly.

I expect to see maybe 150 scored against us , with maybe a consolation try per game for us when they’ve given up.

That will then be rock bottom.

Sorry but we aren’t there yet.

I think one positive from that loss may be to wake up Des and some of the supporters on this site to what most of us have been saying for weeks: we may at last get some new blood into the 17.
Surely they have realised the strategy of withholding our young talent in favour of proven mediocrity has failed.
We have nothing to lose by blooding Schuster, Guaca, Saddler (and possibly Hoppa Jnr) because our current selections are not going to succeed.

I think one positive from that loss may be to wake up Des and some of the supporters on this site to what most of us have been saying for weeks: we may at last get some new blood into the 17.
Surely they have realised the strategy of withholding our young talent in favour of proven mediocrity has failed.
We have nothing to lose by blooding Schuster, Guaca, Saddler (and possibly Hoppa Jnr) because our current selections are not going to succeed.

I’ve certainly been intrigued as to why Haumole isn’t getting a slot in the 17 - Very impressed with him at the back end of last year.
The other positive, not from last night but in general, is that most other sides around the bottom of the 8 are strugglers as well. Add to that Canberra who may really come back to the field with the injury list.
As I said elsewhere we have a good run into the last month of the regular season, just depends how far we are off the 8 at that point.

Des is stubborn so I too expect more pain before change. IMO Turbo's early performances masked our deficiencies in attack in the early rounds, and his absence has revealed a great deal. Talk about a season nose dive, we are now talking about having enough points to avoid the spoon. I am a DCE fan but he is really in a deep hole form wise at the moment.

At the end of the day we have to face no matter who is in what position this group of players are not up to performing like first graders wrk in week out They are SOFT. I don’t blame Des as he’s working with an inferior team Sad but true. Soft forwards Slow backs

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4