One more win...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des has turned the club around and restored pride in the jersey.

He’s taken some previously unknown players and turned them into really solid players and the belief is infectious.

That’s what a great coach does.

Was speaking to the players after the game and they suspect Chez will play next week? Walker said he was missing match fitness and said the game blew out the cobwebs and reckons he'll be much better next week. TT back the week after, I think we will be higher on the ladder than most anticipated this year.

Wow that's crazy just how bad we were last year. We were so lucky to play in a comp with the bottom dwellers otherwise that spoon was ours.

I'm stoked at the moment. Sitting in 5th with a plethora of injuries when we finished 15th last year.

Once we get DCE and TT back on the park we might be a top 4 side.

Was speaking to the players after the game and they suspect Chez will play next week? Walker said he was missing match fitness and said the game blew out the cobwebs and reckons he'll be much better next week. TT back the week after, I think we will be higher on the ladder than most anticipated this year.

I hope were not rushing him back so kevvy can have him back for SOO. I know DCE wants to play origin.... But screw QLD.

Yeah walker looked flat, I assumed he needed to get a game or 2 on the belt, not just for his fitness, but his confidence.

He had a better 2nd half with a few good runs and a try. Hope he carves up tht titans next week and a brekky crowd might be the motivation he needs.

I picked us to finish about 14th!!

**** **** **** bugger!!

Their defence and belief in themselves is the big difference. Winning does become a habit, and to be able to overcome a one-sided refereering display like today and a host of injuries shows how much of a team they have become.
On paper we don't look like a top eight team, and without our two best attacking players (DCE and Turbo) we've had to rely on our forwards to dominate. And they have done just that. Having two hookers is fantastic because between them they do 50+ tackles a match and are fresher to make breaks. I'd rate our forward pack as the equal of Easts and Souths.
Our 'no-name' backs are playing far better than any of us could have hoped. Elliot, Loaf, Ginge, Miski and now Cust have done us proud.
LG has been good, but no better than I thought he'd be. Suli has also improved, and may not be able to force his way back into First Grade unless there are more injuries. Jorge has been safer than the Federal seat of Warringah....
Now it's up to the Doorman to get quickly up to speed.
When DCE and Turbo come back our 'no names' will have had NRL experience and be great foils to our attacking weapons.
If we can get a fair run with injuries then we'll give the current runaway leaders a real fight for the premiership.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8