One Man was in Charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eagles2nv said:
It would be interesting to see how much this is being driven by the Europol investigation into european soccer leagues and the asian crime syndicate.

Its not just Aus going through a scandal at the moment.

This is being driven by the Govt. The timing is impeccable and convenient.
I'll bet both testicles that the Fed Govt threatened to withdraw funding to all the sports unless the CEO's came together as a show of unity to rid drugs and corruption from Aussie sport.

I'll say it again, where is the Crime Commission when it comes to investigating widespread Union fraud and why haven't Labor demanded such an investigation be launched?

WAMF said:
Eagles2nv said:
It would be interesting to see how much this is being driven by the Europol investigation into european soccer leagues and the asian crime syndicate.

I'll bet both testicles that the Fed Govt threatened to withdraw funding to all the sports unless the CEO's came together as a show of unity to rid drugs and corruption from Aussie sport.

I'll say it again, where is the Crime Commission when it comes to investigating widespread Union fraud and why haven't Labor demanded such an investigation be launched?

Stop turning this into a political thread. We all know you're a bleeding conservative who dislikes anything to do with the trade union movement. These are findings of a years' worth of research. I think you're prejudice is getting in the way of the evidence presented here.

And as far as I know (and this is completely off topic) but there is no evidence at all to suggest that there is "widespread Union fraud." The HSU is a lone matter, and believe me, every institution in this country is looking into that matter very meticulously. And please don't bring up AWU and Gillard (that was 17 years' ago - and nobody in that time has been able to find any criminal activity by the PM).

simon_eagle said:
WAMF said:
Eagles2nv said:

Stop turning this into a political thread. We all know you're a bleeding conservative who dislikes anything to do with the trade union movement. These are findings of a years' worth of research. I think you're prejudice is getting in the way of the evidence presented here.

And as far as I know (and this is completely off topic) but there is no evidence at all to suggest that there is "widespread Union fraud." The HSU is a lone matter, and believe me, every institution in this country is looking into that matter very meticulously. And please don't bring up AWU and Gillard (that was 17 years' ago - and nobody in that time has been able to find any criminal activity by the PM).

Is that you, Albo?
You do of course realise that Ms Gillard is presently under Police investigation? Don't you?
Why, because her answers and recollections don't appear to ad up. That's not even taking into account that fact she refuses to answer questions relating to her involvement in the scandal, in Parliament.

Forums are for opinions. You don't like it, don't read it.
There is more to this story than drugs in sport.
If you can't see that, little wonder you think Union corruption is under full control and far from being widespread.

WAMF said:
simon_eagle said:
WAMF said:
Eagles2nv said:

Is that you, Albo?
You do of course realise that Ms Gillard is presently under Police investigation? Don't you?
Why, because her answers and recollections don't appear to ad up. That's not even taking into account that fact she refuses to answer questions relating to her involvement in the scandal, in Parliament.

There is more to this story than drugs in sport.
If you can't see that, little wonder you think Union corruption is under full control and far from being widespread.

I would have thought that two hour-long press conferences were enough. She asked questions until the journo's were blue in the face. If nothing has come out in 17 years', I would be surprised if anything was to come out now. Stop scare mongering. And yes, I understand why you believe she might be refusing to answer the very same questions raised in the press conference in Parliament, i.e. lying in Parliament. But maybe, just maybe, she has nothing to hide, and maybe, just maybe she believes Parliament has more relevance than merely answering questions of hearsay and innuendo almost two decades after an event. But, maybe not? Discussing the AWB oil for food scandal in Parliament is perhaps more pertinent? Don't you agree? At least then we can be discussing facts and evidence of corruption.

WAMF said:

Start your very own political thread then. Don't bring in your slanderers and bullying opinions onto a thread about the Manly Sea Eagles, which, if truth be told, has no relevance whatsoever.

simon_eagle said:
Start your very own political thread then. Don't bring in your slanderers and bullying opinions onto a thread about the Manly Sea Eagles, which, if truth be told, has no relevance whatsoever.

Albo, no need to get personal just because you don't like what's being said. I'm not bullying anyone. If you think I am, report me to Daniel or one of the other mods.

WAMF said:
Eagles2nv said:

Unfortunately, I don't think that Union Fraud would fall under the ACC unless there was money laundering going on.

WAMF said:
simon_eagle said:

Albo, no need to get personal just because you don't like what's being said. I'm not bullying anyone. If you think I am, report me to Daniel or one of the other mods.

Simon_eagle has a point. This has no relevance to the topic whatsoever. There are other parts of the forum where you can do this. Keep on topic please.

MWSE said:
Simon_eagle has a point. This has no relevance to the topic whatsoever. There are other parts of the forum where you can do this. Keep on topic please.

I agree - should be in the Soapbox forum.

I think it's on topic. The thread title is 'One Man was In Charge'. That man is Gillard and he, unfortunately, is PM.

bones said:
I think it's on topic. The thread title is 'One Man was In Charge'. That man is Gillard and he, unfortunately, is PM.

Ah, so that's the real Julia. I was wondering when he was going to turn up.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6