Once Drugcastle, still Drugcastle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Seriously how many knights have been caught over the years?

Full article:

Former Newcastle Knights star Jarrod Mullen has been sentenced to 300 hours of community service for supplying cocaine in 2018.

Key points:
  • The magistrate attributed Mullen's rehabilitation efforts when giving him a three-year community corrections order instead of a custodial sentence
  • Mullen's lawyer said the ex-NRL star has addressed his ADHD, depression and anxiety which were underlying his drug addiction
  • In December 2019 Mullen pleaded guilty to supplying cocaine

The 32-year-old pleaded guilty last December in Newcastle Local Court to one count of supplying cocaine.

He admitted that his life had spiralled out of control after his career ended, and that he started using cocaine on a daily basis.

Mullen faced Wollongong Local Court supported by his family and pregnant wife, who is expecting their first child next week.

Magistrate Jillian Kiely expressed concern about the level of Mullen's drug use and referred to an overdose in December 2018 where he was found unconscious on his parents' couch after using drugs over a three-day period.

The crown prosecutor indicated the 39 grams of cocaine, which was purchased by Mullen over a seven-day period, is 13 times the trafficable quantity.

Magistrate Kiely pointed to Mullen's rehabilitation efforts, including attending Narcotics Anonymous meetings and regularly seeing a psychologist, in sparing him a custodial sentence.

He was handed a three-year community corrections order that will require him to carry out 300 hours of community service.

Former Newcastle Knights star Jarrod Mullen has been sentenced to 300 hours of community service for supplying cocaine in 2018.

He was handed a three-year community corrections order that will require him to carry out 300 hours of community service.

I want to hate on him, but I can’t. My own experiences have led me crossing paths with several NRL players in therapy. The talks Ive had with them (and their spouses), has lead me to the conclusion.....every one deserves a second chance, and sometimes a third if they’re doing their best to be the best person they can be.
I hope he does come back as an example of when massive expectations are expected of you. And you can’t deliver.It may seem it at the time, but it is not the end of the world.

Seriously how many knights have been caught over the years?

Full article:

Key points:
  • The magistrate attributed Mullen's rehabilitation efforts when giving him a three-year community corrections order instead of a custodial sentence
  • Mullen's lawyer said the ex-NRL star has addressed his ADHD, depression and anxiety which were underlying his drug addiction

The 32-year-old pleaded guilty last December in Newcastle Local Court to one count of supplying cocaine.

He admitted that his life had spiralled out of control after his career ended, and that he started using cocaine on a daily basis.

Mullen faced Wollongong Local Court supported by his family and pregnant wife, who is expecting their first child next week.

Magistrate Jillian Kiely expressed concern about the level of Mullen's drug use and referred to an overdose in December 2018 where he was found unconscious on his parents' couch after using drugs over a three-day period.

The crown prosecutor indicated the 39 grams of cocaine, which was purchased by Mullen over a seven-day period, is 13 times the trafficable quantity.

Magistrate Kiely pointed to Mullen's rehabilitation efforts, including attending Narcotics Anonymous meetings and regularly seeing a psychologist, in sparing him a custodial sentence.

Key points:

Some years ago Roy Masters, who pretty much other than this occasion I have no time for, wrote a fairly in depth column on the drug culture in Newcastle.
It was around the time of Rodney Howe who apparently was a Newcastle product and discussed the players who were in some way punished around that era.
From memory names like Robbie OD'n, Steve Crowe, mad dog stomper McDougall and of course the player who copped the least serious charge but was Shanghai'd to souffs because he was expendable, Wayne Richards.
It didn't mention, but didn't shy away from the inference, much bigger names who I'm sure you won't have to be Cliff Hardy to figure out.
I have an idea it touched on things at a junior rep level as well and or it made for points of discussion...

One particular Immortal who should have been stripped of his award for drug use, alcohol use & making a fool of himself, yet everyone crows about what a wonderful player he was...........yeah a real immortal. More like a delirious junkie.

If anyone thinks that our beloved Sea Eagles have not had our fair share of recreational drug users in the last 10 years then they are delusional.
In every team there are young men with full wallets and an open invitation to any party in town. Every team will have problems with recreational drug use. For the Sea Eagles it was Newcastle’s systematic steroid use that was more of a problem.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6