Once again the Smith in 2008 garbage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
I know this off topic but it is my pet bug bear and just keeps getting regurgitated by all and sundry.The goose Warren Ryan was once again at it only a week or so ago by imparted his wisdom suggesting Melbourne would have won(turning around a 40 point deficit) in 2008 if Smith was not suspended,that is how valuable he is.

This is a history lesson for those fools have a similar view.

Week 1 Elimination Final in Melbourne-Warriors win 18-15 with Michael Witt scoring winning try.8th beats 1st with Smith playing 80 minutes.The most notable thing about this game was the men in pink finally penalised the scum for the wrestle repeatedly after complaints on field from price.Pity they stopped doing it for the next 4 years.

Week 2 Elimination Final - Brisbane totally dominate Melbourne yet somehow contrive to lose 18-16 with Ashton Sims dropping the ball with 20 seconds remaining and GI who was not seen all game at 5/8 scoring the winning try while standing on the wing.I was at this game and I genuinely believe that was the moment I knew we would the comp.Melbourne were ordinary and lucky.Smith played the full 80 minutes and screwed Thaidays head off.

Week 3 Preliminary Final - Melbourne thrash a typically hopeless Kimmorely led Sharks outfit 28-0 with Russell Aitken assuming the rake duties and Smith not playing this time due to a 2 week suspension.

While this is going on Manly smash the Goons 38-6 and the Warriors(who had put 30 on the 4th placed Roosters the week before) 32- 6 for a total of 70 points to 12.

From these facts the geniuses suggest that Smith, who had previously played in a home semi final loss and an incredibly lucky win,then not played in a 28 nil victory,would have made the difference to a 40 nil score against a team that eventually had a semi final score sheet of 110 to 12.Makes perfect sense doesn't it!

I am not suggesting Smith is not a great player but dont let the facts get in the way of a good story Warren.

Another of Wokka's faves is the Broncos would of beat Manly in preliminary final last year if Lockyer hadnt been injured the previous week.

He may well be right on both accounts, 2008 and 2011, we will never know.

But does he say Manly would of won in 2007 if Stewart wasnt take out by Crocker??

or

Does he acknowled the 2007,2008 and 2009 Storm sides have been proven to be cheating the salary cap???

I'd let it go before it gobbles you up Susan. I agree with everything you say but dinosaurs like Warren Ryan have their own agenda. Let's face it - he just hates Manly. And who cares!

I wouldn't worry about Warren Ryan the fossil, he absolutely detests Manly. He should've been put out to pasture years ago, he's irrelevant.

Manly beat them at Olympic Park 2009 with him playing - so Ryan's point is off target.

2007 GF Manly played without Brett Stewart for half the game.
He is our most potent attacking Player.
So Ryan's point would be :huh:

He just openly hates Manly and dismisses all their achievements as a matter of course:dodgy:

But its a great omen - the detractors are starting to feel the Manly heat :p

Blind him with your GF Blings, Manly :D

Warren Ryan is the definition of a dinosaur. Do you know he has actually fallen asleep at times in the ABC commentary box?

We were on a mission in 08, partly spurned by 07s loss, but IMO the driving force for the 08 win was "doing it for Beaver".

The Wok is a fool living in the past,just have a look what he did to Newcastle after Mal Reilly left, Hagan wins a comp in his first year.
The ABC must be really desperate to still have him involved.

The only "what if" that everyone knows for sure in RL is that Balmain would have beaten Canberra in the 1989 grand final if that idiot Balmain coach didn't replace Roach and Sironen. I think there is pretty much unanimous agreement on that. Who was that coach again? Maybe somebody can call Warren and ask - He might remember.

Everyone knows ( mmm) the tigers would have beaten the raiders in 89 had roach and sirro not been replaced by ryan. Not injured, not unavailable but replaced by the master tactician ryan. He overthought his way out of a premiership

The world is full of could of's, probably, maybes and ryan has no crystal ball, in fact he may not have any at all so his opinion is just that, but lets not forget it was his opinion to replace 2 of the greatest forwards of the time with a good lead only to capitulate, and we all know how that worked out

Its in the history books, 40 nil and canberra beats the tigers. Its all good. Just imagine if chicka ferguson or steve Jackson were ruled out. It may have been different, but **** happens to ****heads. Ryan and smith are king of the heap, collect your awards please

Warren Ryan is a #### ###### enough said

[Edit: Sheik, you might want to use the word "alleged" unless you can post a link confirming his convinction on this count]

I cut him some slack for his bitterness. Losing their only child to a dug overdose could make the best of people bitter. No one should have to go through that.

You get these so called experts who often swim in their own ignorance like Gould & Johns, still very accurate & usually fair in their analysis.
Then you get ppl like Ryan who simply does not rate when it comes to opinion due to personal vendetta's against certain teams & generally just aloof with his opinion - doesnt Warren any justification really.

Masked Eagle said:
Warren Ryan is the definition of a dinosaur. Do you know he has actually fallen asleep at times in the ABC commentary box?

We were on a mission in 08, partly spurned by 07s loss, but IMO the driving force for the 08 win was "doing it for Beaver".

He must've nodded off for the entire 2008 GF.:p

susan said:
Week 2 Elimination Final - Brisbane totally dominate Melbourne yet somehow contrive to lose 18-16 with Ashton Sims dropping the ball with 20 seconds remaining and GI who was not seen all game at 5/8 scoring the winning try while standing on the wing.I was at this game and I genuinely believe that was the moment I knew we would the comp.Melbourne were ordinary and lucky.Smith played the full 80 minutes and screwed Thaidays head off.

The moment I genuinely believed we would win the comp was when bellamy and waldron slandered the judiciary members after beating Cronulla. At that moment Melbourne became the enemy of the NRL and every 50/50 call in the GF went our way.

I also believe it was that outburst that caused the NRL to go after them so hard when they were found to be cheating.

Again......smart man that bellamy......NOT!

Stuff him! This is comming from the coach who handed the Raiders a win in 1989.

Big Nose Wazza Ryan (Beau Knows Dad) must not of heard the 80,000 boo's once smirking Cam's face appeared on the big screen. Clean your ears you loser!!!

History books state 40 - 0. Not wouldcouldashoulda!

Ease up on Wok.

He's forgotten more about the game than some of his critics will ever know, e.g. "The Serial Nincompoop" Rothfield.

Yes he has a bias against Manly, and yes he is wrong about C.Smith's suspension, and yes he gets a bit tired bored and cranky at times, but no one is perfect.

Babbling, will conclude this later.

the mauler said:
Masked Eagle said:

He must've nodded off for the entire 2008 GF.:p

http://blogs.abc.net.au/grandstand/files/final_eagles.mp3

Cam Smith was asked if he would have made a difference in the 2008 grand final he said "scoreline may have been closer but Melbourne still would have lost"
I've forgotten where he said it but atleast he has the decency to say they still lose.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2