Once a grub allways a Grub

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Lamb golf rage charge

By Andrew Carswell

November 10, 2006
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

RUGBY league legend Terry Lamb will face court over allegations he punched and wrestled a fellow golfer to the ground last month.

Lamb is alleged to have hit Greg Davison in the face on the 18th green of Cabramatta Golf Club following a dispute over the alleged victim's slow playing pace on October 27.

Fellow golfers were forced to separate the pair before Mr Davison was taken to Baulkham Hills Hospital with a suspected broken nose and jaw, later diagnosed as only bruising.

The Bulldogs veteran last night confirmed his involvement in the incident to The Daily Telegraph but denied he has been charged.

"I haven't been charged as yet and I haven't even seen the police again since they originally spoke to me," he said.

"I can't comment any further because I understand it is a police investigation.

"But I can guarantee I did not receive anything in the mail or from police regarding the matter."

Despite the 45-year-old's claims, police confirmed last night Lamb had been sent a court attendance notice "for the offence of assault".

He is due to face Liverpool Local Court on December 13.

Cabramatta Golf Club officials had planned to meet last night to deal with the matter but scrapped the meeting due to the attention.

"We were going to deal with the matter tonight but the officials have decided to head home instead. We do not want it run through a circus," a club spokesman said.

"All I can say is they were out having a social game of golf and a dispute erupted. Both players will be disciplined at a later date."

Lamb and Mr Davison are members of the club and were participating in a tournament when tempers flared.

Lamb, who lives in Abbotsbury, is one of the living legends of rugby league, having played over 300 games.

He guided the Bulldogs to five grand finals, winning three premierships.

After a brief stint as first grade coach with the Wests Tigers in 2001-2002, he returned to the Belmore-based club earlier this year in a sales and marketing role with part-time coaching responsibilities.

he's always been a cat....who do you think told Hoppa to stick his finger up peoples arses

he's always been a cat....who do you think told Hoppa to stick his finger up peoples arses

he knew about it and laughed when watching match replays. I don't think Hoppa got the idea from terry Lamb to go out there and poke people.
The above story on the golf course is enuff to bag Lamb about if that's what some people want to do, but let's not be small enuff to blame Lamb for Hoppa's wrong doing, other than to say he "could have" told Hoppa to stop doing it.

I think the way he played the game was weak- he took out Ellery Hanley in one Grand Final and then tried the same thing with Mal Meniga in another but came off second best-karma

Lamb was always a mongrel dog. Funniest play ever was when the dogs needed two points with a minute to go and he kicks a field goal. A real idiot.

what did he get binned for in the 95 GF?

dont know if he did- I was talking about when he attempted a cheap shot on Meninga and Meninga just ran over the top of him

what did he get binned for in the 95 GF?

Which player was sin binned in the 1995 Grand Final?

Terry Lamb. Terry was binned for holding down in the tackle while Manly were hot on attack. Manly couldn't capitalise on his absence, however, and Canterbury went on to complete a surprise victory.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4