On TripleM today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi all was listening to Matty Johns and Paul Kent today and they are saying that there is a club who has payed Dce not to upgrade his contract with us, Is this all serious or what ? has anyone herd about this, Can the media be just drumming this up to stir the pot ? If its true no wonder none of our senior playing group supposably dont like him, I doubt its true but who the hell would come up with a story like that, And they are also beating the drum about Choc and Parra, I cant remember a player that the media has hammered so much about a up and coming deal, Surely team harmony cant be that busted at Manly that people want to leave over a up and coming contract over 1 player

If that is true, then I can't see how that can be legal. Perhaps its one of the dealings that has gotten the Broncos into trouble?

Heard that too, but who knows if it's true. The relentless Manly haters and destabilisers are alive and kicking!

In view of the Broncs cap issue, I'd be very surprised if fact. Probably just the mischievous gossip mongers at work....again. Wish they'd pick on someone else for a change :mad:

Las Vegas Blvd said:
Hmmmm , maybe there is more to it about the team split into 2 camps
if this is the case,then it needs to be sorted quick smart,there is something effecting the team,dont know what,but something is,its time to be men team,and sort this garbage out

That sounds like bs to me. That wpuld surely have to be illegal.

If he is being paid not to upgrade his contract the nrl would have to know about it being lodged as 3rd party, if not the club and dce have some explaining to do.

What a mess we have become, this is what happens when the inmates are running the Asylum.

In years gone by, the team, or members of, would make statements effectively laughing at media / rumors of Manly's disharmony. Player comments tended to have a biting humorous edge.. But now the players are older, and because of the Gift situ, they are already in not such a healthy place.
Player comments have now not the same spark.
Their on field performances would indicate that something is not quite right. Spirit & fight at a low point. Coach 2V will be working with the players to address this.

One thing is certtain : change. These guys are professional footballers. They aren't there to like each other. You can still work highly effectively with ppl who you don't like, don't get on with.

But can you win a comp when there is team disharmony, when there is a disgruntlement with the club's attitude to player retention ?
No you cannot. One more loss of a 'star player' will see Manly immediately enter a rebuilding phase. This could even happen mid-season. How Manly are going to finish in this year's comp will depend on what happens over the next 3 or 4 weeks.

we will see this week vs the scumdogs
if we put another lame performance in as we did yesterday then it may show there is something just not right

niccipops said:
I'm pretty sure that after returning to Sydney last night, Snake, Choc, Foz, Matai and Jamie were all spotted in a Belmore coffee shop with Des.;)
well if this makes the paper,we will know where they got their latest headline from,lol

EagleFromMay1967 said:
In years gone by, the team, or members of, would make statements effectively laughing at media / rumors of Manly's disharmony. Player comments tended to have a biting humorous edge.. But now the players are older, and because of the Gift situ, they are already in not such a healthy place.
Player comments have now not the same spark.
Their on field performances would indicate that something is not quite right. Spirit & fight at a low point. Coach 2V will be working with the players to address this.

One thing is certtain : change. These guys are professional footballers. They aren't there to like each other. You can still work highly effectively with ppl who you don't like, don't get on with.

But can you win a comp when there is team disharmony, when there is a disgruntlement with the club's attitude to player retention ?
No you cannot. One more loss of a 'star player' will see Manly immediately enter a rebuilding phase. This could even happen mid-season. How Manly are going to finish in this year's comp will depend on what happens over the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Totally agree
Over the next 4-5 rounds with clashes against scum dogs x2 Easts tigers sharks this will be telling as to our season.

We all know if this can get it together we are right in this competition but we can ill afford to string 3-4 loses in a row such as the nature of this comp.

The most likely angle in all these rumours, is that external forces are trying to destabilize the most successful Club of the past decade - Manly :cool:

Sid being paid not to upgrade, would simply fall under the Salary Cap Allowance of the payer Club - easy to have the NRL investigate this :sleepy:

So why don't these well informed Media types just pass on the information :huh:

Another week, another game to look forward to :)

Serious accusation.

This is a very far fetched statement ( one of the best ones I've heard ).

After constantly hearing all these things regarding the relationship with DCE , I'm under the impression that there is some cracks in the relationship with some players, but I doubt it's this bad. If he was paid not too upgrade well how is it his fault regarding not enough in the cap for a new contract for gift ??

All of us here will have a better feel about our team , if we have a strong line up on Friday and the performance they put on the field.

Bottom line is these guys are elite footballers who have a lot of pride in their performance.

They will stand up, as they have in the past regardless of any infighting (which exists in every team/workplace).

We have been blessed for 10 years with a strong playing group, and one way or the other that groups time is just about up. The future is very bright but the faces are going to change whether we, or they, like it or not.

Now lets get the job done to the best of our ability in 2014.

All this stuff about whether paying a bloke not to upgrade a contract comes under the predators cap etc is simply rubbish.

The simple fact is that you can't f...ing do it legally and it would be dealt with harshly by the NRL. Can you imagine the chaos if this was ok. Simply ridiculous.

Who knows,it may have happened with DCE but discussing it as if it is part of the salary cap discussion is a joke.

My mail is that there IS a fair bit of unrest re the Gift situation.The question is not if but how much.Personally I think the professionalism of the players will rise above this stuff but who knows.The greater and more tangible problem for us is injuries and our lack of forward depth.I still think we threaten if we get a better run in the injury department.Next year worries me though.Choc is a warrior who surely must slow down at some point,Gift is gone and the cupboard is a little bear.

Our recruiters are the best and obviously know this.The question of course is the cap.

Always sceptical when users with very low post counts come on here with these kinds of allegations.

Could be legit but I don't buy it.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6