omnipotent beings discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1624073420981.png

• 😆
Reactions: Ned
Another of your crackpots MF76, lol
"In his book The Biology of Belief, he claims that beliefs control human biology rather than DNA and inheritance. Lipton's contentious claims have not received attention from mainstream science." (on his Wikipedia page)

"In his book The Biology of Belief, he claims that beliefs control human biology rather than DNA and inheritance. Lipton's contentious claims have not received attention from mainstream science." (on his Wikipedia page)
The truth is out there.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. Soon after he created the only sensible humans on the planet who recognised the superiority of the Sea Eagle. Of course those who believe otherwise exist over a bridge too far .

Perspective time ...

What we all have in common is we all have our Faith and Beliefs

We are all into the Faith business

Some have faith in Nothing

Some have faith in a theory

Others have faith in a prophet

Others have faith in a God

Others have faith in the one and only true God

At the end of the day It is not what you have faith in and what you believe that makes you a descent Human being

What makes you a descent human being is
how much respect , care and love you have for others

life-bible-verse-5.jpg

I believe in provisional probabilism. I know nothing for certain absolutely, only what is most probable. And tomorrow that may change.

Question for the Christians among us:
Why did God not send Jesus for over 1,000,000 years? Would it not have been better to save us from sin much, much earlier?

Good question and the answer is a complex one as God the creator does not think like a child or has the same brain capacity as us and so the answer is not simple as God is not Simple

Here is the answer by ...
Jenny Hawkins
Degrees in religion, philosophy, with history and ethics

I was an atheist until I became an adult, but I had begun searching for “the truth” about God years before. Eventually God got through to me, shook me to my core, and changed everything. In the process of searching, I studied religion and philosophy and ethics at the college and graduate levels. Today I try to use my powers for good. :)
I am now a Christian apologist, and like other apologists: “The weapons of warfare are not the weapons of the world. Instead, they have divine power to demolish strongholds… tear down arguments, and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God…” (2 Cor.10)
I am a mother of four, a grandmother of 13 perfect :) grandchildren, and have a wonderful husband of 48 years. (That’s an old picture of when I was first married. I am sentimental about it).
I was born in Hawaii, have lived in every region of the US, as well as Argentina, and Europe. I currently live in the Deep South about a half hour drive from the Gulf of Mexico. I love it here—except in August. I am a Methodist, an adult SS teacher, and I feel very blessed to have found Quora and the friends I have made here.

Why didn't God send Jesus sooner? Why let so many generations live and die without salvation?
I make it a point to endeavor to answer any question you send me because, well, because it’s you. But right up front here I feel the need to point out that asking why God did something is a bit like trying to beat back the wind with your hands. If God isn’t a personal God, then there’s no answer because He didn’t do anything, and if He is a personal God, a creator, He is so far beyond us that trying to understand his “whys” would be harder than explaining string theory to a two year old.
We can’t really know His whys, we can’t know the mind of God, we can only know our own, we can only see the whys that affect us.
So, as long as you take this answer in light of the full knowledge that it is a completely unfounded totally limited humanistic response, I will endeavor to answer as best I can.
Why didn't God send Jesus sooner?
Galatians 4:4,5 says “when the fulness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law.” Well what the heck does that mean? What is the fullness of time?
It seems that God sought to lay a foundation for the Messianic arrival through Jewish Law and prophecy. God did the prep work. Any good modern personal image consultant knows the importance of pre-appearance groundwork. People need to be primed with expectation; there had to be both awareness and real need; there needed to be a mechanism by which the message could be spread.
Roman rule made the Jews hungry for the Messiah’s coming. The timing of Christ’s incarnation was such that the people of that time—at least many of them—were prepared for His coming. The empire was the perfect incubator: it was relatively peaceful, making safe travel possible, allowing the early Christians to spread the gospel. It had a common language, making it possible to communicate the gospel to many different peoples. Idols had failed leaving a spiritual void. It was a perfect point in time when all things came together in a way that could not have occurred before and would not have occurred after.
The timing of Christ’s incarnation ties in with the prophecy in Daniel 9:24–27 written over five hundred years beforehand. It speaks of the “seventy weeks” or the seventy “sevens.” From the context, it seems most likely these “weeks” or “sevens” refer to groups of seven years, not seven days. If we examine history and line up the details of the first sixty-nine weeks (if the prophets are right and the seventieth week takes place at a future point), then the countdown of the seventy weeks begins with “the going forth of the command to restore and build Jerusalem” given by Artaxerxes Longimanus in 445 B.C. (see Nehemiah 2:5) and ends with Jesus.
After seven “sevens” plus 62 “sevens,” or 69 x 7 years, the prophecy states, “the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary” and that the “end will come like a flood” (meaning major destruction) (v. 26). That sounds a lot like the fall of Jerusalem.
That means the best answer we can come up with is, in short, circumstances. All that we are given on the matter indicates God didn’t send Jesus sooner because the circumstances would not have been right for recognizing—and perhaps for killing—him. The time was not “full.” That’s as much justification as we are able to provide. The real reasons for why He picked that time in history to send His Son are known only to God.
Why let so many generations live and die without salvation?
This one’s much easier than the first one: He didn’t. All indications are those that died before the Advent are covered. The Jews are covered by the Law and covenant—and by the blood of Christ because time is an enveloping mist to God who sees all at once— “But they will have to give an account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. That is why the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged as men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.” 1 Peter 4:5,6
The lost too are covered: Romans 2:14–16;
“Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts either accusing or defending them.
This will come to pass on that day when God will judge men’s secrets through Christ Jesus.”
We are all covered by Jesus gift—eventually. The New Testament itself is not in the least afraid of the word all.
Jesus said: "I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself" (John 12:32).
Paul writes to the Romans: "God has consigned all men to disobedience that he may have mercy on all" (Rom. 11:32).
In the First Letter to Timothy we read of God "who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth," and of Christ Jesus "who gave himself as a ransom for all" (1 Tim 2:4-6).
He writes to the Corinthians: "As in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive" (1 Cor. 15:22); and he looks to the final, total triumph when God will be everything to everyone (1 Cor. 15:28).
This makes it clear it is flatly impossible to set limits to the grace of God. I believe that not only in this world, but in any other world there may be, even into Hell itself, the grace of God is still effective, still operative, still at work. I do not believe that the operation of the grace of God is limited to this world. I believe that the grace of God is as wide as the universe.
If God was no more than a King or Judge, then it would be possible to speak of his triumph if his enemies were agonizing in hell or were totally and completely obliterated and wiped out. But God is not only King and Judge. God is Father- he is indeed Father more than anything else. No father could be happy while there were members of his family for ever in agony. No father would count it a triumph to obliterate the disobedient members of his family. The only triumph a father can know is to have all his family back home.
The only victory love can enjoy is the day when its offer of love is answered by the return of love. The only possible final triumph is a universe loved by and in love with God. I believe implicitly in the ultimate and complete triumph of God, the time when all things will be subject to him, and when God will be everything to everyone (1 Cor. 15:24-28).
So the answer to your second question is, God has it covered. We may not know all his reasons and thoughts and plans—but we can know his heart. In that we trust.

Brian Leung - Quora

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7