Old mate cops a flogging for disrespecting ANZACS minute silence.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Mate, the idiot goes back for more after the first punch, and the crowd were telling him to leave by then. Some blokes just don't get the first message.
Well most people would be pretty p*ssed off at being punched by someone when it was only a verbal situation, plus he was drunk & had the whole bay booing him.

Safe to say he wasn't thinking rationally by that point but he didn't raise his hands or display any threatening behaviour so doggies boy certainly had no right to not only punch him a second time, but to hold his head down & go to town on him.

That's assault, pure & simple.

Some people (like those on the spectrum) don't understand the logistics of respect (so others need to be careful). If someone got knocked out like that, and it was found there was a subtle disability or something involved, you'd be going away for a very, very long time. People with social awkwardness can look very, very normal.
...and sometimes blokes are just d*ckheads and expect everyone to put up with their sh*t...

Well most people would be pretty p*ssed off at being punched by someone when it was only a verbal situation, plus he was drunk & had the whole bay booing him.

Safe to say he wasn't thinking rationally by that point but he didn't raise his hands or display any threatening behaviour so doggies boy certainly had no right to not only punch him a second time, but to hold his head down & go to town on him.

That's assault, pure & simple.
Ole mate did not know when to shut his pie hole and rolled back for a 2nd round - too used to no consequences maybe?

I will at this point declare "I know I am an anachronism" but in my defence I am a third generation serviceman. According to current thinking, I, my dad and my grandad, were violent war loving control freaks who set fire to **** just to ruin the planet, and drove cars purchased on their ability to guzzle fossil fuels.

Ole mate did not know when to shut his pie hole and rolled back for a 2nd round - too used to no consequences maybe?
Drunk & doubling down after the whole bay turned on him, probably.

He had a bottle of beer in his hand I think? If he'd raised that when he went back then yes, self defence would come into it, but he didn't.

He was just an idiot but that didn't give anyone the right to physically assault him.

I will at this point declare "I know I am an anachronism" but in my defence I am a third generation serviceman. According to current thinking, I, my dad and my grandad, were violent war loving control freaks who set fire to **** just to ruin the planet, and drove cars purchased on their ability to guzzle fossil fuels.
No mate, not at all.

But its a slippery slope right?

We could say that your dad & grandad fought for our right to free speech & to not be assaulted for it.

I'd rather just say the bloke was a drunk idiot who deserved to be shamed out of there but didnt deserve to be assaulted by a wannabe tough guy with his 2 mates standing by watching, ready to jump in if the bloke started landing some back.

The holding of premiership games on each ANZAC Day by NSWRL/NRL is now nearly 100 years old tradition as it started in 1927 including at the SCG with Glebe vs Wests. There were ANZACs at the games. Rugby League Tables / Season 1927

Of course, the above must be fake news as AFL invented playing sport each ANZAC Day in 1995.

I believe we had a safer society back in the days when d*ckheads were able to be pulled into line by other men or by the police. Whether there were extenuating circumstances in this case, or not, this guy deserved to be pulled into line. He wasn't killed or seriously injured and there is little chance he will do it again. I get that there is other sides and valid points to this arguement, which I take on board. Perhaps though, there is no one position that is right or wrong for every situation but each situation is different and requires different response. For example, when I was young I dished out some rough justice on another young man, who stole a surfboard from me. In the end he thanked me for it as that action may have saved him from a life of crime and gaol. Whether you believe my actions at the time were right or wrong will depend on your personal philosophy. To me it is the outcome rather than the action itself that determines whether the action is right or wrong. In this case I have no problem with this guy getting a punch in the head.

Last edited:
I believe we had a safer society back in the days when d*ckheads were able to be pulled into line by other men or by the police. Whether there were extenuating circumstances in this case, or not, this guy deserved to be pulled into line. He wasn't killed or seriously injured and there is little chance he will do it again. I get that there is other sides and valid points to this arguement, which I take on board. Perhaps though, there is no one position that is right or wrong for every situation but each situation is different and requires different response. For example, when I was young I dished out some rough justice on another young man, who stole a surfboard from me. In the end he thanked me for it as that action may have saved him from a life of crime and gaol. Whether you believe my actions at the time were right or wrong will depend on your personal philosophy. To me it is the outcome rather than the action itself that determines whether the action is right or wrong. In this case I have no problem with this guy getting a punch in the head.
I feel more sorry for the Hungry Jack's drive-thru girl... she didn't even make the burger and, even if she did, it ain't EVER gonna look like the picture lol

I feel more sorry for the Hungry Jack's drive-thru girl
Don't ever feel sorry for a Hungry Jack's employee, I was in Perth back in 2016 when a bloke was found dead in one of the toilet cubicles, He had been dead for three days. Very dubious hygene standards

Last edited:

I often wonder how those smug know alls that sneerily say that the USA only fought wars if the country had oil would fare ... if they ever had to go a week without it ..

No food production, no trucks bringing what food there is to the city stores , no manufactured goods, no work or transport ... no medical supplies or drugs, no electricity or heating or cooling

Wouldn't take long for anarchy and living in caves again

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8