Old Manly Song Found On YouTube

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfhjqWLjGVo

Sorry if it is already been done. Was being lazy and thought it would bring a nice change on the forums lol

They should change the start of it from its been won by the Dragons, the Rabbitohs we won't deny to something like....

The Dragons will choke for another 30 years and the Rabbitohs are no chance in hell, they can all kiss the Igor's feathered tail. lahlahlahlahlahlahlahlah......

Who's the dude on the cover of that song and what jumper is he wearing. Doesn't look like any Manly jumper I know.

I remember this song from the 70's, my first Grand Final was 78 and am sure this was played as they ran out (way before Eagle Rock became the norm)

That song has been on Silvertails for quite some time now on this link http://www.silvertails.net/articles/songs-and-chants . You can also access it via the menu below the Silvertails banner at the top of the page. Go to the "Articles" heading and then select "Songs & Chants".

this song goes back to the mid 60s and was played at every final and grand final and was used until around late 70s. the player i think was stephen knight a duel international played centres for us, hard as nails and super fit played out his career at manly when this was played at the grand finals it sounded great when all our supporters joined in at the SCG
which gave out good sound around the arena

Jethro said:
That song has been on Silvertails for quite some time now on this link http://www.silvertails.net/articles/songs-and-chants . You can also access it via the menu below the Silvertails banner at the top of the page. Go to the "Articles" heading and then select "Songs & Chants".

Thanks Jethro, will search there next time.

zambuck said:
this song goes back to the mid 60s and was played at every final and grand final and was used until around late 70s. the player i think was stephen knight a duel international played centres for us, hard as nails and super fit played out his career at manly when this was played at the grand finals it sounded great when all our supporters joined in at the SCG
which gave out good sound around the arena

Thanks for the info zambuck.

I know it's old but it's still my favourite. Memories of the 70's when I was converted.

dowdz said:
Jethro said:

No worries dowdz and I hope that my comment didn't come across to you the wrong way as I wasn't having a go at you as after reading what I wrote, it could have came across that way. It was meant to be just a general comment to everyone to let them know that the Songs & Chants page was here on Silvertails as some may not even know that that page existed. Amongst the content of that webpage is the Old Manly Victory Song as well as the Manly Victory Chant that the guys do in the shed after a win and a bunch of other chants and an audio and the words to Eagle Rock :)

Jethro said:
dowdz said:
Jethro said:

No worries dowdz and I hope that my comment didn't come across to you the wrong way as I wasn't having a go at you as after reading what I wrote, it could have came across that way. It was meant to be just a general comment to everyone to let them know that the Songs & Chants page was here on Silvertails as some may not even know that that page existed. Amongst the content of that webpage is the Old Manly Victory Song as well as the Manly Victory Chant that the guys do in the shed after a win and a bunch of other chants and an audio and the words to Eagle Rock :)

No mate, not at all. Never even crossed my mind. It was good actually, gives me another part of the site to explore. I am pretty bad and usually just jump on the rugby league bit. Will start to explore the site more me thinks. Thanks again for letting me know :D

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6