Olakau’atu upgraded

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sick of the talk we struggle salary cap with Tom, DCE and Jake as most sides have 3 players up about $800,000 plus....in fact some have 6-7 players on this type of money so why keep repeating Manly for this like the only team with Big money players??

Given this is the last year of DCE’s mega contract,does anyone have an idea what he re-signed for,for ‘24&’25?If it’s anywhere near his current contract,I’d be disappointed
I seem to remember reading that it could be about $850k per season.

But that is speculation.

Last edited:
Not true. Tony Mestrov was on ABC Radio this afternoon and he stated very clearly that the Sea Eagles are now in a great position with the Cap increase.
Who to believe? Buzz or Tony?
Do we need a poll?
Do you know what else he talked about?

We need to do something. It's round 1 and we are dealing with his **** again.
Schuster all the dramas around playing 6 then Koula going to rugby now this really become pathetic
Don't think the club has anything to deal with as Ola resigned for 3 years last year. Club has topped up his salary for this year when they didn't have to. He is with us until end of 25. One journalist looking for a headline. Move on.

Don't think the club has anything to deal with as Ola resigned for 3 years last year. Club has topped up his salary for this year when they didn't have to. He is with us until end of 25. One journalist looking for a headline. Move on.
Yeah and a journo taking click bait from zorba as usual

Maybe the not unrealistic prospect of jagging a premiership in the next few seasons could be influencing the outlook of a few of the already higher paid guys and the requirement to have a strong all round squad and cap apportioning to manage it . Inevitable that players like Olakatu - atu , Koula , Garrick , Saab even Croker and the Shu would be entitled to upgrades in recent times but again really can "t have players on already very lucrative contracts expecting that much more and seems an amicable arrangement with D C E 's new deal and hopefully in proportion . Not too sure with guys like Keppie , Paseka , and Parker but probably close to parity contracts , Alioia and Tuilagi already on fairly healthy contracts . then the next rung of impressive juniors coming through to accommodate then Ever a moving feast trying to balance a cap for most clubs to be successful ,hopefully or ,looking like on the right path at Manly right now .

Yeah and a journo taking click bait from zorba as usual
He’s not taking it from Zorba,it’s all coming from Olakau’atu’s manager.I suspect if Rothfield writes anything that is untrue or derogatory towards the club,his mate Flanagan will give him a clip around the ear

Olakau’atu owned the much-regarded Kikau yesterday. One of the most enjoyable parts of the game.
Whilst I thought he had a decent game and did outplay Kikau (who was diabolical) I wouldn't say he had a brilliant game by any stretch. Solid, is how I'd describe it. I'd expect a lot more from him this season including hitting the ball at speed rather than catching it standing still - which is what he seems to do a lot. Look at someone like Liam Martin who charges onto the ball every time he takes a hit up. Paseka did it (for once) in the second half and sent dogs forwards flying in all directions - leading to a try. Ola needs to take that blueprint and he too will be unstoppable. And yes, it was very hot down there so I guess that is somewhat mitigating.

Whilst I thought he had a decent game and did outplay Kikau (who was diabolical) I wouldn't say he had a brilliant game by any stretch. Solid, is how I'd describe it. I'd expect a lot more from him this season including hitting the ball at speed rather than catching it standing still - which is what he seems to do a lot. Look at someone like Liam Martin who charges onto the ball every time he takes a hit up. Paseka did it (for once) in the second half and sent dogs forwards flying in all directions - leading to a try. Ola needs to take that blueprint and he too will be unstoppable. And yes, it was very hot down there so I guess that is somewhat mitigating.
I agree with your Olakau’atu assessment but the issue for him is that he plays outside DCE,not a Foran type player.Not suggesting it’s all on DCE but he’s not as direct.Tuilagi will hopefully benefit from Schuster’s ball play as he didn’t see much ball from Johns

“Rival teams already circling” for a player that can’t officially be approached until November 2024,interesting manager work this one.And he is nowhere near Origin ready,in fact I can’t see him being Origin ready until around 2035
Mate, you have no idea, he is one of the best forwards running around

Mol'e upgrade is for this season only and will be re visited next season.
This was promised to him last year, so it's just the club honouring it.

I agree with your Olakau’atu assessment but the issue for him is that he plays outside DCE,not a Foran type player.Not suggesting it’s all on DCE but he’s not as direct.Tuilagi will hopefully benefit from Schuster’s ball play as he didn’t see much ball from Johns
Yep, DCE needs to find a way to utilise Ola better.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4