Okay .. the real issues .. Seibold

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
The real questions needing answers ... that that are the football questions .. will we be a better coached team is the only real question I want answered ... what do you think ..

Will our defence and attack improve, our resilience, out attitude, our fitness ?

Will Seibold retain DCE as sole captain ...?

Is he a fan of giant humongous 5/8's ....?

Is he a fan of the no look pass ... ?

Will he go to 3 men in a tackle ....?

Will he encourage our forwards to go mungrel ?

Will he get us fit ?

Last edited:
Well worth starting another Seibold thread.

NOT
Trying to get the focus back on football ... by the way ... do you think he is a fan of gigantic 5/8's ?

Do you reckon he will marvel in awe at the no look pass ?

Not to be rude Woodsy, but I'm not interested on who he wants where, just after a fresh simple yet innovative gameplan with a motivated 17 every week.
I'm not as concerned as most as I could see, feel and project a Manly team on the downward spiral and even backing up to the Top 4 in 2021, the finals showed how FAR off we were from the Top sides and things have only gone downhill further since then...way down in fact.
Even the old chestnut of "No Tom" grew old, as other sides often missed key players, yet those playing dug deep and ripped in contesting every play....I think Tom is a Massive influence, but like the "famous 7" stuff was merely a camoflague for an underperforming team who lacked killer instinct and desire and parden the pun "Pride in the jersey".
Just maybe this is a catalyst for improved performances acoss the board.
I feel Des has made great history at Manly and won't be forgotten in my mind, but tough times need big calls and we have been on the decline for longer than most would like to admit.
And yes, I hope the 3 man tackle is more predominent which will flow into line speed and an improved defensive line, but prefer to talk about getting a tough mentallity and players going to War as a unit far more than tactics at this point.

The real questions needing answers ... that that are the football questions .. will we be a better coached team is the only real question I want answered ... what do you think ..

Will our defence and attack improve, our resilience, out attitude, our fitness ?

Will Seibold retain DCE as sole captain ...?

Is he a fan of giant humongous 5/8's ....?

Is he a fan of the no look pass ... ?

Will he go to 3 men in a tackle ....?

Will he encourage our forwards to go mungrel ?

Will he get us fit ?
Does he bring his own furniture?

Not to be rude Woodsy, but I'm not interested on who he wants where, just after a fresh simple yet innovative gameplan with a motivated 17 every week.
I'm not as concerned as most as I could see, feel and project a Manly team on the downward spiral and even backing up to the Top 4 in 2021, the finals showed how FAR off we were from the Top sides and things have only gone downhill further since then...way down in fact.
Even the old chestnut of "No Tom" grew old, as other sides often missed key players, yet those playing dug deep and ripped in contesting every play....I think Tom is a Massive influence, but like the "famous 7" stuff was merely a camoflague for an underperforming team who lacked killer instinct and desire and parden the pun "Pride in the jersey".
Just maybe this is a catalyst for improved performances acoss the board.
I feel Des has made great history at Manly and won't be forgotten in my mind, but tough times need big calls and we have been on the decline for longer than most would like to admit.
And yes, I hope the 3 man tackle is more predominent which will flow into line speed and an improved defensive line, but prefer to talk about getting a tough mentallity and players going to War as a unit far more than tactics at this point.

Pretty much where I am at as well .. I just want a well coached football team ... the small details I am happy to leave to others .

He he did well with the enigmatic Cody Walker at 5/8 at Souths.

Dont see why he wouldnt be keen on the Talent os Schuster

From memory, he was brought in during his first stint as our defensive coach. I vaguely recall an article referring to him as our "Minister of Defence". I also recall (less vaguely) that our defence while he was here was terrible. But he didn't last long. Again, not sure exactly how long, but it's hard to blame anybody for wanting out of a role that positioned him as the meat in a T-Baz/Bob Fulton **** sandwich.

I reckon we do a "Teams" meeting with our new coach and then we can all tell him what's wrong, and how to fix, then we can tell him of our expectations before we get him sacked.

Like that plan

I reckon we do a "Teams" meeting with our new coach and then we can all tell him what's wrong, and how to fix, then we can tell him of our expectations before we get him sacked.

Like that plan
Probably not necessary. He'd be reading all of our posts now and hanging on every word.

If we are to improve in 2023 the two major things we need are:
1. For Turbo to remain fit (Duh), and
2. The Shoe to live up to his enormous talent. I believe this kid is a potential superstar but whether he can make reproduce it in the NRL is a concern. Here's hoping.

One thing for sure he is not Des
So expecting a totally different playing style
He will have his own ideas on where players play so hopefully the players get on board
I don’t mind if he shifts players to different positions as long as he gets the best out of them

Shore up the forward pack with a few astute signings, and have DCE playing a half-backs role for a large percent of the game, setting up and giving players space, and knowing when to have a crack himself.

It's like he has a crack himself everytime he touches the ball, hence the headless chook 80%/brilliance 20% ratio we suffer from.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4