Ok - we got Levi - Top 17 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You make a good point. My thinking was that we only need 1 utility and that should be Cust. If an outside back goes down he can slot into 5/8 and Walker pushes out to centre. If JetSki is picked his minutes will be limited unless there is an injury.

Imo I doubt Cust would be picked on the bench as a utility. If he is picked on the bench it will only be to play hooker. If an outside back goes down Jetski fills the void and Walker stays at 5/8. Best to have only 1 player out of position then 2 as they have been training all preseason positionally.

Last edited:
Imo I doubt Cust would be picked on the bench as a utility. If he is picked on the bench it will only be to play hooker. If an outside back goes down Jetski fills the void and Walker stays at 5/8. Best to have only 1 player out of position then 2 as they have been training all preseason positionally.
Bench outside jetski is definate.
I say it be 2 front rowers I say paseka and keppie but sipley and Boyle be in mix also.

So he done a medical so he here. Scouting from knights fans poor decision making in red zone attack
Creativity not his forte. Has 5 tries in 83 games so it’s pretty obvious he won’t be a Fainu in the red zone.But he does have a nice dart out of dummy half and crisp passing which should help our outside men.Matty Ballin made a career out of that but admittedly was surrounded by superstars.
This is the slight worry for me. Our red one attack can be very ordinary at times. I’m sure Des will find a way to blend young Levi in to the side. From what was available he has the most upside and he will be a good addition.

Creativity not his forte. Has 5 tries in 83 games so it’s pretty obvious he won’t be a Fainu in the red zone.But he does have a nice dart out of dummy half and crisp passing which should help our outside men.Matty Ballin made a career out of that but admittedly was surrounded by superstars.
This is the slight worry for me. Our red one attack can be very ordinary at times. I’m sure Des will find a way to blend young Levi in to the side. From what was available he has the most upside and he will be a good addition.
I agree there’s Not another 9, who can challenge Fainu as a threat close to the try line....but just a thought....Levi may have double those tries and a few more line breaks on his stats playing behing this Manly go forward, which offers far better opportunities than the Knights pack.
I think 2020 he could be an instant hit due to this factor and his confidence will enable him to jump a level or 2

Damien Cook has really played 4 years full time (at the bunnies), so lets compare. That 9 tries in 91 games, in an offensive minded Rabbits team. Cook was really part time at The Dragons and Dogs, only playing 9 games in 3 years (so I've removed those).

Danny Levi has played 5 years, since inception, and has 5 tries in 83 games, which to be fair (in the past 4-5 years) isn't TOO different from Cookie.

That being said, look at our dummy halves recently. Koroisou, Fainu, Ballin...they all had a penchant for scooting over from dummy half, which for mine is a coaching tactic as well.

I think Levi will be amazing, and Dessie will unlock so much potential in the kid. He is only 23-24, so is learning the craft.

Yeah he just needs to feed ball to Tommy and dce in red zone and maybe short ball options with afb.

So, has there been a club announcement yet or is it all still media beat up??
It's a done deal, but nothing from the club as of yet
No reason Cust can't play relief hooker and utility. Then we can carry an extra big man on the bench. Keeps the big guys fresher, not only over the 80 mins but over the season. I really like JetSki but he is more an 80min backrower than an impact player. How fantastic it is to have debate over which strong bench we will run with.

Last edited:
It's a done deal, but nothing from the club as of yet

No reason Cust can't play relief hooker and utility. Then we can carry an extra big man on the bench. Keeps the big guys fresher, not only over the 80 mins but over the season. I really like JetSki but he is more an 80min backrower than an impact player. How fantastic it is to have debate over which strong bench we will run with.
Agree with all of that and I couldn't find a spot for jetski in the 17... bar injuries.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4