Ok - we got Levi - Top 17 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Damien Cook has really played 4 years full time (at the bunnies), so lets compare. That 9 tries in 91 games, in an offensive minded Rabbits team. Cook was really part time at The Dragons and Dogs, only playing 9 games in 3 years (so I've removed those).

Danny Levi has played 5 years, since inception, and has 5 tries in 83 games, which to be fair (in the past 4-5 years) isn't TOO different from Cookie.

That being said, look at our dummy halves recently. Koroisou, Fainu, Ballin...they all had a penchant for scooting over from dummy half, which for mine is a coaching tactic as well.

I think Levi will be amazing, and Dessie will unlock so much potential in the kid. He is only 23-24, so is learning the craft.
If you want a hooker to be a try scorer then something is wrong.

I cant believe anyone wouldnt have jetski in our 17.
As Will said before mate, Jetski's value and best use has been shown as an 80 min backrower, not as an impact player.
Sirro, Thommo and Jake have first use of the positions he is most valuable in and I prefer Keppie, Waddell etc. as strike players off the bench.
And...he does need to cut out a LOT of his enthusiasm inflicted mistakes.
I would regard him as first cab off the rank when we have 80 min second-rower injuries.

Yeah, it's a tough call, but....

If you want a hooker to be a try scorer then something is wrong.
You want a hooker who tries to burrow over when it's on, to keep sides on their toes and bag the occasional easy try. You just don't want a hooker who does it so much that it kills the attack.

As Will said before mate, Jetski's value and best use has been shown as an 80 min backrower, not as an impact player.
Sirro, Thommo and Jake have first use of the positions he is most valuable in and I prefer Keppie, Waddell etc. as strike players off the bench.
And...he does need to cut out a LOT of his enthusiasm inflicted mistakes.
I would regard him as first cab off the rank when we have 80 min second-rower injuries.

Yeah, it's a tough call, but....
Agreed he had some mistakes in his game early in the season but once Siro went down and he took over I cant recall him making any glaring mistakes, he was one of our best for weeks at the business end of the season. He will learn and get those silly errors out if his game with experience. I expect he will carve up this year and turn into a star.

Great video on Instagram of Tee Sips welcoming Levi to the team with a series of multiple head slaps. Quite funny. Not sure if it’s possible to post...?
What account posted it? Was it Sipleys or the Manly account

I reckon the reason for the delay was the fact that Newcastle were paying his wage until he signed a new contract. Therefore it was in both Manlys and Levis interest to make it official as late as possible. Gotta squeeze every penny. By the time it was announced it was yesterdays fish and chip paper.

Whoever in the marketing or social media team that wrote that announcement really phoned it in. No effort at all to communicate any sense of warmth or excitement about his arrival. They barely managed two complete sentences.
Yeh, any chance of letting on how long we signed him for ?? It's not like it hasn't been happening for a week now. Couldn't have been too hard to whip up an article with some quotes from Danny and some semblance of enthusiasm.

Would I be correct in assuming just a one year deal ?

Yeh, any chance of letting on how long we signed him for ?? It's not like it hasn't been happening for a week now. Couldn't have been too hard to whip up an article with some quotes from Danny and some semblance of enthusiasm.

Would I be correct in assuming just a one year deal ?
It is a 1 year deal mate

From Levi's instagram

Pretty buzzy feeling but man I can’t thank the @manlyseaeagles enough for giving me an opportunity to represent such an amazing club and to all the boys for welcoming me into the team also a massive thank you to my man @mario_tartak1 and the @crownsportsmanagement team for all the work behind the scenes ❤️ lastly a massive thank you to the @nrlknights for the past 6 years. Forever great full for yous guys giving me the chance to start my nrl career. I made so many friends and family with my time in Newcastle and I appreciate everything yous have done for me ✊❤️ now to just survive the rest of pre season...

Well, I hope if he goes gangbusters for us this year that he hangs around and we dont just build him up just so some other club can snag him after we put all the work into him. The rorters will be watching with intent, mark my words.. :finger: :finger: :finger:

There was a video of Levi dancing in front of all the boys with his shirt off on his 2nd day training with the boys. He's obviously a confident bloke and you need that from your hooker, especially coming in late. Interesting to see Metcalfe doing a dance too, maybe some kind of initiation??? But both boys looked confident and all the boys seem to be really enjoying themselves

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2