Ok - we got Levi - Top 17 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate what if Parker and Suli fire in the trial?

Well Brad I guess it will come down to who is having the most impact on the game. Mind you I've always considered Parker a backrower, preferably lock. But it's just an opinion. I'm not saying Schuster is going to be 5/8 early in the season. However, despite Walker's efforts at 5/8, I think he's best suited at centre where his speed is an asset, and certainly doesn't display the range of ball playing skills Schuster seems to possess. Its up to Schuster to prove his junior talent can convert to the big game.. I think it wont be if, but rather when.

Strange no love for Guacamole on here
Has more upside than all of our young forwards
Be very surprised if he’s not a regular on bench by seasons end
Assuming they go with two props , a big backrower and second hooker he competes with JetSki and Waddel I suppose
Think he’ll end up being better than those guys ( both are going well though )but he’ll have to get the runs on the board so back end of year maybe, earlier if injuries
Will be a gun

Last edited:
Well Brad I guess it will come down to who is having the most impact on the game. Mind you I've always considered Parker a backrower, preferably lock. But it's just an opinion. I'm not saying Schuster is going to be 5/8 early in the season. However, despite Walker's efforts at 5/8, I think he's best suited at centre where his speed is an asset, and certainly doesn't display the range of ball playing skills Schuster seems to possess. Its up to Schuster to prove his junior talent can convert to the big game.. I think it wont be if, but rather when.
Fair call but I can't see Hasler changing up the 6 with Walker improving along Dce and the way Parker and Suli finished off the year . Schuster does look like a freak though and if Walker struggles may find his way back out there and Schuster to 6 .

Schuster at lock for game 1?
Has the right body shape for lock and may well end up there....but to initiate him into NRL he is being more looked at as 5/8 and I think is a legitimate chance to be in Top grade early season.

If fitness is the only issue with this guy then he's certainly in good hands with Des and Co. I'm sure he'll have his best year of footie playing with us.

Same as last year really. Great to see the juniors stepping up to the plate.

Premiership window is opening....

Totally agree mate, and I've noticed a lot of media outlets are claiming we are the "darkhorse" this coming season :)

Croker may have a bit more versatility then Cust but will be an open question t until season "s start who may get the nod as a bench utility . Ipane probably just to be considered as a stand by 9 . Again a fit Guacamole should come into calculations during different stages of the season as of course will Waddel but jet Ski should get the initial bench back row spot . Paseka and Sipley for on going impact off the bench or Keppie and Boyle with their solid work ethic . Then Schuster waiting to show his undoubted talents in the back row sometime if the opportunity presents itself . interesting times ..

IMO if Schuster is considered ready for a start in the top 17 it will be at 5/8. That is the position in which he has excelled in recent seasons.

IMO if Schuster is considered ready for a start in the top 17 it will be at 5/8. That is the position in which he has excelled in recent seasons.
Just hope that he will be a long term player for Manly but also seriously , a lot different playing as 6 in the under 18 "s then i st grade . Coaching staff seem to regarding him as a back row prospect now , as for the future , who knows .

Des won't play Schuster in the senior grade until he needs to. Schuster is very talented however, there's a massive leap from juniors to seniors in terms of contact, impact and the speed of the game.

I think you’ll find that JetSki will be there based on form and, importantly, the backline positions he has covered very effectively.
You make a good point. My thinking was that we only need 1 utility and that should be Cust. If an outside back goes down he can slot into 5/8 and Walker pushes out to centre. If JetSki is picked his minutes will be limited unless there is an injury.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6