Ok - we got Levi - Top 17 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Depending on recovery from last season's injuries and assuming there are no further injuries in the preseason, I assume the starting 17 will be similar to the backend of 2019: 1-13 unchanged except for Levi at 9; bench from these six: Cust/Croker, Sipley, Keppie, Waddell & Gosiewski.

Yeah at this stage pending fainu case
Turbo, Jorge, parks, suli, garrick, walker, DCe, afb, levi, taupau, thommo, siro, jake.
Bench
Jack g, keppie, cust, Waddell.
Bench may change
Given we have Boyle, paseka, sipley plus trex and guca don't expect to see hopa and schuster to origin period

Yeah at this stage pending fainu case
Turbo, Jorge, parks, suli, garrick, walker, DCe, afb, levi, taupau, thommo, siro, jake.
Bench
Jack g, keppie, cust, Waddell.
Bench may change
Given we have Boyle, paseka, sipley plus trex and guca don't expect to see hopa and schuster to origin period
I like it however id go Sipley ahead of Waddell. Need the big bopper in my 17. Waddell and Boyle next in line. Geez its a good problem to have

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Danny Levi
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Jack Gosiewski
17. Corey Waddell

18th man (Sean Keppie)

Danny Levi’s Manly move could be a bargain buy for Des Hasler | NRL news
Paul Crawley, The Daily Telegraph
January 19, 2020 6:03pm

He is the $225,000 bargain buy who Danny Buderus reckons can help Des Hasler turn Manly into a genuine premiership force.
Danny Levi’s career was basically heading towards the scrapheap playing with NRL battlers Newcastle.
But Buderus has backed the former Kiwi Test hooker to now turn his career around with a little sprinkling of Hasler magic dust.
As the NRL’s off-season player market circus continues, Levi’s switch is expected to be finalised this week.
What’s even better for the Sea Eagles is that the deal will be done for an absolute bargain.

The Knights will have to cough up about $150,000 to make the trade happen, with Manly only chipping in about $225,000 to get Levi for the season.
For a crucial position such as dummy half that would present Hasler with a very shrewd purchase and potentially the perfect like-for-like replacement for the gifted Manase Fainu.

Danny Levi’s switch to Manly is expected to be finalised this week. Picture: Getty Images

Danny Levi’s switch to Manly is expected to be finalised this week. Picture: Getty Images
With Hasler struggling to fill the void that is going to be left by Fainu, picking up a hooker of Levi’s talent at this stage of the pre-season is a huge boost.

Fainu has been stood down by the NRL pending his court case, while he has also suffered from an infection in his injured shoulder that is going to require more surgery that would wipe him out for the majority of the NRL season even if he had his ban lifted.

At 24 there is no question Levi’s best years can be still ahead of him even though he appears to have gone backwards playing under Nathan Brown at Newcastle.

Brown and Levi just didn’t see eye-to-eye but Buderus, who has spent a lot of time working with Levi, has no doubt this change will come at the perfect time for all involved.

“Danny has definitely got the talent and the change will be good for him,” Buderus said.

Danny Levi’s best playing years can be still ahead of him. Picture: Getty Images
Danny Levi’s best playing years can be still ahead of him. Picture: Getty Images
“I think Danny will be up for this.

“It’s a new challenge and some new voices and faces will be good for him.”

Buderus said Levi’s arrival could make Manly a genuine top-four contender playing alongside Tom and Jake Trbojevic and Daly Cherry-Evans, while off the back of the go-forward provided by Martin Taupau and Addin Fonua-Blake.

“I think it will really help Danny,” Buderus added.

“He was like a lot of guys at Newcastle at the time where they had their careers accelerated (because of a lack of experience at the club).

“But Danny has that experience now and he just has to be committed to his fitness (so he can play longer minutes).

“That is the biggest thing with Danny.

“His body shape is starting to change and he will get down there and Des will give him a lot of belief.

“I think that will be a big thing for him.

“He has always been in a team that is building.

“But Manly are pretty stable and they have a lot of go forward that will be good for Danny.

“He will go well.”

Manly coach Des Hasler could have another bargain buy on his hands. Picture: Phil Hillyard
Manly coach Des Hasler could have another bargain buy on his hands. Picture: Phil Hillyard

It's not really a 1 -17 question is it ? just a 14 - 17 question.

If all fit then 1 - 13 pick themselves for the early rounds at least. It's just a matter of who makes the bench

I like 2 props and a back rower who can play middle or edge and probably a utility to cover hooker as well as halves. So my bench would be

Sipley
Keppie
Jetski
Cust

It changes the bench for starters, as we wont have 3 x dummy halves....Will Cust, Croker or the PNG gun get the gig ??

Sounds like a done deal, announcement imminent.
I dont mind it at all as a bargain basement buy considering our 9 woes.
What will be interesting getting the crystal ball out is if he goes on to have a good year, do we stick with him and Fainu is all of a sudden on the outer in 12 months time?
I mean i rate Fainu in the top 4 or 5 hookers in the game even at this early stage in his career, but cant help but feel all these off field indiscretions have put a dent on his reputation..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2