Ok Dogs - Funny but outta control

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Ok - I realise last season the Dogs were on the brink of salary cap issues after having to pay overs....pretty much turned out dud buys, but still paid way overs to get them to a struggling club in abysmal condition - on and off the field...and that's the nature of the beast and reality of sport across basically every code, so I get it....
But Now we add - Kikau, Addo Carr, Vaughan, Pengai Jnr, Dufty, Burton , Naden and now Reed Mahoney on the brink of Qld selection who would be a pretty penny also....and others likely NSW cup standard/backup.
Anyways, good luck to them if they can get away with it and as Bozo will likely and rightly say, "worry about our own backyard feathered friend"....I can't help but think of Tooves screaming "There needs to be an investigation" :call:

Ok - I realise last season the Dogs were on the brink of salary cap issues after having to pay overs....pretty much turned out dud buys, but still paid way overs to get them to a struggling club in abysmal condition - on and off the field...and that's the nature of the beast and reality of sport across basically every code, so I get it....
But Now we add - Kikau, Addo Carr, Vaughan, Pengai Jnr, Dufty, Burton , Naden and now Reed Mahoney on the brink of Qld selection who would be a pretty penny also....and others likely NSW cup standard/backup.
Anyways, good luck to them if they can get away with it and as Bozo will likely and rightly say, "worry about our own backyard feathered friend"....I can't help but think of Tooves screaming "There needs to be an investigation" :call:
Thompson wouldn't be cheap $7/800k, can see why they need to let Cotric go

Let’s wait to see who they offload but surely they will need a good clean out and inc Thompson, Cotric, Flanagan etc etc. But I can see they will be very thin if injuries strike

They'll need to let go a lot more than Cotric and Allen. And if Dufty can do anything next year they'll have to upgrade him too because he's only on a one-year deal.
They're probably trying to create an enticing environment to lure a halfback in 2023 or 2024. Otherwise they're stuck with Trent's first big signing (lol), Flanagan, so it's all for nought.
Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

I'd be happy if Manly was interested in Cotric, for the right salary of course. He was a terrific player until he reached Canterbury, and there should be no reason why he couldn't regain his old form. I know we need a centre and fullback in reserve and he could play both positions, even though he failed as a centre with the Dogs. We'd have the option of playing Sandwich in the centre and Cotric on the wing.
He is probably on $700,000 p.a. at the Dogs for the next two seasons so if they were prepared to pay half for 2022 and 2023 -- and we could afford it -- then I'd be in favour.

I'd be happy if Manly was interested in Cotric, for the right salary of course. He was a terrific player until he reached Canterbury, and there should be no reason why he couldn't regain his old form. I know we need a centre and fullback in reserve and he could play both positions, even though he failed as a centre with the Dogs. We'd have the option of playing Sandwich in the centre and Cotric on the wing.
He is probably on $700,000 p.a. at the Dogs for the next two seasons so if they were prepared to pay half for 2022 and 2023 -- and we could afford it -- then I'd be in favour.
I'm hearing he's going back to the Raiders

To be fair I don't think they would have been paying overs for Naden, Dufty or Vaughan

To be fair I don't think they would have been paying overs for Naden, Dufty or Vaughan
This is true.

It’ll be interesting to see how Vaughan goes because if he plays well, all is forgotten quickly in RL and a club like the Tigers will offer him good coin.

Seriously, do they not have a cap?
Dufty 200k
JAC 500K
Naden 300k
Allen 400k
Cotric 500k
Burton 450k
Flanigan 400k
Vaughan 200k
Mahoney 600k
Thompson 600k
TPJ 600k
Kikau 700k
Jackson 500k.

Thats about 6 million for their starting 13. And I've been conservative with some of those contracts compared to the rubbish media prices. So that leaves 3m for the other 17 players. Average of about 170k each. And I'm sure I've missed some players that are on decent coin. A pub somewhere must have some damn loose payouts on their pokies from Mr Laundy.

Seriously, do they not have a cap?
Dufty 200k
JAC 500K
Naden 300k
Allen 400k
Cotric 500k
Burton 450k
Flanigan 400k
Vaughan 200k
Mahoney 600k
Thompson 600k
TPJ 600k
Kikau 700k
Jackson 500k.

Thats about 6 million for their starting 13. And I've been conservative with some of those contracts compared to the rubbish media prices. So that leaves 3m for the other 17 players. Average of about 170k each. And I'm sure I've missed some players that are on decent coin. A pub somewhere must have some damn loose payouts on their pokies from Mr Laundy.
Cotric is going

But overall this is an easy game to play, every clubs fans accuse every other club of cheating the cap (probably all are), eg

Turbo 1.1mil
Garrick -200k
Harper 150k
Parker - 200k
Saab - 200k
Foran - 250k
Cherry Evans 1.1mil
Taupau 700k
Croker - 150k
Paseka - 350k
Olakau'atu - 300k
Schuster - 400k
Jake - 900k

Thats 5.9mil for us based on purely speculative numbers....

The truth of it is we dont know what players are actually on, we dont know what performance bonuses are in players contracts, what long service discounts and marquee player allowances are being used. If other clubs are picking up part of tabs etc etc.

Bulldogs have had a dog#$%^ squad and are now putting a potentially decent team together, play on.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6