Oh my they're now rock spiders.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader

More sex claims for NSW Labor
November 10, 2006 - 6:27AM

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/more-sex-claims-for-nsw-labor/2006/11/10/1162661858957.html

Police have reopened investigations into child sex abuse allegations against a Sydney man following the arrest of the NSW Labor MP Milton Orkopoulos on similar charges.

Parliamentary and government circles were abuzz last night with rumours another Labor MP was being investigated about child sex abuse allegations.

The Seven Network reported that a Newcastle mother had told police a Labor Party figure sexually abused her children.

The network said the woman claimed to have reported the matter to the police and that the investigation was not yet complete.

The man concerned had denied the allegations, Seven said.

Police confirmed last night they had reopened their investigations following rumours someone with links to the Labor Party was being investigated about child abuse allegations.

"NSW police will seek further information into a child sexual assault investigation involving a 62-year-old male ... which was suspended earlier this year," a police statement said.

"In late July 2006 a four-month investigation was suspended due to insufficient information, however, police will attempt to seek further information in light of recent events."

Orkopoulos, at the centre of the allegations that emerged yesterday, has vowed to fight charges he supplied two teenage boys with drugs and paid one of them for sex.

He has been suspended from the Labor Party, will be formally expelled within a week, and the NSW Premier, Morris Iemma, has made it clear he wants him to resign from parliament.

Mr Iemma has vowed tough action against any member of his Government or party found to have covered up child sex allegations against Orkopoulos.

He yesterday sacked Orkopoulos as the Aboriginal Affairs Minister after he was arrested and charged with 30 drug and sex offences.

Mr Iemma today said he wanted Orkopoulos and anyone who knew of the allegations out of parliament.

"If it touches on anybody else in my Government, I want them out of the Government and I [don't] want them in the same party as the party I'm in," he told reporters.

A police fact sheet tendered in court yesterday said one of the alleged victims complained about Orkopoulos to Jillian Snedden, a member of his electorate office staff, in October 2005.

Ms Snedden allegedly told an ALP member about the complaint and the member later told her he had referred the matter to police and the state's corruption watchdog.

No such complaint was ever officially recorded, police said.

An ICAC spokeswoman would not comment except to confirm the police statement was correct, and that "it was not an MP who complained to ICAC".

The Opposition Leader, Peter Debnam, today said the authorities must investigate the suggestions that someone in the Government failed to report the allegations against Orkopoulos.

There had been rumours in parliament for two or three weeks that a minister had been under investigation by the police, Mr Debnam said.

The NSW Labor Party general secretary, Mark Arbib, today said he did not know the identity of the party members allegedly referred to by the electorate officer in the complaint against Orkopoulos.

"I have no knowledge of that and I think it's important that the Government gets to the bottom of that as well as the law enforcement authorities," Mr Arbib told AAP.

Mr Iemma's chief-of-staff, Mike Kaiser, was told on Monday that police were investigating Orkopoulos but Mr Iemma was not informed until Tuesday night.

Mr Iemma dismissed the timing of his notification as "not relevant", saying he had been busy with cabinet and the federal water summit.

But Mr Debnam said it was "inconceivable" that Mr Iemma was not told about the allegations earlier.

The Deputy Premier and Police Minister, John Watkins, became aware on Monday that police were investigating serious allegations against Orkopoulos.

Mr Watkins said he was not told the nature of the allegations, but it had been "appropriate" for him to know Orkopoulos was being investigated by police.

"As minister for police I'm briefed on a whole range of confidential and security matters almost every day by NSW," he said.

Mr Watkins declined to say if he had previously heard rumours a minister was being investigated by police.

Mr Iemma gave assurances that the police investigation would be free from any interference from the Government, and ruled out an internal ALP probe.

Meanwhile, Nathan Rees, a former chief-of-staff to Orkopoulos and now the Labor candidate for Toongabbie, had assured Mr Iemma he knew nothing about the allegations against his former boss, a spokesman for Mr Iemma said tonight.

Mr Rees works for Mr Iemma as an adviser and also worked for former premier Bob Carr.

AAP

It really makes you wonder doesn't it....Carr was gay parading around with his fake wife (which is fine he just shouldnt have bull****ed the voters), Keatings dabbled and then we have judges who pick up kids on the wall, are outed by a certain Liberal Minister and the Minister gets a wrap over the knuckles for it....WHO IS PROTECTING WHO?????

I love the way that Byso rejoices when one party is in trouble and ignores it when another party stuffs up. This is all appalling and should be rightly condemned. It could be covered up but to point at political parties for this sort of things just shows how vacuous and empty the political preference makes certain posters. Why was he not rejoicing on the revelations on Alan Jones, who has many more stories behind him that can't be printed, and powerful mates to protect him?

The Keating innuendo is not true, according to a friend of mine!

Yeah- I'm not pointing the finger at any party in particular just the crap that some get away with. You're probably right about Keating CW- he is being hounded in the press about his new 'female ' flame at present.

I love the way that Byso rejoices when one party is in trouble

:violin: And that's why I place them up................because you love them. :lol2:
As I also get to read more of your typical lame responses. Crying as to why a make mention of your lefty champions issues ;)

btw I think I've been quite good as I could placed heaps more up over the last few months. :violin: :violin:

Dickhead Labor guy gets the ass rightfully

Liberals guy gives advice to a law firm as an ex-teacher (yeah right, not political insider knowledge what so ever i bet) - gets made leader of the opposition.

Byso all you have done is shown how Labor have the balls to deal with dickheads and the libs reward illegal practises

Some other Labour MP's knew about this for the last 10 years. Looks like Morris Lemming with have to start sharpening his Axe..............again

Id hope you have proof before posting unsubstantiated rumours.

not suprisingly you havnt argued that the libs wont get rid of anybody - wonder how many others have skeletons in the closet.

"Id hope you have proof before posting unsubstantiated rumours."

If you watched the news you'd notice I was right................again ;)

Time to get you're head out of the sand kiddo

"not suprisingly you havnt argued that the libs wont get rid of anybody - wonder how many others have skeletons in the closet"

hmmm........

In other labor news any WA MP caught talking to the former premier who was inprisoned will be booted - something the libs would never do.

I suppose you wouldnt believe that at a meeting there was a knife fight?

Morris Lemming.....come on byso. You know what lemmings are known for. So how did you make that connection??? friggin liberal voters!

ive hijacked a political thread and turned it into a political thread??

Im confuzulated

Ok is this on topic enough

2 coalitions MP's knew about it weeks ago and didnt say or do a thing.

What do you have to say about that - if they wont stand up againt the opposition who knows what they are hiding about their own party??

Come on byso - get stuck in to your boys

The info was leaked to them. They probably sat on the info knowing it was going to be in the press soon enough.

Your labor buddies knew about it for 10 years ago and they tried to cover up the problem.

I really can't see the link?

What was the name of that coalition MP in Queensland that got done for the same thing?

Change the names, changes the dates, change the parties ..... it's all the same.

Certain people in power will utilise their positions to take advantage of others to benefit what foibles they possess. It isn't political - it is human nature!!

*gets visual of byso with his hands over his ears yelling LA LA LA LA LA IF I CANT HEAR IT THEN IT DIDNT HAPPEN*

What was the name of that coalition MP in Queensland that got done for the same thing?

Didn't here of any. If so if the party was involved in a cover up they deserve all the crap they get.

From the sounds of things Labor does a good job up there so I would probably vote labor anyhow.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4