Official Supporters Group First Meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
We are pleased to announce the first meeting for the Sea Eagles Supporters Club will be held on Wednesday 15th November from 6:00pm.

The meeting will be at the Manly League Club behind the Legends Bar.

Please contact the Membership Manager if you wish to attend. [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Admin
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

Canteen Worker, Byso, Daniel, PJ, Wheel etc etc....here is your opportunity to have "Silvertails" voice heard.

Have you guys registered yet?

There would be nothing better than seeing a Manly Army shoot down (vocally only !) The Dragon Army.

nah **** it. i couldnt be bothered anymore Ryan. it is just a game and these ****wits will never change. I am over the whole ****ing thing, the site, the bull**** between infantile grown men and ego's that show a level f insecurity you would expect from an abused child

have fun with it whomever does go though

Yeah - why bother when it appears the same double standards are alive and well on MSE with the rank protection of the Rocker clique, led by DJ Spoof.

Honestly, if I thought there was a 10% chance of being heard my love of the club would mean I'd get around to submitting something.

But I have no desire for a rerun of the usual despair.

This group needs to be full of youthful exuberance. Not a rerun of the same old failed faces.

A fresh group who are not carrying baggage. Like Mata I fear that the same faces will lead to the same apathy and that many potentials will not jump on board.

I have to admit those Rockers are a surefire way of ruining it for many who might take part.

Their obnoxious, know it all, snobbish attitudes would turn most youger fans off. Isnt there a nursing home calling for pestbury and his cohorts ?

This group needs to be full of youthful exuberance. Not a rerun of the same old failed faces.

A fresh group who are not carrying baggage. Like Mata I fear that the same faces will lead to the same apathy and that many potentials will not jump on board.
I don't want to start slanging at those who tried hard to rally people during the NE days. Give them their due - they kept a Manly presence and supported a struggling outfit. This is not personal either. People like Sgt, Groggo and GP certainly gave their time for the good cause.

I just think a fresh new look of supporters would energise and lift our support. Where we are at the moment is not going to create momentum for a supporters group. For a variety of reasons there are splinters of Manly supporters that are just not unified and it goes a lot further than a couple of harmless footy forums. They are a couple of people who need to let go for the sake of the club and a huge number of potential supporters. To have something like the Red and White Army that I saw at that Semi would be great.

I'd probably never join because I'm lazy. However the fact that the Rockers are involved would ensure I'd never think of joining.

Could not think of much lamer than having to sit around with those gronks.

Read Rockers as DJ Spook, Sideline Eye, AJ.

I wont be going as I've got a date with the dentist that night.

Ryan will you be able to find time to go?

Also as long as we have attitudes like are displayed here the Rockers will be a huge force in supporter groups etc.....

The club has no option but to take notice of them. Because when the club requires supporters to help with activities they are the first to put there hands up.

But I guess we will be once again pooh poohing another venture which will be lead by our "sour grapes" fearless leader once again.

If this sort off thing really gets to you enough. Get out there and get involved. If not drink a cup of "shut the fcuk up".

Fluffy are you going? I'd be happy to have him there as our correspondent. As he's the only one of the regular supporters here that goes to most of the games that doesn't carry on like an elitist twit.

Cheers

I wont be going as I've got a date with the dentist that night.

Ryan will you be able to find time to go?

Guys - to be honest, I don't know who a lot of the Rockers are, but also think it's pretty unfair that you speak about them like that. I've met SGT, Groggo, & Smokey - and they are honestly cool people.

The attitude portrayed in this thread doesn't lead way to reconciliation in any areas. Isn't it time to move on from agenda's? FFS, even Dan has mentiond he's over things, and he's the one that created this site.

I think everyone should realise that we all have a common cause, and should be a "community" based club from whatever ridiculous faction there "appears" to be.

I know I'd enjoy the footy a hell of a lot better, if I went to Brooky, and knew 80% of the people there, shared a beer with them, and high fived them when Jamie Lyone calves up Parramatta.

Byso - probably not mate - I think the guys I have mentioned at the start of this thread would have a more balanced approach to things. I'm too heart on the sleeve type person, and may commit to something in the end I just couldn't do with a 2nd tacka on the way.

I'm a realist Ryan and my time is valuable. You know damned well that blokes like Dan, CW and myself would have an awful lot to add to this process, but we are also smart enough to realise that it's never going to happen.

We are all busy men with better things to do than produce professional quality submissions worth tens of thouysands of dollars that will be semi-plagiarised and semi-rubbished because it happens to have come from the silvertail quadrant.

I'm with Dan, completely over it sadly.

Ryan if you genuinely feel that way about the idea then I think you are the right person to go.

Matabele. Still can't get over the fact the club didn't take up yours and Dans option to run the official website. Please............ as if that was ever gunna happen.

Matabele. Still can't get over the fact the club didn't take up yours and Dans option to run the official website. Please............ as if that was ever gunna happen.

That is the tip of the iceberg, as anyone with a memory longer than that of a gerbil would well know.

[quote author=byso]
carry on like an elitist twit.

Interesting term. Accurate desciption of the rockers behaviour. Im drinking a cup of coffee.

[/quote]
Very true, but it also applies to some here.

I also realise that there are many reasons to be annoyed with the rockers etc, but it should be time to move on.

Time to move on - didn't want this thread to be trawling over old ground. ( I am just as irritated about certain things/people as some but I reckon we need to build a bridge.)

Certain people turn up and give their two cents worth. Others of us, for lots of reasons don't. We can complain about the outcome of any meeting if we don't show or provide input.

Get over it and get on.

That's errant nonsense CW.

The reason we have no desire to contribute is because the issue we're talking about is the block to anything productive happening.

If I receive a personal letter from the CEO assuring me that our suggestions will be given due consideration I will then do my bext to galvanise the silvertails to do what they are best at - constructive suggestions that will prove to be of corporate value to the club.

Until such time I might as well piss into an encroaching hurricane.

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
[quote author=byso]
carry on like an elitist twit.

Interesting term. Accurate desciption of the rockers behaviour. Im drinking a cup of coffee.

[/quote]
Very true, but it also applies to some here.

I also realise that there are many reasons to be annoyed with the rockers etc, but it should be time to move on.
[/quote]

You can only move on when the errors of the past have been recognised and restitution sought and granted.

Patently this has not happened, therefore the issue is still "live" and must be considered going forward.

It's only a supporter group Mata. It's not rocket science.

The main hurdle they have is getting people involved.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4