Official Supporter Group

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
I know a lot of people on this site have put effort into making a success of an official supporter group.

For those interested there is a poll on the front page at MSE with the following suggestions for a name:

Eagles supporters group name?
Eagle Squadron (info)
Manly Ultras
Screaming Eagles (info)
Manly Brigade
Brookvale Brigade
Arko's Army
Eagle Maniacs
Barons of Brookvale
Something else (link)

Have your say guys.

Don't be silly Ryan, Why not Eagle Rockers the?

Screaming Eagles Prefered
Then
Eagle Squadron

It was my suggestion for them to put up the poll. Pragmatically Silvertails was never going to be included.

My preferred is the Screaming Eagles - people who have seen the exploits of the 101st Airborne in "Band of Brothers" will know why.

Well its currently leading on 29%

So it was only put up, to pretend they are interested then?

The following comment is made in the appropriate area:

The answer to everyones question about the supporters group.

-- THE REASON ---
Alan Webster was very keen to get the supporters group rolling. We had some great ideas for it and they were added too when we have a meeting with representatives from the various fan groups. It was looking very positive. The support from the fans was very good and we accept that it was put back on us to take the next step - and we haven't.

Shortly after that meeting (if my memory serves me) we lost significant funding from the Leagues Club and a number of staff members were let go. Alan went from Managing Memberships and Season Tickets to basically doing everything. He is Operations Manager, Game day Manager, Ticketing Manager, Season Ticket Manager, Membership Manager and basically everything else where there isn't a specific dept. He basically ended up doing the role of 3 people. He works a good 6-7 long days a week (only paid for 5) and game day is a 16 hour day where he never sees the match. Quite simply his job is to keep the club running, so the Supporters Club had to take a back seat.

We want the supporters club to eventuate but quite simply generating income is the priority or we don't have a job and you don't have a club. Obviously long term there are opportunities for the supporters club to contribute to that income.

-- THE FUTURE -----
Due to the lack of available time the supporters group will need to be launched by the fans.

We need you guys to form the group, come up with a plan and suggestions on what the club can do to help facilitate your ideas. If you guys show some initiative then you will get support.

With the finals coming up it would be great to have a unified presence with a big banner etc.

I will try to help keep the dialog moving between the club and the group.

I haven't responded, though I will eventually. However, the basis of my submission to the club on this group was pretty much that the club needed to drive it - that a fan-driven piece would be a minefield.

The club needs to provide some direction. A classic case in hand was the game yesterday. The Manly fans were split between both the northern & southern terraces.

Surely all the club had to do was advise fans that wanted to sit in the GA area that if they wished to sit as a group they should gather at the ........ end.

A simple paragraph in the Daily and on the website would have done the job at no cost. It has been the same all year and we are now approaching the anniversary of the idea of the supporters group and besides a poll for the name the group has not moved forward 1 inch on we where at 11 months ago.

I may be wrong but I thought screaming eagle was a name for when a woman loved 5 men in a very special way all at the same time.

Lock it in Eddie!!

Who ever wrote the Email.......was it Mayer?

If so he's a dick head for suggesting the fans run it.

I may be wrong but I thought screaming eagle was a name for when a woman loved 5 men in a very special way all at the same time.

Lock it in Eddie!!

You aren't wrong Gronk. That was what I was thinking too.

We'll be the laughing stock of the NRL if we call ourselves that.

Unless everyone goes with the theme.
The St George "Angry Dragons"
The Canterbury "Doggie Stylers"
The Nth QLD "Lonely Cowboys"

And so on.

I am doing some, *ahem*, research into that. I did find this one on wikipedia:
Screaming Eagle, a slang term for the sound when accidentally inhaling the burning roach of a joint 8| wt..

Screaming Eagle, a slang term for the sound when accidentally inhaling the burning roach of a joint 8| wt..

lol thats friggen hillarious....I'll go with that one based on that fact alone :lol2:

someone I know, not me, in fact I'm not even here, dares you to post pictorial proof of a screaming eagle.

Actually better not

[quote author=The Gronk]

Lock it in Eddie!!

You aren't wrong Gronk. That was what I was thinking too.

We'll be the laughing stock of the NRL if we call ourselves that.
[/quote]

there are some things that I'm sure it is better the majority of us remain ignorant. :cop:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4