Official Maloney to the riff Moylan to sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
More room under the Rorters sombrero:

Jayden Nikorima’s future in jeopardy amid allegations he has twice tested positive to illicit drugs
funny how nothing was done the first time around pubicly. but now the roosters think they could use more room in the cap it gets reported and throws him under the bus
Is this how we do business now? Waiting for other clubs to shed players? Got lucky then but doesn’t mean we will every time!

Anyway, care to share any insight into who we can expect this off season then?

I’m happy to be proven wrong!
I understand you're happy to be proven wrong. Thinking the worst makes good outcomes so much better...

Take a deep breath.

No one knows for certain the circumstances surrounding the moylan signing. Last I heard we dropped interest at the $250k per year transfer fee. This is an excellent sign that our club won't pay overs for players (anymore).
Last I heard we were never in the race for Maloney.
Last I heard, nothing has been finalised with Pearce.
Last I heard, nothing has been finalised with Thompson.
Last I heard, Green is still on our books.

Our club in renowned for negotiating begins closed doors. Just because you don't know what's happening, doesn't mean nothing is actually happening.

Take a deep breath.

Nov marks the beginning of the 2018 contracted player transfer period.
Only today the Nrl and Rlpa announced the 2018 onward salary cap.

Maybe save your panic till round 1 if nothing has changed.

Thanks for the heads up! I have got an idea how it works though.

In saying that, I look forward to our next marquee signing...maybe Albert Kelly or even re-signing Nate Myles! Haha

Kevinward777

First Grader
I understand you're happy to be proven wrong. Thinking the worst makes good outcomes so much better...

Take a deep breath.

No one knows for certain the circumstances surrounding the moylan signing. Last I heard we dropped interest at the $250k per year transfer fee. This is an excellent sign that our club won't pay overs for players (anymore).
Last I heard we were never in the race for Maloney.
Last I heard, nothing has been finalised with Pearce.
Last I heard, nothing has been finalised with Thompson.
Last I heard, Green is still on our books.

Our club in renowned for negotiating begins closed doors. Just because you don't know what's happening, doesn't mean nothing is actually happening.

Take a deep breath.

Nov marks the beginning of the 2018 contracted player transfer period.
Only today the Nrl and Rlpa announced the 2018 onward salary cap.

Maybe save your panic till round 1 if nothing has changed.
Finally, the signs of some logical thinking. Some balance too.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Shame that it seems we will miss out on Moylan because, in my opinion, he would have been a good match for our team. Oh well, we move on. I still maintain that our recruitment priority is back rower and goal kicking outside back. I fear that nothing is likely to happen anytime soon until we get confirmation that Barrett has re-signed, we have a CEO in place and this salary cap farce is sorted out. One way or another we have currently enough talent to be a force next year.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
My first thought on reading this news is good, it will make neither Sharks nor Panthers much better than last year. All it does is save both of them from having an unhappy star.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
My first thought on reading this news is good, it will make neither Sharks nor Panthers much better than last year. All it does is save both of them from having an unhappy star.
It's a actually a really dumb swap in a football sense.

Maloney was a real key organiser and game manager at the Sharks and had a good combination with Wade Graham. Townshend was the less experienced half that played more what was in front of him. Cleary is an organiser and game manager and Moylan was the flair on top of that.

Now the Sharks have two off-the-cuff attacking players and no organiser and Penrith have two organisers. Now I know Maloney can certainly run the ball but Penrith are going see more turn styles than Penrith Plaza and more speed humps than High Street.

Cronulla's chief organiser and playmaker is a 36 year old lock forward now.

If we get Pearce, well he can tackle so that's gotta put him in front of the other two.

Rynostradamus

Reserve Grader
I agree patience is in order from the fans. But the club must act quickly on the back of these moves or face sitting at the nudie bar with 1.8million in $10 notes and having 0 garters to slip them into.

We dont want them down the top of the ugly matron waiting out the back to mop the mess off the floor because we feel we need to spend it.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
If Pearce requests to leave, then the Rorters are not obligated to for any portion of his contract
Sure but if he looks like he'll derail the team ....
A game of brinkmanship, I would suggest.

rifraff

Bencher
So if true. Players are actually able to accept a deal at the seasons end and are able to relocate themselves to a different area without needing a full years notice.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
If Pearce requests to leave, then the Rorters are not obligated to for any portion of his contract
It won't quite work that way. The Roosters will not want to pay 800k for a bench utility that doesn't want to be there. It might read like Pearce wants out (and I am sure he does) but the Roosters are also happy for him to walk, they just can't say that publicly because it's bad PR and obviously Pearce has more than a few friends in the playing group.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I have a sneaking suspicion that Maloney may not want to go to the Riff as he would make more moving north. Certainly he was concerned enough not to play for Australia. Geez I’d love to know what’s really going on!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12