"Official": Des Hasler appointed Manly coach - 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
On the plus side, instantly from that press conference, you notice the gravitas that Des holds as opposed to Trent, he controlled the room and he wont suffer fools.

He seemed a little flustered to me, obviously still dislikes the media and the spotlight.
But yes no fools will be suffered under Des.

He seemed a little flustered to me, obviously still dislikes the media and the spotlight.
I thought he handled it alright. He didn't try to answer questions that should have been asked of Penn and Gorman but instead took control of the conference and answered relevant questions with class.

DqEC0oaV4AAQfDJ.jpg

edit: I took this pic from twitter as well.
Isn't that Mary's body ?

Now we're all high on pot,(edit, weed was recently made Legal in Canada fwiw) sure you weren't watching the 'red green' show????

Now the hard work begins!

First: Who is going to tell @PONTIAN SEA EAGLE he has to do a nude run as promised? (Was it Pontian? I think so).
Second: Who actually wants to hold him to that?
Third: Can all the others who had a really really really good source worth defending till the end, get back to us why they screwed up
Fourth: Do the third point quickly please, we wanna laugh at them.
Fifth: Repeat after me. "It isn't official until it is official."

Sixth: Yay! We have a coach. 59% success rate too! Hopefully happy times!

7th: can @Mark from Brisbane apologise for repeatedly saying he had a secret he couldn’t tell anyone @:D

Oh certainly not claiming his is a polished media performer, moreso that everyone was hanging on his every word

Love it!

A Manly man back in charge of the team.

Back to a team with backbone in defence, the heart to stand together when it's tough going if we're down on the scoreboard, a pride in the jersey with that old winning attitude and a just a little bit of well earned unspoken arrogance because we know we're the Mighty 'Eagles!

NOTES FROM ANNOUCEMENT:

* Des missed coaching this year
* Convo started about 3 weeks ago
* Penn talked about the member meeting - members wanting a manly person back coaching
* Hasler - no ill will against Penn
* Hasler - no comment on Barrett
* Hasler - Good mix in the team with rep players
* Hasler - wasnt expecting the Bulldogs decision
* Hasler - Facilities are okay
* Hasler - Not talked to players as of yet due to RLPA guidelines
* Hasler - No talks about Trent, not answering anything about Trent as media manager said no comments about it
* Penn - Trent is still employed by the club
* Hasler - No word yet on Donny Singe etc
* Hasler - Taking lessons learned during career back to Manly
* Hasler - Players back on the 5th of November, will talk to them then
* Hasler - Tommy turbo coming through the grades, saw potential back then, come from a great family
* Hasler - Didn't dodge the required top 4 team comment by Penn, will be the responsibility of the players to work to it
* Hasler - Manly fans - personal comment from Des at bottom of the annoucement from the club
* Hasler - cap management from 2011 - managing the player list will require being creative, always had a plan and always planned to execute them, would of been committed to see them through had he of had the chance to stay around (reading a lot off paper)
* Hasler - back ended deals - miss simplistic and generally wrong.
Great contribution to Silvertails already, welcome aboard @Gnome.

Barretts' Boys are conspicuous by their absence, surprise, surprise.

Oh, and by the way, does this announcement count as Lyall "getting things done"??
Or is he still a talker, not a do-er ?
Who are the "Barrett boys"?

What are you asking about Lyall? Of course he has "got it done"!

Maybe they can keep Barrett on to ensure all the hinges are done up tightly for Door Slammin' Des - as long as he brings his screwdrivers from home.........

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8