Offence Penalties shifting momentum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Its amazing how many times a team commits an offence penalty and shifts the momentum against your team.

I bring this up as i was watching the tigpies vs knights. 25th minute, tigpies up 14-0. The tigpies have a scrum 10m from knights tryline, and there is a scuffle in the scrum. The tigpies player hits snowden in the head, tigpies conceed a penalty.

Knights went on to score 16 points in 10 mins, and continued by putting another 20 in the 2nd half. That is 38 straight points from a momentum shift.

The thing is, although not that extreme, this sort of thing happens all too often.

As a coach what do you do?

you go home and count your money. And make sure you have a back-up plan if coaching does not work out for you.

ManlyBacker said:
I don't know about the coach, but I'd be happy it was the Tigpies and think how it helps us on the table.

Yeah that tigpie loss certainly works in our favour

As a coach....

Hopefully your in week training covers this.

Otherwise I'd be telling the runner/trainer/ whatever he's called to get out there tell them to pull their heads outta their butts.

However, as is often said "who'd be a coach?" and the more footy I watch and the older I get (I'm 103) I think these things can be because the guys are young.

It's like watching the failed long passes in wet weather footy. Rarely works but you see the guys try and try again.

The ability to adapt a game plan on the run is very important and hard to do I guess.

As clint eastwood said in Heartbreak Ridge: You adapt, you improvise, you overcome.

"As clint eastwood said in Heartbreak Ridge: You adapt, you improvise, you overcome."

And that is evolution... and more to the point, that is the evolution of the game: those that adapt best, survive.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8