Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Off topic: does anyone remember

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
2018 Tipping Competitor
2019 Tipping Competitor
A weird one I know however I am having a debate with someone and Google has been no help.my friend remembers coming on Camp to the northern beaches and going rollerskating in a roller dome somewhere near Collaroy

I don't remember there being any roller skating place anywhere on the beaches in the 80's, the closest thing we had was Narrabeen ice skating

Does anyone remember such a place?

Shoe1

Roller skating was at manly near the waterworks, probably gone by mid to late 80s.
I went to birthday parties there. I think called roller disco or similar.

The ice rink was at narrabeen you’re right.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
A0226A95-DAEE-43E8-A148-7B1FF31A373C.jpeg @Dan - put a post up in this FB page you should get an answer

BOZO

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
2019 Tipping Competitor
A weird one I know however I am having a debate with someone and Google has been no help.my friend remembers coming on Camp to the northern beaches and going rollerskating in a roller dome somewhere near Collaroy

I don't remember there being any roller skating place anywhere on the beaches in the 80's, the closest thing we had was Narrabeen ice skating

Sorry feathered friend . I am not from the area . Cant help you

HappilyManly

Premium Member

Andrew..

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.
2019 Tipping Competitor
I was born at Manly hospital 60 years ago and I grew up on Collaroy Plateau. I can virtually guarantee you that there was never a roller skating rink around Collaroy or Narrabeen.

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
I lived at NN from 1970-1990 there was never anything rollerskating related north of warringah mall.

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
I lived at NN from 1970-1990 there was never anything rollerskating related north of warringah mall.
I dont remember one in Manly itself, but that could be early dementia.

midsteyne

loyal forever
Premium Member

District Park had a roller skate rink in the early sixties, outdoor.

Staff online

Latest posts

Top Bottom