NYC vs. Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Drinkwater looks pretty good - very snappy.
Our forwards are woeful. Totally woeful. It's a worry - anyone watching this rabble?

Also, why is Tasi still playing if he has signed with The Roosters? NYC is about getting into 1st grade isn't it? There is no point growing him as a player.

endzone link said:
8.35 from h-t manly 16 - drizzle 16

Nope: Storm 18
Manly 16

Storm have won 4 games this year as well.

Even NYC players, especially Bennett and Stormquist are embarrassingly fat... 

ryan we like giving players experience to take to the other clubs that sign them...

Tasi in under the posts...LoL....and he looks like the ONLY one even half resembling a first grader.....

There is a reason why Des isn't giving these guys a go in first grade guys...lets be real here.

Melbourne have 9, that's right, NINE SG Ball players in it at present.

**** me dead our playing ranks are just depressing.

Who said Cunningham is the next big forward for us? Jeezuz.....bit of a plodder guys.....kind of reminds me of Jason KIng.

Liking the look of Liam Higgin's keeps improving game after game.

Also can we get the U20's home jersey as our alternate jersey? It looks so much better then the white one the NRL team has

Well they won, so give them a break. And without their two guns, Hoppa and Whare.
If the Storm are full of SG Ball players then they are feeding them something very nutritious in Melbourne. They had some big units.
Drinkwater's kicking in general play was outstanding, and Higgins, Tasi and Stromquist all played well.
The big difference in the standard is the tackling. Once a team gets a set somehere close to an opponents line they invariably score.

I was there today. Cunningham's work rate was excellent!! I watched him intently and he is so willing to do the hard stuff. Tasi was a tad disappointing but made some good runs. The halfback Riccardi is one player I am a big fan of. Excellent all round game, has something about him. Higgins the hooker all year has been awesome, loads of potential, great runs from dummy half and excellent passing. The left winger Ben Shorter has some toe and was willing to get involved. Stromquist just needs more leg speed, is a bit slow but webcke type build so fingers crossed. I do agree that none of these guys yet could play nrl.

Harsh on Cunningham, i thought he was good too Darren.
22 hitups for 186m. Most metres on the field.

I agree Innes! Every time when the game got close it was Cunningham who kept going forward! Tasi was a fair bit hands on hips. No, I'm not writing negative stuff about Tasi (as I have praised him all year) Cunningham has had big wraps for at least 3 years from our officials.

gee Ryan toughie, I always liked Junior Palau in terms of size and mobility. He has been the regular starter in the front row for SC. He's only just 23, 190cm and 113 kg so he is a big lad. He played a nrl trial against the sharks and went real well but not much hope against names such as Kite, Perry, Rose and King in making rotating props.

Tasi and Cunningham would have been 1st of the rank in moving up. With tasi leaving, Cunningham is our sole prop. He is taller than Palau at 197cm but weighs 102kg, hence his work load he gets thru. Not sure if he would be ready yet to be honest. Only just turned 20 so may need a year in reserves etc to further get used to new age bracket.

The problem with SC is we never see them, only hear reports. I hear he is doing well so I think he will come in or go close to top 17 next year(unless we sign someone)

Actually, Palau has always been very mobile when I have seen him. Maybe Cunningham AND Palau?? Ok, we have SOME prop talent waiting in the wings (so to speak).

hope so Ryan, at 23 he should be ready to step up to the rigours of prop in nrl. Cunningham at 20 I'm not sure.

I arrived late at the ground without a program - assuming Tasi was playing in number 12 yesterday and put on that big hit near the end ??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4