Nsw's worst

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
FFS enough is enough....Queensland have got where they are becuase they stick to their guns...it's about f**king time that NSW did the same!!

No QLD got there because they hit the jackpot with basically the whole Australian side in the team. It had nothing to do with Passion or Sticking with players. Im sure it does not help that NSW switch and change but it pisses me off when every QLD supporter says QLD stick with their team, Well derrrr, why would you change the team they have!!! End rant/

Im sure when NSW find a good combination they won't change either and as QLD's Aussie side slowly retires they will have to switch and change to beat NSW.

torana355 said:
No QLD got there because they hit the jackpot with basically the whole Australian side in the team. It had nothing to do with Passion or Sticking with players. Im sure it does not help that NSW switch and change but it pisses me off when every QLD supporter says QLD stick with their team, Well derrrr, why would you change the team they have!!! End rant/

When they started they didn't have the Australian Team, they have now...enough said!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Lose by 4, make 5 changes. Sounds familiar somehow.

You can look at them as changes if you choose. I look at it as if it's how it should have been in the first place.

Idon't think that we picked the best team we could have but in saying that I would rather see them stick with this team barring injuries/suspension. Ricky and Bob need to show loyality to the players and it will be returned just as the q'landers have done in the past.

The biggest dissappointment for me is that no one in the blues really stood up,sure they did a lot of defence and the online defence was great but it is like they play like there in their NRL sides. The Q'landers on the other hand grow another leg and really lift for these games. FFS Tonga had one arm and still got over Gaz ( with help from Boyd) but he shouldn't have even been on the field.

I just dont know how much sticking to original player selections is going to mean if the coach gets the shaft in the near future.

RE: Nsw's worst
Idon't think that we picked the best team we could have but in saying that I would rather see them stick with this team barring injuries/suspension. Ricky and Bob need to show loyality to the players and it will be returned just as the q'landers have done in the past.

This^^

And everything Mark of Brisbane has said is SPOT ON. Good work mate.

It ain't the exact team i would of picked either but too late we have to stick to it. Go the Blues!!

There seems to be 2 camps on this issue, one group want to keep a consistent team like QLD do but others want to make great changes. I kinda have one foot in each, I agree with the philosophy of the former but don't think we have the squad to do it...yet. QLD have a 17 man squad which does not change, this is the best player in each position. They make slight changes to cover injury. NSW has to first create a squad and then settle on it.

1. If fit, Brett Stewart is undoubtedly the best fullback in the state, his selection should be as automatic as Slater's. Dugan or Hayne can fill in for injury.
2. B. Morris has repeatedly failed at origin level. I'm not sure where we go to next but I don't understand why Robbo hasn't been given a shot.
3. Jennings for mine has claimed this spot and deserves to stay.
4. Idris may not be ideal but IMO he is the best we have.
5. Uate was good enough to be given a long term shot.
6. Soward was not great but Stuart did not play to his strengths. He could be much better, certainly better than anything else we have.
7. Pearce didn't do much wrong and we have a shortage of halves.
8. TLL is a good player and does tend to lift for representative matches.
9. I hate the bloke but Ennis changed the momentum of the game when he came on. He generally is a decent hooker.
10. Perhaps Tolman if fit. Weyman hasn't done enough to warrant reselection IMO.
11. NSW have plenty of options in the second row, one of the few positions where they do. I'd go with Bird, he has potential and he does keep the opposition guessing.
12. Watmough was made for origin and him not being selected is criminal.
13. Gallen has been great for NSW.

14. Lewis should be an automatic selection on the bench. Versatile player that has been very good for NSW.
15-17. Pick these bench players based on form, pick them series by series and reward the best performing forwards. This is also where QLD has made most of their changes.

firechild said:
There seems to be 2 camps on this issue, one group want to keep a consistent team like QLD do but others want to make great changes. I kinda have one foot in each, I agree with the philosophy of the former but don't think we have the squad to do it...yet. QLD have a 17 man squad which does not change, this is the best player in each position. They make slight changes to cover injury. NSW has to first create a squad and then settle on it.

1. If fit, Brett Stewart is undoubtedly the best fullback in the state, his selection should be as automatic as Slater's. Dugan or Hayne can fill in for injury.
2. B. Morris has repeatedly failed at origin level. I'm not sure where we go to next but I don't understand why Robbo hasn't been given a shot.
3. Jennings for mine has claimed this spot and deserves to stay.
4. Idris may not be ideal but IMO he is the best we have.
5. Uate was good enough to be given a long term shot.
6. Soward was not great but Stuart did not play to his strengths. He could be much better, certainly better than anything else we have.
7. Pearce didn't do much wrong and we have a shortage of halves.
8. TLL is a good player and does tend to lift for representative matches.
9. I hate the bloke but Ennis changed the momentum of the game when he came on. He generally is a decent hooker.
10. Perhaps Tolman if fit. Weyman hasn't done enough to warrant reselection IMO.
11. NSW have plenty of options in the second row, one of the few positions where they do. I'd go with Bird, he has potential and he does keep the opposition guessing.
12. Watmough was made for origin and him not being selected is criminal.
13. Gallen has been great for NSW.

14. Lewis should be an automatic selection on the bench. Versatile player that has been very good for NSW.
15-17. Pick these bench players based on form, pick them series by series and reward the best performing forwards. This is also where QLD has made most of their changes.

Ennis changed the momentum because Dean young is/was the most average player to ever put on a blue jumper. I agree with all your points though.

I'd hate it if any Manly player, bar Princess, gets to play under Stuart. He's a crap coach so offers nothing except a loss of confidence. Playing Origin is meant to take you to a higher level. I can't see how playing under Stuart's coaching would do that. I read he's attempting to get the bus to have a 'Caxton' run around the Sydney Telstra. What's the idea? to create some mayhem and injury for some poor slobs wanting to attack the Qld bus? They guys a moron.

Qld's advantage seems to be that they have combinations, players that understand each other. But it's not just from sticking with the same selected team. Obviously a lot of their players have come from the Broncos, and one or two other teams.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6