NSW squad for game 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Barrett
Cooper
Creagh
Dugan
Ennis
Gallen
Gidley
Hayne
Hindmarsh
Idris
King
Leyroyd Lahs
Lewis
Morris
O'Donnell
Pearce
Scott
Tahu
Waterhouse
Weyman
White

Perry and kimmorely dropped

Lyon and Watmough ruled out

Waiting on news of Hayne and Lewis from judiciary and Dugan, Weyman, Scott to have medicals

Barrett/Pearce the new halves combo, I like that personally

King will get a start with only 3 props named

Quick thoughts:

Farah should be in ahead of Ennis. All day. All day.
Love the selection of Dugan, although if Dugan plays then Gidley is in the halves, which I hate.
Would've picked Tolman as one of our front-rowers. Think he's the best NSW prop in the comp. Mannah also very unlucky. Very happy for King though, well deserved. White is very lucky considering his game in Origin 1 and his form for the Storm.
Beau Scott? Not keen. Cooper? Was horrendous in Origin one.
I like that Barrett is there, but I would've picked Bird too unless he is injured. 6. Bird, 7. Barrett is a good Origin combo. Although Pearce is a strong choice as well.
Hindmarsh? I don't really see the point, but he always tries his arse off and will improve our defence no end...

willstyles link said:
Quick thoughts:

I agree with all your thought, but this one in particular should be obvious to anyone. I keep hearing that Ennis is an "Origin player". He was awful in game one - no attacking spark, terrible service from dummy half all night. He didn't even sledge anybody. Farah is, quite simply, a far better player. He deserves a proper go at the spot.

Ron E. Gibbs link said:
[quote author=willstyles link=topic=183531.msg265766#msg265766 date=1275905586]
Quick thoughts:

I agree with all your thought, but this one in particular should be obvious to anyone. I keep hearing that Ennis is an "Origin player". He was awful in game one - no attacking spark, terrible service from dummy half all night. He didn't even sledge anybody. Farah is, quite simply, a far better player. He deserves a proper go at the spot.
[/quote]

Bang on. Agree 100% with that.

I don't know who started this campaign, but the ridiculous suggestion that Ennis is "tough and has the niggle perfect for Origin" and Farah is "classy, with plenty of flair that is great for club footy but not suited to Origin" gives me the sh*ts no end.

Farah is just as tough as Ennis. But more importantly he can attack and is generally a better player in every facet of the game. Plus he is a left-footed kicker, which cannot be underrated in an Origin team where the kick game is crucial...

Until they pass a new rule for SOO from here on NSW has no chance.....the new rules is that NSW get a 13 point start every game.

I agre Mata the whole 21 could run out (and all at once) and still have no chance

Looking at that list it could be game 2 in 2008 or 2009. Exactly the same incorrect decisions and so predictable. Once again I call for the immediate sacking of selectors and coach. Won't get me anywhere but the painful joke for NSW goes on without a break.

Year after year after year MB...fair dinkum how can every Blue's supporter in NSW see what's happening and the selectors be so blind. I am going to SOO 2 with a bunch of Manly supporters so I guess we'll just have to sit there and cop it on the chin from the Queensland crowd.....they are such smug bastards!!

I'd love someone to tell me what matt cooper has done over the last few years that makes him an automatic origin selection.

if they at least stick with pearce win or lose for now, they have done something to build for the future. and picking dugan likewise (if he doesn't disappear again next game).

I realise that Hindmarsh is virtually exempt from criticism in the rugby league world, but I am amazed he is in the squad. He is a solid defender, but his days of being a factor in attack are long gone.

In the game at Brooky recently there was a passage of play where Parra were struggling to get out of their own 20 and our defence was smashing them. He didn't want a part of it - took a couple of slow, sideways hit-ups. I think we can do better for Origin.

jjai link said:
[quote author=byso link=topic=183531.msg265827#msg265827 date=1275955723]
Only 1 manly player, you beauty.
.. like that too......
[/quote]

Only because the others are injured (and perry went soft).

I know i go on about it but there is no room in the NSW for Kidley.
Have Bird instead of Barrett (or Bird in the Backrow).
Pearch #7.
Fullback Hayne
Hooker i can't split Ennis or Farrah.

Either way until they start picking a team on its merits and stop trying to be too smart all the time QLD will forever win.

Same ****, same result

Only 1 winger selected, Gidley stays at fullback.

If Hayne plays he plays wing again, if Hayne is suspended Dugan will take the wing spot.

I cant find a spot for Idris, he is a liability on the wing and a waste of space on the bench.

I assume the side will be:

Gidley
Hayne/Dugan
Cooper
Tahu
Morris
Barrett
Pearce
Learoyd-Lars
Ennis
Weyman
Hindmarsh