NSW Origin Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Luke Lewis should have been a shoe in for 13, and is playing well the past few weeks.
He turned that game for the Sharks the other night. What happens if any of the halves get injured( Hodko will probably do a hammy running onto the ground!). When we get belted in game 1 hopefully the changes will come.@:(

That's a really poor team assembled for NSW. They need to look at the future, and I hope they actually get belted as punishment for their stupidity.

Matt Moylan - is there a cooler player under pressure? He could handle origin no worries, and is a real natural ball player who can link with the backs.

Tupou
Jennings
Dugan - proved that he could handle the defence last year
Johnston - turned in a good performance for Australia

Maloney - unstoppable combination with Jennings and Tupou and the best goal kicker in the competition
Pearce - more creative than Hodkinson with the ability to put his forwards into holes

Woods
Farah
Tamou
Jackson - should be running down an edge
Scott - plug a defensive hole down GI's side of the field
Merrin - better option than Hoffman who will be concussed after 5 mins

Klemmer
Fafita
Frizzel - deserves a bench spot on form
Cordner - good combination with Pearce, and runs hard

Now that's a good team. No Josh (my knees are cactus) Morris either.

That's a really poor team assembled for NSW. They need to look at the future, and I hope they actually get belted as punishment for their stupidity.

Matt Moylan - is there a cooler player under pressure? He could handle origin no worries, and is a real natural ball player who can link with the backs.

Tupou
Jennings

Maloney - unstoppable combination with Jennings and Tupou and the best goal kicker in the competition
Pearce - more creative than Hodkinson with the ability to put his forwards into holes

Woods
Farah
Tamou

Klemmer
Fafita

That's more like it Snake.

It's a matter of which selectors blink first in regards to picking for the long term now.
I'd rather watch us lose with exciting youngsters than dish up our usual safety first crap, we're always trying not to lose rather than trying to win.
I reckon Moylan will "do a Locky" and end up a great 5/8.
Johnston has shown his versatility too so he should be a shoe in.
Hopefully Tedesco can toughen up a bit and be part of the future too.

As much as Snake is still the premier fullback in NSW my team would be
Snake ( one last hurrah) - he's always been shafted at Origin time imo - or Tedesco
Tupou or Pat Richards ( he's in form )
Dugan
Jennings
Johnston
Moylan
Pearce
Fifita
Farah
Klemmer
Scott
Cordner
Merrin ( he can cover front row too)

Tamou
Lewis ( in form and covers heaps of positions )
Frizell
Jackson

If we go down, we go down swinging and we give some youngsters a go.

I'm going to the game next week but not with any real excitement.

That's more like it Snake.

It's a matter of which selectors blink first in regards to picking for the long term now.
I'd rather watch us lose with exciting youngsters than dish up our usual safety first crap, we're always trying not to lose rather than trying to win.
I reckon Moylan will "do a Locky" and end up a great 5/8.
Johnston has shown his versatility too so he should be a shoe in.
Hopefully Tedesco can toughen up a bit and be part of the future too.

As much as Snake is still the premier fullback in NSW my team would be
Snake ( one last hurrah) - he's always been shafted at Origin time imo - or Tedesco
Tupou or Pat Richards ( he's in form )
Dugan
Jennings
Johnston
Moylan
Pearce
Fifita
Farah
Klemmer
Scott
Cordner
Merrin ( he can cover front row too)

Tamou
Lewis ( in form and covers heaps of positions )
Frizell
Jackson

If we go down, we go down swinging and we give some youngsters a go.

I'm going to the game next week but not with any real excitement.
Not sure it is the right time to throw Moylan into 5/8 for his first game during origin with a busted hand.

Snakes team that he posted before looked well balanced.

I think Dugan should be on one wing, to accommodate Moylan at fullback. I'm so impressed with his coolness under pressure ..... I'd love to see him in the boiling pot of origin pressure. I think he is a white mans Hayne, the more pressure the better. Interchange with Dugan just to keep the qld'ers guessing. They will have an absolute bath on Hoppas wing by jamming him in defence.

People don't rate Meninga as a good coach - but at least he selects a back or utility player among his 17 (DCE or Morgan). All other coaches, including 2V, play follow-the-leader and pick four forwards on the bench . . . and are stuffed when a back is injured during the match!

Surprised that Moylan didn't make the team at hoppas expence with Dugan further out and Johnston gets dropped only weeks after playing for Aus?, the others I can live with but would have played Lewis on the bench for that ability to cover

Not sure if anybody noticed this in the DT. I know they were talking about bringing in new selection criteria, but you'd have to think this would create a conflict of interest...

Queensland squad: Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Will Chambers, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, MATT SCOTT, Cameron Smith (c), Nate Myles, Aidan Guerra, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker. Interchange: Daly Cherry-Evans, Josh McGuire, Matt Gillett, Jacob Lillyman. 18th man: Dylan Napa. 19th man: Michael Morgan

NSW squad: Josh Dugan, Daniel Tupou, Michael Jennings, Josh Morris, William Hopoate, Mitchell Pearce, Trent Hodkinson, Aaron Woods, Robbie Farah (c), James Tamou, Ryan Hoffman, MATT SCOTT, Josh Jackson. Interchange: Trent Merrin, David Klemmer, Andrew Fifita, Boyd Cordner.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e-of-origin-snub/story-fnp0lyn3-1227360195117
I feel this radical new selection process could have ramifications for your average NRL player though if carried over to the normal competition. Players like Thurston, DCE and co. could sign for all sixteen clubs greatly reducing the opportunity for your journeyman NRL player to get a contract.

Last edited:
It's funny how after winning 8 out of the last NINE series, and essentially having the same super strong team all in damn good form... Yet they rate themselves underdogs.

Fair dinkum.

I've said previously but I agree with @Snake. Moylan just has to be there. He is our x-factor now and for the next 5-8 years. Put him in.

Dugan was awesome in the centres last year so put him there.

I think there's a lot of merit in the QLD way of sticking with players who have done the job before in Origin and not worrying too much about NRL form. Some players are able to step up for the big occasion.

Hoppa is a good example. He has done a great job every time he has played Origin in the past (both pre and post mission) and I think he deserves to be there again.

Likewise Morris. He has done some special things in a blue jersey in the past.

Hodkinson too. Couldn't have handled it better last year and was a big part of the team doing what Pearce couldn't do for all those years. If QLD were in the same position (talent wise) they would stick and history shows they would usually be rewarded.

Its would be pretty hard to justify picking Josh Reynolds though, given the new depths of form and stupidity he has been exploring lately.

Pearce is an interesting selection to replace him. He has had so many chances but just seems to be invisible in big games - until last year's finals where he really stepped up.

Moylan will get his chance soon, along with Johnson and Adam Reynolds.

I grew up thinking Origin was always a 50-50 bet, regardless of which side was stronger on paper, but maybe that theory only works when NSW are stronger on paper. Maybe the difference is Queenslanders know Origin history is a better performance indicator than club form.

Tupou
Jennings

Woods
Farah
Tamou

Klemmer
Fafita

I like this team. Morris has been good at origin, I would still be happy with him in centres and Dugan to wing (would give good kick return) in lieu of Tupou. Moylan had to be there, as did Maloney and Frizzel who have been in great form.

Hopoate is playing mediocre footy for a team that is playing worse than that. How on earth can they justify his selection over test winger Alex Johnston?

As much as I am no fan of Schitzel, on form he deserved to be picked. And Hodkinson probably got picked as the incumbent and because he's really done nothing wrong. He's also a solid defender.

Will Farah's ego get in the way of another Blues series win? Unfortunately hooker is the one spot where NSW really have no other option but him.

And I think the selections mean that some players, namely Watmough and probably Snake, have seen the end of their rep careers.

No real surprises for Qld.

Last edited:
I think everyone is being way too dismissive of NSW chances. The Australian team which is mainly Queenslanders proved they've just edged over the hill. If Australia was so comprehensively beatable, then so too is Queensland.

Last edited:
I think there's a lot of merit in the QLD way of sticking with players who have done the job before in Origin and not worrying too much about NRL form. Some players are able to step up for the big occasion.

Hoppa is a good example. He has done a great job every time he has played Origin in the past (both pre and post mission) and I think he deserves to be there again.

Likewise Morris. He has done some special things in a blue jersey in the past.

Hodkinson too. Couldn't have handled it better last year and was a big part of the team doing what Pearce couldn't do for all those years. If QLD were in the same position (talent wise) they would stick and history shows they would usually be rewarded.

Its would be pretty hard to justify picking Josh Reynolds though, given the new depths of form and stupidity he has been exploring lately.

Pearce is an interesting selection to replace him. He has had so many chances but just seems to be invisible in big games - until last year's finals where he really stepped up.

Moylan will get his chance soon, along with Johnson and Adam Reynolds.

I grew up thinking Origin was always a 50-50 bet, regardless of which side was stronger on paper, but maybe that theory only works when NSW are stronger on paper. Maybe the difference is Queenslanders know Origin history is a better performance indicator than club form.
That's a very good persuasive argument. Loz is no mug, and is from the loyalty generation. If Hodko does have a big one I'll never use recent club performances as a form guide for origin againo_O

That's a very good persuasive argument. Loz is no mug, and is from the loyalty generation. If Hodko does have a big one I'll never use recent club performances as a form guide for origin againo_O
Ha ha, he may have a "Big one" but that isn't gonna help him come next Wednesday, well at least till after the game.

G'day,

I have a special offer which we've got together with the guys at Beach Wheels, to run a bus out to the game at ANZ stadium on Wednesday. We are giving away 2 tickets to the match as part of our offer, or $150 bucks cash if you have already purchased your tickets. If you are headed out to the game, and don't want to drive, have a think about joining us. The Bus will be leaving from Manly Wharf at 5 pm, heading straight to ANZ, and then directly back again afterwards.

Here are the full details for you:

https://www.facebook.com/niftiecommute

Thanks.

G'day,

I have a special offer which we've got together with the guys at Beach Wheels, to run a bus out to the game at ANZ stadium on Wednesday. We are giving away 2 tickets to the match as part of our offer, or $150 bucks cash if you have already purchased your tickets. If you are headed out to the game, and don't want to drive, have a think about joining us. The Bus will be leaving from Manly Wharf at 5 pm, heading straight to ANZ, and then directly back again afterwards.

Here are the full details for you:

https://www.facebook.com/niftiecommute

Thanks.
Any chance of making a bit of a detour to Hervey Bay?

I think this team is fairly balanced. Hoppa has been there and done it before. He has proven himself as a defensive winger, whilst there are definite concerns over the current size of Johnson. He will be there in the future though!

Pearce has been in good nick for the past 12 months, Hodkinson can goal kick and defend, which is one more thing than Maloney can do.

Dugan has been in good form at FB recently. The bench is really strong. NSW forwards will hopefully run all over the smaller QLD pack.

On a side note, all this rubbish about "loyalty" from Qld selectors is rubbish. Of course you are loyal if you're picking Slater, Cronk, Thurston, Smith, Scott. Deadset no brainer. If they lose this series will we see loyalty?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2