NSW Origin Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gotta give Choc credit for his NSW career though. Despite the Blues poor record over the past decade he still managed to progress from Origin to a few test jumpers (while he was at Manly that is.....)

He must have been doing something right back then. Oh yeah that's what it was....he was playing for Manly. He goes to Parra-doesn't-matta and his rep career has probably come to an end (though in fairness his age would also count against him).

Isn't Foran lucky that he doesn't have to play Origin. Going to the Speels would harm his rep career, but being a Kiwi he might escape that.

Gotta give Choc credit for his NSW career though. Despite the Blues poor record over the past decade he still managed to progress from Origin to a few test jumpers (while he was at Manly that is.....)

He must have been doing something right back then. Oh yeah that's what it was....he was playing for Manly. He goes to Parra-doesn't-matta and his rep career has probably come to an end (though in fairness his age would also count against him).

Isn't Foran lucky that he doesn't have to play Origin. Going to the Speels would harm his rep career, but being a Kiwi he might escape that.

The NZ halves should have been Johnson and Bunji. Foz was not in good enough form to play over Bunji and it annoyed me cause it played to his ego.

But that is rep footy in a nutshell I guess.

Hodko has the worst kicking avg this year - so he gets the gig - WTF

Hoppa - Loz must be dreaming

Cordner over Frizelle - ridiculous

Qld 3-0 :confused:

......and will not get within 12 in any game. I don't really care though. More worried about last nights loss than any SOO game.

Not really interested in it this year
NSW broke the run of QLD last year no manly players in the squads apart from DCE
Care more about manly than SOO this year

QLD logic is that Sydney should forfeit all games next year if they can only sell 60-70,000 of 80,000 tickets so the game can go to QLD where they can heve better sales of 50,000 because it needs to be a sell out.

If that is the logic then just take it to the SFS where there is a better atmosphere anyway or even better to Brookie, surely it could sell out.

Hoppa, Pearce and Hodkinson must have the goat photos of Daley
Agree with Hoppa and Hodkinson, but Pearce has been the standout NSW-born halfback this season. How they can pick an out-of-form halfback in the important 5/8th position amazes me. Ditto with Hoppa, who is lucky to be in first grade, imo.

No Fifita no frizzle...surely that is a joke
Fifita is in for Lewis

The full NSW Blues squad is:

1 Josh Dugan, 2 Daniel Tupou, 3 Josh Morris, 4 Michael Jennings, 5 Will Hopoate, 6 Mitchell Pearce, 7 Trent Hodkinson, 8 Aaron Woods, 9 Robbie Farah ©, 10 James Tamou, 11 Beau Scott, 12 Ryan Hoffman, 13 Josh Jackson. Bench: 14 Trent Merrin, 15 Boyd Cordner, 16 David Klemmer, 17 Andrew Fifita.

DCE is supposedly going to be ruled out through injury. I think Game 2 2010 is the last year that a SOO game didn't feature a current Sea Eagle. We came 8th that year, hoping it could be an omen.

Last edited:
That is not a great team for the blues. NSW will be in it to about the 60 minute mark then I fear that QLD with start piling on the the points.

How is it that the best halves option is Pearce (who has lost every origin series he has played in) and Hodkingson who is returning from an injury, played average, and goal kicking has been poor.

CONFIRMED QLD SQUAD: Slater, Boyd, Inglis, Hodges, Chambers, Thurston, Cronk, Scott, Smith (c), Myles, Guerra, Thaiday, Parker. Interchange: Cherry-Evans, McGuire, Gillett, Lillyman. 18th man: Napa. 19th man: Morgan

Daly Cherry-Evans injury expected to rule him out of Origin I.

That is not a great team for the blues. NSW will be in it to about the 60 minute mark then I fear that QLD with start piling on the the points.

How is it that the best halves option is Pearce (who has lost every origin series he has played in) and Hodkingson who is returning from an injury, played average, and goal kicking has been poor.

Because Soward is Soward. Mullen is injured. A Reynolds is injured. Keary isn't up to it yet. Austin isn't a natural half. Wallace is injured. Grub Reynolds is playing worse than Hodko. Maloney isn't offering much.

I like the halves combo. Hodko can be the halfback. Controlling last tackle options, getting repeat sets, getting the forwards involved. Pearce can then just use his talent which he never seems to do in origin with Maloney next to him.

How is Josh Jackson a starting lock?

He is an edge runner, big difference moving into the middle with no experience doing so.

Luke Lewis should have been a shoe in for 13, and is playing well the past few weeks.

Laurie has lost his marbles.

Dont get me started on Will Crapoate.

State of Origin Game 1
Wed 27th May 2015
Stadium Australia, Homebush, Sydney

---
NSW Blues

1. Josh Dugan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
2. Daniel Tupou (Sydney Roosters)
3. Josh Morris (Canterbury Bulldogs)
4. Michael Jennings (Sydney Roosters)
5. William Hopoate (Parramatta Eels)
6. Mitchell Pearce (Sydney Roosters)
7. Trent Hodkinson (Canterbury Bulldogs)
8. Aaron Woods (Wests Tigers)
9. Robbie Farah (c) (Wests Tigers)
10. James Tamou (North Queensland Cowboys)
11. Beau Scott (Newcastle Knights)
12. Ryan Hoffman (NZ Warriors)
13. Josh Jackson (Canterbury Bulldogs)

Interchange:
14. Trent Merrin (St George Illawarra Dragons)
15. Boyd Cordner (Sydney Roosters)
16. David Klemmer (Canterbury Bulldogs)
17. Andrew Fifita (Cronulla Sharks)

Coach: Laurie Daley
---

---
Queensland Maroons

1. Billy Slater (Melbourne Storm)
2. Darius Boyd (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Greg Inglis (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
4. Justin Hodges (Brisbane Broncos)
5. Will Chambers (Melbourne Storm)
6. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)
7. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
8. Matt Scott (North Queensland Cowboys)
9. Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm)
10. Nate Myles (Gold Coast Titans)
11. Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters)
12. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Corey Parker (Brisbane Broncos)

Interchange
14. Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Sea Eagles)
15. Josh McGuire (Brisbane Broncos)
16. Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)
17. Jacob Lillyman (New Zealand Warriors)

18. Dylan Napa (Sydney Roosters)

Coach: Mal Meninga
---

This weekend's NRL round 11 (Fri 22nd May to Mon 25th May) consists of only 4 matches - all State Of Origin game 1 players do not play in thier respective NRL Rnd 11 team game if applicable.

Next weekend's NRL round 12 (Fri 29th My to Mon 1st June) consists of 7 matches - all State Of Origin game 1 players are able to play in thier respective NRL Rnd 12 team game if applicable and fit. Usually there are at least a few State of Origin players unable to back up for an NRL game only 2 or 3 days later.

NEW SOUTH WALES!

Hasn't Hoffman been knocked senseless the last 2 weeks, no way will they allow him to play with the new awareness re concussions. Surely.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6