NSW Origin team [Game 1, 2018] - General discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
In fairness though.....Adelaide sports jounos don't know anything outside of the Crows, Power and AFL.

Nor how to do basic internet searches it seems.

That said: The Canadian F1 GP is approaching in Montreal soon and Ferrari posted a pic on how they are looking forward to it, etc,...... but the pic was of Toronto.

A guaranteed way to make Montrealers angry (think Sydney v melb) lol

The main reason NSW won was due to Freddy.:wait:

It's great to see a Coach pick his own side, apply his unusual Team Bonding activities and mold 17 players into a cohesive Team :clap:

Loved watching Freddy play and it's great to witness his resurgence as a Coach :)

Nor how to do basic internet searches it seems.

That said: The Canadian F1 GP is approaching in Montreal soon and Ferrari posted a pic on how they are looking forward to it, etc,...... but the pic was of Toronto.

A guaranteed way to make Montrealers angry (think Sydney v melb) lol
I’m hoping that Lewis Hamilton stomps all over those pesky red cars this weekend :)

Tom had a pretty lack luster first half lots of hitups but went nowhere. Second half he had a whale of a game was huge.
Thought Jake was pretty under par too just did his work but ran too straight

Re jake i think that was a reaction to the bench. With crichton on the bench and jake more a back up front rower than origin quality prop the bench looked a little inbalanced in my eyes. Freddy obviously used jake more as an 8 than a backrower.

I didnt like the bench before kickoff and my thoughts have chaged little. Jake has so much footy in him he was kind of wasted i thought.

Not that crichton played badly, but with debellin and jake i think we need another metre eater to ram it home.

In saying that nsw defence was quite good and the extra mobility in the pack probably helped

Re jake i think that was a reaction to the bench. With crichton on the bench and jake more a back up front rower than origin quality prop the bench looked a little inbalanced in my eyes. Freddy obviously used jake more as an 8 than a backrower.

I didnt like the bench before kickoff and my thoughts have chaged little. Jake has so much footy in him he was kind of wasted i thought.

Not that crichton played badly, but with debellin and jake i think we need another metre eater to ram it home.

In saying that nsw defence was quite good and the extra mobility in the pack probably helped

I thought Jake come on for Jack and played lock?

Well done NSW, congratulations on your win. Of course everyone up here is whinging about a forward pass and Gagai not losing the ball, so of course they were robbed. OR maybe NSW were just too good. Last week Hunt was told to take charge of "his" team, so he should be crucified the same way DCE was a few years back when he filled in for Cronk, even though Thurston, Slater, Smith, GI, Scott blah, blah,blah were all in the team. DCE to have a big one this weekend. AND did anyone see McGuire smiling in the in goal when QLD were losing, nope sorry that should be the biggest story coming out of the Origin. They're still crapping on up here about Cherry smiling

Not robbed but as long as the media play it fair and no whinging by pro nsw commentators when Qld win by a forward pass or knock on. The try didn’t matter but it was more than a metre forward and the channel 9 team didn’t even mention it.

Gagai not losing the ball, so of course they were robbed.

Just on that.....I'm actually in agreement with what Sterling and Gould said in commentary after they saw the replay. Crichton did knock it from Gagai's hands....but the ball went backwards and Jake dived on it. From there it should have been play on. Either way Qld lost the ball.

But you know the Qld media. NSW could have won 50-0 and they would still blame the refs.

Just on that.....I'm actually in agreement with what Sterling and Gould said in commentary after they saw the replay. Crichton did knock it from Gagai's hands....but the ball went backwards and Jake dived on it. From there it should have been play on. Either way Qld lost the ball.

But you know the Qld media. NSW could have won 50-0 and they would still blame the refs.

Looked at it this morning in slo mo. Crichton's right hand never touched the ball. the angle from behind showing his arm moving back and the ball falling out is enough to get qlders going off, but front on, nope. Now his left may have tapped it as it looked like it was between gaigai's body and ball carrying arm. If so...then no one could see it and gaigai should hang on to it more.

Loose carry, correct call.

Either way, if Crichton did touch it, he was facing his own goal line and the ball was going backwards so it could hardly be a NSW knock-on.

Just like Qld fans calling Tom's try a double movement, they are clutching at straws with this one. I agree, loose carry, correct call.

For the NSW fans here....and that is probably most of you ;)

34532221_1916085248425722_5432116864652148736_n.jpg

Looked at it this morning in slo mo. Crichton's right hand never touched the ball. the angle from behind showing his arm moving back and the ball falling out is enough to get qlders going off, but front on, nope. Now his left may have tapped it as it looked like it was between gaigai's body and ball carrying arm. If so...then no one could see it and gaigai should hang on to it more.

Loose carry, correct call.
Yep, Crichton was holding Gagai’s jersey and then released it bumping the ball on the way through. No ball security, no strip, correct call.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8